brand new day, brand new week MONDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

brand new day, brand new week MONDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:52 am

Happy beginning to a new week! I love the adventure of having a new week ahead!

I loved yesterdays theme. it was a soul satisfying Sunday. just the thought made me content and happy!

wishing you a great day!!!! whatcha doing?
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: brand new day, brand new week MONDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:54 am

today is normally home blessing but I have to move it around this week.

today is going to be my errand day!

shower2shoes done

this week: bathroom week for me
goals: clean the showers/tub from top to bottom
wipe the kitchen cabinets and doors - I missed that last week.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:36 pm

When we left yesterday, dsil said, "be sure to come early on Tuesday so you can have lots of cuddle time with the baby." We are going over to pick up dgsM2 for dinner and I tend to time things tightly so it was a good reminder.

Today I'm a slug. I have a half hour to get dressed before I'm getting dressed in the afternoon.

I have worked on learning the time-tracking software (there are no tutorials and the instruction manual is one page.) So I had to experiment with it. I'm not sure it will work but ran into the limits of the free version quickly so simply upgraded as that was easier than rethinking my methods.

I've taken some stuffing out of the 'car' pillow and resewed it so it will fit in an over-sized ziplock bag. That makes it take up much less room in the back of the car but it will still be there for when I want it. I not only use it on longer trips, but often if I have 20 minutes waiting time and the weather is good enough, I'll lie down in the back for a nap.

That led to me organizing my trip packing bags. I put my clothes into ziplock bags to keep them organized in my suitcase and safer from some disasters (i.e. someone's bottle of perfume breaking and seeping into my suitcase in the airplane hold.) I found a 12-pack soda case and made dividers for each size out of old file folders. In the past I had each size rolled up together and attached with an elastic then all the bundles in one bag on the shelf. But that meant I had to unwrap all of one kind to get out just one bag. Now I reach into the section in the box and can pull out just one.

Finally, I looked at dh's pants that need repairing (since I have the sewing machine out) and can't figure out how to do the repair so they will go to a seamstress.

I still have to strip and remake the bed and get dressed myself so I'm going to poof now and not return.

I slept poorly last night so I think that has to do with my piddling the day away.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:44 pm

Good morning all! I didn't get nearly as much done this weekend as I wanted. I did do the errands, made the car payment, did my Bible study, and did the animal org minutes. I had to rip a lot of the Christmas crochet, so I am now even further behind on that. The snow Friday did not affect dance class attendance. I will miss tonight's class because there is a church meeting I must go to. I have not heard from the insurance company about the return of the stolen guitar. I did hear from the repair people about scheduling the door repair.

Sunday, I acquired another cat. Because I don't have a good place to separate him right now, he is with the other two adults. Seems to be going ok. He had met Briggs before at the adoption clinic. He is an easygoing cat named Alfie. I think he will be another good one for kittens to emulate.

This morning saw the last dose of the oral kitten meds. Cue Hallelujah Chorus.

I called Mom to give her an update on the theft situation and got another lecture on dusting. And on the fact that DD16's room is not spotless either. Apparently, she regards the fact that I am not Martha Stewart as a personal failing. I guess it is better than the lectures on how I need to be on a manhunt. It has snowed enough to make me miss Alabama, but I don't miss lectures. Sighs and eyerolls all around. I guess next visit I will do more dusting instead of toilet repair. But that may get the manhunt lecture, even though Y chromosomes do not come with a guarantee of plumbing ability.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:29 pm

(__)p coffee & a hug any one?

I slept in till nearly 8 was up at 2:30 Went back to bed at 3.
Journal done.
Breakfast & coffee done the bed is made that is about all.
Mailed a letter 4 h. And took the dog out to pee.
It is a grey foggy day here today unlike yesterday's sunshine. 8-)
H. Is working on farm paperwork.
I painted base coat on a stone deciding what to paint on it flowers or grapes.
Glad I coiffed the kitchen in the nite.
Laundry is current glad for that as well.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:22 pm

I'm not getting anything done fast today. But I did go through all the papers I have for CPA and I updated one personal spreadsheet (in case we itemize, which is very doubtful given the tax law changes). CPA says he would like at least my business things so he could get going on that. We had an interesting conversation about the new tax forms. Multiple pages with just a line or two on them. What were they thinking?

