brand new day, brand new week MONDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: brand new day, brand new week MONDAY

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:58 pm

Dump trash before Trash day Tuesday. X
Give dog sponge bath. X
Spiff kitchen. X

Lunch is over.
Mail has been processed.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:03 pm

loved the cup of coffee d nancy.

lol re: great grands your age! d elizabeth. i know one of the mom's i met was 13 when she had her son! lovely young woman - she was 26 when I met her. a wonderful caring mom!

d lady feel better.

a quick hi

hello d kathryn, d lucy, d lady, d nancy, d harmony, d elizabeth and all!!!!

I put away all that I went shopping for and finished all but one errand (my mom's car has a chip in the front on her car - I need to get a small bottle of paint for my brother. he lives in a different state and come in every 2 weeks to do mom's bills. I have to get her vin number before going to the dealership).
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:48 pm

Elizabeth - WOW! I'm not sure what age you are but that sounds like a young age to be a Great Grandmother.

Thinking about how old I was .....
17 years old - became a Mom
39 years old - became a Grandmother
53 years old - became the legal guardian of 3 months old premie baby
58 years old - became a Great Grandmother
58 years old - adopted a 5-year-old child

I've monitored DGD7 doing her homework. She is such an easy child. She had a book that needed to be read out loud to an adult and then paper signed that it was accomplished. The assigned book is for her whole class homework which means it is at a 2nd-grade level. DGD7 reads at a 4th-grade level so the book was simple for her. When DGD7 reads out loud she changes her voice and put emotions into what she read to match what each of the characters said. It's like one person performing all the parts in a play.

I considered going to the Y this afternoon. I really wanted to but made myself stay at home. My energy level is good but I don't want to push myself too hard. My sore throat is gone and both sides of neck lymph glands are going down but they are still swollen and tender. At least things are going in the right direction. I just need to be patient a little longer.

I have completed 88% of my Healthy Habits today which is excellent considering I'm not exercising.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:44 pm

BookSaver thank you for your post in overview of our week!

Nancy, thanks for coffee and hug.

Main thing we did today was go out together (very big deal) to the healthy foods store and not only shop but go through their buffet for lunch. Several of the side-effects HRH has been experiencing eased up overnight and he wanted to take advantage, wanted to do some driving. Also it has been a clear day (although cold).

That was pretty good for a day following such a toughie. I was definitely in recuperate mode.

So nice to hear from Lilac.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:57 pm

My dmom became a mother at 16, grandmother at 38, and great-grandmother at 67. That's not too bad, is it? But starting out at 16, she was kinda relieved ds and I didn't follow in her footsteps! :D
My paternal dgm became a mother at 18, grandmother at 40 (but only by 25 days), and great-grandmother at 62.
Neither of those look really out of the norm, I guess, but compared to my mother-in-law, these two on my side of the family were just babies themselves!
My mother-in-law became a mother at 29, a grandmother at 61, and a great-grandmother at 90!
My maternal grandmother was older, too -- she became a mother at 30, a grandmother at 46, and a great-grandmother at 68.

And I wonder why I don't get anything done? Obviously I have too much time on my hands... or rather, I am not using my time very effectively. :oops:

Kitchen is clean and sheets are in the washer. I also s2s & washed hair.
AND... I also talked to dmom, who sounds like she is doing fine. She went to physical therapy this morning. She sees the foot doctor tomorrow.
So except for the laundry, my Top Four have been done.
Talked to ddil on her way home from day 3 of nursing school. :D
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:26 pm

Monday
support group
groceries
yard - lots of tree and palm weedlets pulled out.
short walk as prior outing had taken me some distance

Tuesday
tmeds
finished a novel
washing on
late breakfast

next
washing out
dishes
stop thinking and do something.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:40 pm

Forgot to tada that I was a hand and foot model for dd's musculature lessons. She took crazy close-up photos in odd positions of pointing, clinching, etc., and will sketch from these, subtracting so as to "reveal" whatever amount of envisioned muscle the teacher is looking for (?). My hands are good for this because of their flaws. (prominent veins, crepe-like thin older skin - you know :) ) My feet are flexible (not so much as hers, we learned), but flawed by spider veins. How nice to be artistically interesting in my maturity. I think.

A cousin's granddaughter posted an old photo our family doesn't have - my grandmother and what appears to be all her 9 siblings at a family reunion when all of them were tall and standing straight, youngish adults. We have no photo of her oldest brother still able to stand, so this is great. My grandmother in a sleeveless dress - highly unusual. I fear some of these are in-laws because some classic facial features are missing from a couple women. But I called ds and asked him to say thanks for posting. She says there is a card she can get her hands on, that is a legend/list for the photo. That would be wonderful.

start on 5 x 5 for tomorrow

Trash and recyclables
Pay bills
Make deposit
creative time

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:16 pm

I napped for over an hour, closer to 75 minutes. Then listened to the radio a bit before heading over to the store for carrots for my dinner tonight and tomorrow's crock pot stew.

I cleaned up after dinner and dh settled in to watch a movie I had on my list as well so we watched together. I did take the time to open the mail so that is done. That would be the mail from the last 5 days.

I'm now trying to figure out a way of storing my purses (the current ones, although I use them in 3 variations) in the front hall closet. That I will ponder for a few days. Something has to leave in order for this to work.

I'm also planning to KonMari all the office supplies while dh is away (he leaves on Sunday morning.) That way I can spread them all out in the dining room. They will be coming from at least 4 rooms. I'll do craft supplies at the same time since there's some overlay.

Off to bed now.

It was a successful day although not everything got done.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:14 am

Well I entered the village this morning and was going to post. Then I seen where Kathryn has a new grandchild, so I had to go find the details about that. By then, something had came up and I didn't get to post. Congratulations to Kathryn, Ken, dd and her family on the birth of a precious baby girl with a beautiful name.

After reading posts there are comments I wanted make and now my mind is a blank. Oh how I have missed all of you and I am so glad to be back.

Dh was sick today. He kept feeling nauseous and achy, which kept coming and going. He goes to bed by 9 every evening so he can get up around 5 to let Beau out and get their day started.

Something has come up that I am taking to MO.

Return to “Post When You Can”