Wipe away Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Wipe away Wednesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:40 am

Harriet and the virus discussion yesterday inspired today's theme.

1. Take 5 minutes with a disinfectant soaked cloth and wipe down door knobs, kitchen knobs, light switches and bathroom taps and other places you touch that might harbor germs.

2. Throw open the windows for a few minutes to bring in fresh air. Don't do that if it is insanely hot or high allergen warning.

3. Wipe away some of the cobwebs in your head. That might mean a walk, a nap, some time with your planner, or simply shaking/dancing the inertia out of you.

4. Wipe away stinking thinking. Click away from negative social media sites, turn off the news, change the radio to music from talk radio. Today will be a positive day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Wipe away Wednesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:46 am

I love Harriet's comment about larks and night owls and what we owe to both of them.

Personally, I feel I am neither. I'm a slug before 10, or later, most days and again after dark. Which is around 4:30 part of the year here. The only exception is when I am writing. The muse only seems to come to me when most of the world has quieted down for the night.

I'm up now and just finished light therapy so should stop posting from my phone.

I'll be back when I figure out a plan for the day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:55 am

hello d kathryn!!!

I am heading out to take christmas down for my aunt. I found I am needing to sit for a minute to get my mind into the game. dh is more excited to go than I am. He sees it as time out of the house. I know it has to be done. she also wants to go for lunch. I think I know where I will take them. dh is rather picky and d aunt likes to spend a long time at the restaurant. it doesn't feel like fun - terrible I know of me. I have to change my attitude.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:37 am

Blessed: I think I side with your dh. A field trip! A Visit! Lunch out! And as a bonus, a chance to bring order to someone else's home (for some reason that gives me more pleasure than doing my own home.)

Maybe my viewpoint can rub off on you. Have a blessed day!

I've done my weekly kitchen chores and the wipe-away of knobs and handles all through the apartment. I also washed up the breakfast dishes.

When I started it was sunny so I was going to 'just do that' and then dress and go for a walk since it was sunny and warm (i.e. close to freezing), a combination we seldom get.

As I worked on the kitchen table which looks out the north window, I saw that the sky was black over the hills across the river.

As I returned with my cloth and cleaning solution, the wind noise made me look out the window. I saw that a snow squall coming right at us from the west. Second by second it approached, every 10 seconds or so another block between us and the river disappeared. I have no view whatsoever at the moment.

Time to go get dressed. The wind has died back but I don't know if that means we're stuck under this cloud or if it will disperse. I vaguely recall something about snow flurries this morning amounting to just under an inch. I guess it will all fall quickly, which means it isn't flurries at all but snow!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:44 am

I am up journaling is done. Grateful for the p m routine I did that wiped away the after dinner mess. I need to pay add to laundry today. We have sun this morning yea for fog being gone. Hoping it warms up. I had breakfast. Did a design to paint on a stone later when dgd is here. I am in a better mood today yea for that.

I have disinfect wipes and will do door knobs etc. Today with those.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:51 am

I'm guessing you didn't get that walk in, Kathryn. It's actually pretty 'cold' here. 46 right now and breezy. Too cold for me to walk -can't breathe in it unfortunately.

We were to meet dbil/dsisil for breakfast at 9:15. Dh waited until about 24 after & tried calling his db. No answer so I thought they were on their way. After about 5 minutes his db called back. He forgot. So we ordered (albeit too late for morning specials). Won't try again until next week. Have our campground gathering in Sarasota tomorrow. Have to leave here about 10:30 and won't be back until about 4:30. Hate that trip and to me seems pretty senseless. We end up sitting at very long tables and get to chat with whoever is right around us and then we all leave. Dh does manage to chat with quite a few when we first get there. We got the 'back way' so at least I don't have to deal with traffic on 75.

Think I'll try to reclaim our office today. It's gotten pretty messy while I worked on Annual Reports.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:33 pm

I just love coming here and reading the wise suggestions. I always learn something or am reminded of something that I forgot to do.

DMom called before the sun was up to tell me she isn't feeling worse. She assured me that she is remembering to drink plenty of water.