Anyway, I'm waiting for him to get back to his office and he'll call, then I'll take my year-in-a-folder to him. I will be so glad to get this on its way.

Because I worked on things yesterday afternoon I'm in good shape here. I've been reading my library book because it is due this week.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:22 pm

My sore throat & swollen neck glands are better today so I am sliding back into normal activities. I really detest being forced to rest. I do it when it is necessary but I'm quick to be done with laying around at the first opportunity.

Homeschool Day #107 is done. 95% of the time went smoothly. But oh my....that 5% was a challenge for sure.

The sun is shining brightly. I need me some sunshine! *POOF*
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:35 pm

I'm dressed, the bed is remade and the dryer just finished so I should fold the clean sheets and put them away.

I've had my lunch and couldn't resist cleaning out under the sink, so that's done. Nothing tossed, just a slight reorganization and made room for the dishpans so that cleared out room on the shelves. I spread things out to make it look less empty.

I washed the kitchen sink well.

I have about 15 minutes left on the kitchen and it is 'done' but I'm sooooo tired.

I'm off to push myself through that and then to take a nap after folding and putting away the sheets.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:25 pm

https://passionatepennypincher.com/free-daily-planner-printable/

This is the link to the checklist I was talking about. The thing is, it is practically IDENTICAL to the one I have made for myself in Excel, except for the weekly chores listed across the top -- the three or four top things.
Now WHY do I think I'd do so great with this, when I am doing pretty much NOTHING with my own system???
I've just got to get off my franny and DO SOMETHING and quit looking at pretty papers and different designs and all this STUFF. No plan works if one refuses to work the plan, right? * sheesh *

I did figure out a way to keep up with the 365 declutter along with my zones. I have my zones on a gridded 3x5 and I had another page that I had started for that, but laid aside. It turns out, there were exactly 15 boxes to the left of the zone titles, so now I am putting slash marks for the 15 min missions in the kitchen for this month, and then on day 16 (if I last that long :lol: :oops: ) I will make x's out of the /'s.
So far, I'm on day nine. I'll check under the sink, too, Kathryn! :D

Brand new day... brand new week... same ole lazy lucy... :oops: I am having trouble finding direction today. Don't even know what my "zone" should be. I guess that is the beauty of planners and F lylady and our system here. What zone are we supposed to be in, anyway?
Dreary gray day here too, Nancy.

Top Three * FOUR * for Today:
[ ] wash hair
[ ] change sheets
[ ] do laundry
[ ] call dmom

I wish I had the same energy and motivation that some of you have. LadyM says:
I really detest being forced to rest.

(((LadyM))) Please don't overdo it while you're getting over your bug!

Harmony, I finished the book I was reading last night (this morning) around 3:00 a.m.! The Couple Next Door. Boy... it did have a lot of twists and turns in it -- it was about a child kidnapping.

got another lecture on dusting. And on the fact that DD16's room is not spotless either. Apparently, she regards the fact that I am not Martha Stewart as a personal failing.

(((Elizabeth)))
Oh my... I am trying so hard not to make ds and ddil feel like this; just because their housekeeping standards are not the same as mine does not make them failures. If I had two children and a dog underfoot all the time, plus the work/school load they have, my house would look like a tornado hit it all the time. Note energy level problem above. I doubt I'd do as well as they do.

Blessed, you always sound so cheerful and upbeat! You are a true inspiration to me! I need to do my bathrooms today too!
Tomorrow is another day.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:29 pm

I shoulda stayed home today!!! I just broke a report I am supposed to be fixing. I can revert my changes, but some of them I would like to KEEP! Bleah and total bleah.

I met someone this weekend who is my age. Her great-grandson is 10, only 6 years younger than DD. I've met grandparents my age, but never a great grandparent. YIKES!

Return to “Post When You Can”