First Friday of the Week

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

First Friday of the Week

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:50 am

Only Friday of the Week!

What are you going to do with the day?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: First Friday of the Week

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:54 am

I'm off to a reasonable start. I slept fairly well, leaving my book playing so I never heard dh sneak into bed at 1:30. I was up at 2:30 for the bathroom and then back to sleep until almost 6. Since it was lights out at 10 that's a decent run.

I've s2s, had tea and light, tidied the bedroom and kitchen and started a load of laundry. I'm eating breakfast at my keyboard now because I wanted to check out new ironing boards. Mine is at least 2 decades old and to be honest, I've never liked it. The feet are long gone and replaced with duct tape. On carpet it didn't matter, on hardwood floors it does. I've never thought about ironing board design but am doing so now and will probably spring for one with features like an iron rest and a linens shelf. Also a larger surface since I iron very large linen tablecloths and more surface would make it an easier task.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:20 am

Lilac, what an experience your family has had with scammers/SS thieves recently! I don't believe I've ever heard of a call to let someone know their SS number was even used in trying to get a job - usually for much less strenuous activities.

I like a tabletop ironing board - the kind with foldable 2.5-inch legs. I do highly recommend those. It sets up in seconds or can be put away in seconds. But you have different needs, Kathryn. Hope you find one you like.

When I was a girl, my dmother had my grandmother's in the house (well- we had my grandmother living with us part time, too). It may have been handmade, but seemed well-engineered, so I'm not sure. All unfinished, thick wood. Sturdy and weighed lots. The board itself was wrapped many times in cotton batt and sheets, and then stapled or upholstery tacks at some points on the underside. It took up a lot of the space in the bedroom where I slept if my grandmother was with us. In "her" little guest room there would have been no space for the board and the grandmother at the same time.

Today I'll prepare Sunday's treasurer report to the congregation. I already have everything I need to hand out finished, but I want to anticipate questions. Dd20 wants me to go out with her to her work and make some shopping stops. I think I'll suggest about 3 this afternoon, in order to catch the best weather.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:37 am

think I'll suggest about 3 this afternoon, in order to catch the best weather.
AND the worst traffic, Harriet? :?

I'm taking it slow & easy this morning. was awake off & on all night. Sciatic nerve was really kicking up, I was fine if up & walking around but if I laid back down! Don't want to wake dh up by walking around but it would feel so good.

Dh is going to ride with dsonil over to Zephyrhills shortly to pick up a trailer. Dsonil/dd have to go back to Bradenton tomorrow to pick up a very large wood lathe from a friend tomorrow. They took their jeep last weekend and of course it wouldn't fit. Dh's fault -he told them it would fit. But, he was thinking of a smaller lathe her deceased dh had. This one is very large. This guy had the 'best' of everything and usually he had at least 2 of everything. No kidding! She wants to put her house there up for sale I think next year.

Dh wants to take me to the (new stuff) flea market later so I can pick up some sunglasses. Have no idea what happened to mine that were in the car after my heart attack. We'll find them after I buy a new pair.

Have listed several things I need to do that are simply on my 'procrastination' list. For instance -call for an appointment for a hair cut. That's really because the shop I went to closed & I really liked the gal who did my hair. Have finally found out where she is -about 6 miles further but still relatively close. I just have been too busy getting reports done to take time out for a hair cut. The last time I had it cut was October 11th (& a perm). So that was 2 weeks before my heart attack and I've simply put it off. And boy does it need help! I usually only go about 6 weeks between cuts and it's been 14!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:42 am

My mother's ironing board was made by my paternal grandfather. It did fold but the joints loosened over the decades and it was wobbly.

I have 60" wide x 144" long tablecloths to iron so even the largest will not allow me to iron the full width at a time, but it will be better than what I have now. I've learned to set the ironing board up at the end of the table with the cloth coiled at my feet. I then pull up a section, iron it, pull it to the side and iron the missed bit and then pull the cloth onto the table. I keep going, 15" at a time until I'm done. Even though the 'large' ones are only 18" across, that extra 3", when I'm doing 144 inches, will save me time! I can't store an extra long board (there are a few that are 60") so there's no point buying that size.

I've reconciled the US bank account and credit card. So that's done. Now I've only the main credit card left, about 300 transactions to reconcile. I'll save that for later today. Time to get ready to leave for my meeting.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:50 am

BTW, Kathryn, I'm sure glad it's the "only" Friday of the week. Had enough trouble figuring out what day it was Christmas Week and New Year's Week! :lol: If they go putting more than one Friday in a week, I'm really in trouble!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:43 am

You're right about that, Dee; I don't mean leaving at 3. I mean planning the far-and-wide walking of her campus for around 3. That's the part that gives me pause. She's already second-guessing her plans, anyway, after some phone calls that make it look like she'll be there longer. I don't want to twiddle my thumbs waiting. She could become my go-fer and run my errand for me instead.

The Morning Daily Card is done well. Healthy breakfast. Next up, I need to put some mixed rices into the IP for a couple meal plans I have in mind.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:18 pm

waving at you dear ones!!!! I woke up late 8:37 am :shock: :D and it is already 10:18 am here. i need to work!
I am thinking of all of you!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:36 pm

My plan to do things on my list for home blessing hour this week has been working. Last evening I got the switch plates cleaned I had been putting that a off. Yea for progress. Had fun decorating my to do list with flowers. Laundry is going one rug needed a rinse before other laundry is put in. Got a leash mended. I've had breakfast. Had to hunt up my phone h borrowed it , it was on his desk, when my phone Rx alarm went off I had to look through the whole house before getting it! :roll: we have fog here. I need to s2s before leaving the house.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:48 pm

Hi! Yes last Friday of this week. :lol: Also the first Friday of this week. I'd go for a couple Fridays but only one Monday please.

Yesterday I finished that last project. Got complicated because of changing temporary help companies which have different rates. I hope the auditing people understand my form.

What a relief that was to get that done. I'm still waiting for one personal thing to come, then I'll take that to CPA, then wait for the big tax number. I needed some time out alone after all that was done so I went to the library. Needed to return 2 books that were due that day... and because of the way they have their books shelved I am having a hard time finding what I want. Even their labels on the end of the rows of bookcases are wrong in a couple cases.

I am considering an electronic reading device of some sort...though I really like real books. I'm just tired of never finding what I want to read available.

DH forgot to stay fasting this morning and couldn't go to the lab. He will have to go really early Monday before his other Dr. apt. which I wanted to go to also...and that means I have to get up while the moon still shines. Drat!

So today... I've cleaned out some bathroom vanity drawers. Catching up on the house. I guess I'll put Christmas stuff away first. Clean bathrooms. House isn't in bad shape, just need to do a few things. It's been so cold we've started using the fireplace and I stayed up with it really late last night. After getting up this morning I crawled back in under my down blanket for the warmth. I've been wearing sweatshirts in the house.. the only time of the year I wear them.

Return to “Post When You Can”