Sunday Smiles

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Sunday Smiles

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:33 pm

Dh has gone, should be checked in and through security soon (he hasn't updated me.)

I looked out the window and something didn't look right. Turns out the road is missing (no pavement showing and no cars in view) because it is under the snow. Apparently, driving isn't all that bad according to Google as long as you go slow and steady. Hopefully he had a good Uber driver.

I really need to step away from the computer and get to work. I have a lot of work to do to simply gather all the office supplies. I know I have things in 7 different places. Possibly more.

I was decorating a box this morning with black duct tape and ran out. Having just updated Quicken, I remembered there was a chit from the summer for black duct tape so I went looking for it and found it. Otherwise, I have no recollection of buying it! Thankfully, I put it someplace logical (the very back of my duct tape drawer - and yes, I have a duct tape drawer!)

Edited to add: Ken's been rerouted. Instead of Ottawa-Philadelphia-DC-Seattle, he's going Ottawa-Toronto-Seattle. Much better. Different airlines as well. No American, just Westjet and Air Canada. He has lounge access in Toronto because of the AC flight now. But more importantly, only one connection instead of 2. And he's scheduled to arrive 15 minutes earlier than his original flights. I told him he hit the lottery today.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:13 pm

I made sure I had a recent backup then I started deleting SHE cards. Over time, I had added some cards that didn't meet my purpose. I only want SHE cards to remind me to do things that I forget to do. I will need to adjust my daily SHE card completion goal because it will be lower. It will take a few days of doing them before I know what my new goal will be.

I have successfully met my minimum 250 step goal for 5 hours. Slow and steady.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:17 pm

I walked the dog half block to per in the rain then she turns around heads for home.
I made sandwich spread for lunch h helped, decides he can have the rest as lunch food this first part of the week.
Took the dog out again got to the end of the block this time.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:45 pm

We had planned to go to the flea market after church and then on to P ublix for some groceries. However, I was incredibly sleepy during church. When we came out it was windy I couldn't really catch my breath and quite cool. Knew I could never do the flea market without being able to breathe. So that eliminated that. Dh/dd were going on a nature trail walk/hike this afternoon so I suggested we go shopping after they came back. P is actually on their way back (which I didn't realize)., so they're stopping on their way home. Win/win for me -I don't have to go out.

Watched a Hallmark movie (I subscribed to H Movies Now down here since we don't have cable). I've watched several movies now and am enjoying it so will probably keep it while we're up home. Comes through on H ulu which I have at both places.

Now I'm feeling a bit refreshed so think I'll take care of dishes in the drainer and get dishes done. Need my time to count for something today.

Made an appointment Friday to get my hair done (FINALLY) this Thursday -perm/cut. It will be 15 weeks since my last cut and had a perm then. Badly need both now. Haven't even told dh yet that I have an appointment.

DD's heading to Lawry Zoo tomorrow to meet 4 female friends from up home. Hope they have better day than today. Not sure when they're all supposed to head back but certainly not in the next couple of days. One is our dcamp manager and the camp owner wants her to stay a few days longer to do some camp work. Her assistant is also here so she determined she could stay as can the other 2 with her -probably. They might be glad not to go back for a few days I'm sure.

There was no church up home either, Kathryn. It was cancelled, along with many others, yesterday. Know DS-A had been calling for a crew to stand by at the firehouse from yesterday afternoon till this morning. He'd ordered dinner for whoever showed up. Hopefully, he got a crew. Much better having some guys there instead of having to make it to the department before going on a call. Dh's tones never went off so I don't think they ended up having calls -at least not before we left this morning.

Just 'how' are you doing the method, Kathryn. Know you said you're gathering ALL your office supplies -boy do I need to do that -here and up north both!!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:20 pm

Chicago at the gate where there is an indeterminate delay.

Part of me hates going back to reality, and part can't wait to be home to dh and dog.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:53 pm

Glad to hear that LadyM is feeling better.

Hope Ken-not-in-Canada is feeling better as well. I think he will smile when he arrives in Seattle and can enjoy our mild winter weather.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:09 pm

Seattle....that's one of the cities on DD's bucket list. And she's getting to go during their Spring break (as a chaperone for a video team from a local high school). She's so excited. They'll be gone a week with a couple of days built in for sight seeing. She and her friend who is the teacher for this class, have a suite -mainly because it has more room for them to stash all their equipment. All her expenses, except food, are paid. Guess they're buying "City Pass" for everyone -$$ earned through their fund raisers. Her school was very receptive and said, "Go!!, by all means". This friend/teacher knows how experienced dd is with groups of kids traveling to competition like this.

Got the dishes done and the kitchen cleaned up -just in time for us to mess it up again. Dh/dd are stopping for groceries. He and dsonil usually buy P ublix 'hot 'n spicy' chicken wings on Thursday night and didn't this week. So they're bringing them home for the guys and dd and I will have grilled cheese and tomato soup. Yummy on a chilly night. Our temp topped out at 62 today and is continuing to head down from there. Down in the 40's by this evening. Know that's not 'cold' by northern status, but it sure is down here! Still thinking about all of you in the northern US and Canada -praying for you to be warm, safe and cozy.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:42 pm

Dh's good luck left him at the gate. Apparently his plane left too, just 5 minutes ago (he was to leave at 1:45). So it will arrive at least 2:35 minutes late. He had a 3:30 minute time between flights so he still gets almost an hour. In that hour he has to deplane, change terminals, go through US Customs and Immigration (and security) and get to his next plane. Without being denied boarding by AC who may make the determination that he can't possibly make that connection and will give away his seat.

So I'm sort-of holding my breath. Hopefully, the next flight is running late.

His current plane left 45 minutes late but had to return to the gate due to a medical emergency.

Once again, I need to remind anyone who will listen, NEVER book a flight that gets you to where you absolutely need to go the day before (or worse, for those who were to leave on cruises today, the day of travel.) Dh is the keynote speaker tomorrow. I'm still not sure he'll make it to the West Coast, let alone Seattle.

On the plus side, his stomach is fine.

On the down side, he'll be missing dinner tonight unless he can find something to eat on board the plane.

Edited to add: dh just texted. Google lies, they still have not left the ground.

I've been working on office supplies. Even breaking office and craft supplies apart, and paper away from that, it is still a daunting task. I've put on tv to keep me company while I work and help me focus.

From around the house (not including my Bullet Journal supplies) I gathered two 12-pack of soda sized boxes of pens and pencils. And that doesn't include the pens with the business name on them that we bought as handouts.

I starting to think I might not finish this today.

On the other hand, other to-dos are progressing with people getting me reports. So that's sort-of good.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:16 pm

So, my desk doesn't have a keyboard tray but I have a piece of wood I sit across the desk-drawer organizer in the drawer and it works OK. A bit wobbly but I prop up the weak end with a small dictionary.

Well, when I took everything out of the drawer, that meant I didn't have my keyboard tray so I was typing with my keyboard in my lap. Since every desk drawer organizer is was out and piled up in the office, waiting to see if it is still needed, I went through the pile and found one that I could make fit perfectly. Finally, no wobbling!

So that's a benefit to the "take out everything and pile it up in one place" part of the Konmari method.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:38 pm

:D

Sunday's lift to church was still away, via text read at the time to be otd for the bus, as I sat with my bfst.
I walked a the real h

I have a lift to yoga :) leaving now
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”