Thankful Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Thankful Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:19 am

It was either 'thankful' or 'thermal' (as in thermal underwear!) to start the day.

It's a cold one here. I'm thankful for my walk yesterday and the bright sunshine pouring into my apartment. Oh, and for the fact that heat is included in my rent!

What are you thankful for today?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Thankful Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:22 am

I'm off to a slow but steady start today.

It is just after 10 and I'm s2s and hair styled. I've eaten. I've emptied the laundry room (today is vent cleaning day) and tidied the bedroom and kitchen. I cleaned my bathroom.

I've made up my goals for the day and that includes paperwork. Unfortunately, there is hammering above my head an my brain is not taking it well so I have a headache. I should either move elsewhere in the apartment and do something else, or figure out a solution here at my desk.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:36 am

Dh is flying on Sunday to Seattle. To use up airline points that would expire otherwise, he's flying AA which means Ottawa-Philadelphia-WashingtonDC-Seattle. Sigh.... Now there's a winter storm coming in. He's on the last flights of the day to Philadelphia and arrives at 10 p.m. in Seattle and is the Keynote speaker the next day. You can tell I was sick. I would never make travel arrangements like that. But I wasn't able to work so it is what it is. AA says we may be able to rebook but it looks like I have to call in since there's no rebook option on the webpage (even though there's a heading of the page that says we can rebook.)

I'll give it another day. I'm not opposed to him leaving on Saturday ahead of the storm. He's not as thrilled with that option.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:26 pm

We have rain here this morning as is the warmest we have had this week. 35* - 42* todays temp. Range.
H went to work concerned about the weather.
I have done my day planning and jourrnaling.
Need to get on the stat bike.
I have had breakfast.
Next up get on stat bike & get out of pj s.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:49 pm

lol re: thermal underwear!!! you are looking lovely d kathryn - yay on your work

I am thankful today! a wonderful way to start Thursday!

hello d nancy! have a wonderful ride on your stationary bike! imagine the spring coming!!!

have a good day today both of you and everyone!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:53 pm

I am doing morning routines first that i have not been consistent on.
with animals, i should be vacuuming daily but I have not been doing that. same with the swish and swipe... Not consistent. so I decided to do the jobs i put off first (that I think is too long but really isn't. 8-) ;) :D )

Today is a week since loosing d dog. I am still sad but now feeling gratefulness that I had her.
How lucky to have the people and animals in our lives.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:06 pm

I've only finished one month so far, but that included some time figuring out why there was a $70 fuel charge on my card. My car has never taken more than $50 of gas. Thankfully, my bullet journal gave me a clue, I had been house hunting with ds. I asked him and he checked his car book and sure enough, had entered that much gas on that day. On one hand we both keep good records, on the other we are careless about who owes what to whom. He also owes me for dgsM2's birthday present. As far as that goes, dd owes me for stuff last June.

My head hurts so I will take a slightly longer break this time and go down to the car to put away some shopping bags. A useless trip in one regard since I could just take them down next time I use the car, but it will be a good break.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:08 pm

Quick look in from SLC! Haven't had time to CUOP, will be home on Sunday assuming air travel doesn't get difficult!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:20 pm

I am feeling like the little brat inside is taking over a bit 8-) :lol:! I feel like little miss cranky pants.

I didn't really want to eat what I had for lunch but needed to finish up my mexican veggie and wanted a low point meal. It filled me but I was cranky because I had a huge I don't wanna moment. HANGRY :D 8-) . It wasn't great but I ate it with chicken kabobs from costco. I am full.

I also am cranky pants bc I have to go to dentist to finish my cap (I don't wanna) - oh my gosh - what a little stinker I am about this !!!

dh didn't want me to finish the dining room - but I finished the vacuum and rinse any way. dusted. swiped windows for dog nose prints. I had already started it when he decided he wanted to eat in the dining room. it didn't take long - I did it while he set up his lunch.

front hall.. put away still needs to be done. vacuumed rug in front. vacuumed wood floor, dusted it and used my norwex. vacuumed wood stairs.
folded cloths and need to put away
have another load drying.

oh my - what a stinker I am being. :shock: 8-) :D

I don't want to go to the dentist. wow what a stinker I am being. I have to get the adult to take over 8-) ;)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:21 pm

twins good afternoon - hope you are enjoying your trip.

Return to “Post When You Can”