Grateful Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Grateful Saturday

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:41 pm

I am up, made the bed took Rx.
Had breakfast.
Finished up the laundry it is folded and needs to be put away now.
I have done 30 min. On the stat bike.
I still have one paragraph to journal. X
Waving to all of you!
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:32 pm

Very quick trip out, will need to go see mother later in the afternoon. Trying to decide what to do next...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:38 pm

Glad you're up and almost at 'em, LadyM.

Just finished cleaning up the kitchen and doing the dishes. Also cleaned out both refrigerators of a few items. We HAD a big bowl of cracker candy on the back porch. Pretty sure dsonil ate at least a pound of it last night, ;)
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:44 pm

DD came and got DGD7 for a couple hours. DD works 12 hours today (2pm to 2am) so DGD7 will be back in about an hour or so.

According to Fitbit, I slept over 14 hours yesterday! I would have slept more but I was woke up 6 times by phone calls from family. I find sleeping this much in one 24 hour period astonishing for a gal that has to continually be aware and make an effort in order to meet my 7 hours of sleep goal.

I am continent hopping with TV series. I watched Australian based series....then went to Africa....now I'm in England.

My goals for today -
** be aware and do as many of the healthy habits as I can
** fill out Coop paperwork and mail it
** Order DS10 a recorder. I hope adding the 3rd instrument isn't a mistake. DS10 has asked to start lessons on his 3rd musical instrument. So he will have a Recorder class on Monday. Piano lesson on Tuesday. Percussion lesson on Wednesday. Practice on instruments is part of our daily homeschool.
** Complete 50 SHE cards.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:10 pm

the snow is staying south of the city. it is just skirting us.

hello d twins, d nancy, d kathryn, d dee, d rose, d lady and d everyone.

I spent one hour on decluttering. Kat and I figured this job would take 16 weeks if I only would do 15 minutes a day. I don't want that. I had to change my mindset that this job was too hard.

did bills that came in. empty dw. meds taken
now to continue on :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:20 pm

I think I have pulled out everything that I need to pack. Kathryn inspired me to do an Excel sheet matching up tops with pants so I could pack the most useful pieces. I'm trying to figure out my criteria for what shoes/boots to wear tomorrow - is it size/weight (i.e. I should wear the heaviest so they don't take up space and weight in my suitcase) or ease of removing (which takes me to the lightest shoes to pack.) Dh has precheck, I don't fly much without him so I never signed up...

Now I've got donnwannas about writing the notes I need to do.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:32 pm

I had to make another phone call to get the ball rolling again, BUT have finally heard from that Thurs meeting. I've sent off the reports and made copies here of the pages I'll need to hand out tomorrow. Hadn't been off the phone for more than 15 mins when I got a call from someone else about the proposal, so I guess I lit a fire. lol. Got one immediate email of thanks back after sending the report, which was nice. Fielded another call later about the proposal again (not really my area, but I do know some answers).

Now I have the tri-folding to do, and I'll be ready. Hope everyone else is "on the same page". I've done everything I can to remind.

We have the potential for an ice storm coming. To me, it looks a little more as though it will skirt us. The cold is biting though, because of wind at least.

So I did all the chicken chores at 2:00 p.m. today, hoping that was about the best choice. I had some more things I sort of wanted to do outside, but needed to come inside to warm up. Now thinking I'm not so sure any of them are all that important! (brrrrr) Surprised to realize my hands are chapped.

I have also gone out to a close restaurant and picked up their famous slaw - a couple quarts. HRH was saying that would really help him be happier with homemade meals through some days, in case we are "holed up". Reassured the waitress there that I truly can't tell she has had a stroke, so maybe that was where I was supposed to be at that time. Must be difficult, wondering who to "button-hole" and privately ask... .. "can you tell?"

Have a wonderful trip, Twins'!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:36 pm

hello d twins! I understand the I don't wanna's!!!

can you put your timer on for 5 minutes or 2 at the most. Sometimes lol "sometimes" it breaks my funk or I do quite a few 5 minutes.

hi d harriet
glad you got the ball rolling again and that heard from Thursday's meeting. I hope everyone else is "on the same page".
stay safe if there is an ice storm!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:39 pm

I am washing d dog passed bedding. oh my dear heart but it was the right thing to do. dd older is coming home today - hoping the snow doesn't hold her back. I think it is easier for everyone that I took care of it.

finished the family room the best I could today. thinking I may have a fire tonight.

worked on bills. I had to put 4500 on my charge card for sweet dog and,I am glad I did - I wouldn't change it, but I still have to figure out a payment plan of attack.

trying to figure out the next thing. I know what I should do ;) 8-)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:52 pm

I have the DoNotWannas too.

I spend time on audible and a-river selecting audiobooks to use up my credits. I just added 5 books containing 43 hours of listening to my library. I am looking forward to these books! I decided to cancel my membership at audible because I can listen free through other programs. I can always start the membership again if the other ways don't work out.

The packing list reminds me that I need to make an excel spreadsheet for gym bags. After working at it for 6 weeks I think I might have the right items to pack in my gym bags. But I find myself frustrated every single time I arrive at the Y because I forgot to pack something. I need a list to check off until it becomes "normal".
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”