DD came this morning to spend time with DGD7 and get her ready for school. DGD7 was thrilled. I know DGD7 living here full time and DD showing up for 30 minutes a day is not ideal. But we have learned the hard way that it can get much worse. So,...we are making this situation work while hoping it improves.

Homeschool this morning was excellent. We only did 3 hours because we will go to Band class for an hour this afternoon so that will make up the hour we didn't do this morning.

I had a good chuckle at myself yesterday. Why was I trying so hard to keep away from germs with the gloves? DGD7 likes to curl up in my lap and her head is tucked under my chin. We were rocking & talking about her day and I could feel her warm breathe on my face...........her breathe that spent the day in school with all the other children that have who knows what virus/flu/colds. All my effort to keep germs off my hands yesterday......but I put no effort to stop the germs delivered to me from DGD7. Ohs well.

I'm taking DS10 to town for band class. While there I'll do a little shopping, go to the Y and go out to eat together. Hundreds of opportunity to pick up cold/flu/virus germs. I'm wearing gloves just so I can feel like I tried. Disposable gloves that only cost 3 cents each. I'm throwing them away and washing my hands often.....and then put a fresh pair of gloves on. I have a plan. It may not be a good plan but it is the only one that I can think of for now.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:36 pm

The sun came out again and I went and got dressed. The temperature hasn't fallen so I took that chance, despite the wind, to open a window in every room. I just aired for about 8 minutes since dh is on a conference call and it is blowing hardest through the office. He's not yet dressed for the day so I felt cruel letting more fresh air in there.

The bedroom is on the lee-side so I left that window open and will leave it so until I noted the temp has dropped below 20.

The wind has blown more clouds in and we're under a snow squall warning still so I'm not sure if I'll walk or not. I need a green pepper but dh could pick that up this afternoon when he's out with the car. That's the only errand I can think of.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:42 pm

Sharing a conversation between me and DBro yesterday....

Me: You sound like you are congested. Are you getting sick?
DBro: Yes. For the 3rd time this year!
Me: Do you still wear gloves when you are out and about?
DBro: No I stopped wearing gloves because now I carry bottles of hand disinfectant with me at all times. I have a bottle on my pickup dash and another bottle in my coat. I wash & disinfect my hands several times a day.
Me: When you wore gloves you didn't get sick. Since you stopped wearing gloves you are getting sick.
DBro: But I'm disinfecting my hands all the time!
Me: How's that working out for you?
DBro: >>>>>silence<<<<
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:23 pm

LadyM: LOL!

Talked with dd. I texted her that talking would be faster than texting and then wrote down the points I wanted to hit so when she called, I was prepared.

Turns out her dmil won't get a flu shot so has been disinvited from coming to see the baby. Baby has no immune system and dmil would be on a germ-tube (airplane) to get here so dd and dsil put their foot down saying you won't protect yourself from getting sick but that means you can carry flu to the baby so please don't come.

We babysat yesterday so they could handle the car leasing appointment (they are assuming a lease from someone leaving the country next week.) Apparently, the appointment was just for credit-worthiness and it will take several weeks before the car is in their name. The woman will be in China at that point so she is going to have to store HER car in their driveway but they won't be able to drive it because they are not on her insurance.

The family meeting on the weekend was to work out the logistics for dgsM2 sleeping over on the 24th (ds's house receiving day and I have to leave at 8 the following morning for a meeting.) We agreed they'd bring him over and then dd would come in the morning with the baby since they'll have a car by then. Except they won't now. So those plans have blown up and it looks like they'll have to rent a car. Plus I now have to drive for sure on Tuesday because dd can't manage on her own with the baby (she can't lift her in the car seat yet, nor walk from the distance from the bus to the medical building.)

So this leased car mess-up is going to be awkward and expensive.

Lilac asked yesterday how dgsM2 is adjusting to the baby. He seems to really like her and behaved beautifully with me while I was holding her. He carried my baby doll all around yesterday (something he hasn't done in the past and she is about the size of his sister.) On the other hand, dd says that he is being a challenge, not towards his sister but towards his parents. So there is definitely an adjustment period.

Return to “Post When You Can”