Sunday Smiles

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Sunday Smiles

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:51 am

What will make you smile today?

Will it be a funny tv show or movie?

Will it being seeing friends at church?

Will it be a smile of satisfaction when you finish a project?

Will it be a smile at a stranger in order to lift both your mood and the mood of those around you?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Sunday Smiles

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:03 am

I'm smiling with satisfaction because I spent over an hour on my bullet journal, filling in next week, part of the following week and starting the February monthly page (although I haven't yet filled in my goals for the month since there are 11 days left in January and hope springs eternal I'll finish my January goals!

Dsil is postponing the window installation for Friday which means we won't have dgsM2 overnight Thursday nor dd and the baby on Friday while the work is done. He wanted to know what my availability was in February so that's why I had to work much farther ahead than I usually work in my bullet journal.

I have a very long to-do list for today. Dh will be leaving in about 90 minutes. It is snowing hard here but it should let up late this morning. The morning flight to Philadelphia was cancelled but not due to the weather here. We assume that plane was held back due to conditions at a different airport. No word on a cancellation for his flight.

I feel sorry for those heading south on the early morning flight. They'll now lose the whole day of their vacation.

My Konmari goal for this week while dh is gone is to get the office supplies, craft/art supplies and credit card files done. The first two will finish off the cabinet and 2 drawers still undone in the kitchen. They are on not in the work area but a small hallway inside my kitchen, formed by the peninsula counter. They use the cupboard space beside my stove by accessing from the other side. This is the one good design feature of my kitchen. (An example of a bad design feature is my pantry cupboard has a cutout at the back of one of the shelves for the electrical outlet the cupboard was built in front of.)

I also have a lot of writing this week. Two annual reports, a mass email, and a sermon/service.

I have most of today, all tomorrow, half Tuesday and Wednesday until the evening, all to myself. I'm hoping that doesn't change. The storm will make sure today is mine, unless the treasurer calls on me to help her (I offered time today.)

I'm off now to get dressed and then have breakfast.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:07 am

My b's # made me smile after doing 20 min. On the gazelle last evening. H. Has been using it as well. I was up at five went to bed on time. Yea me. I have one warp teal in color ready to thread on the floor loom, and I am winding off white thread , string actually this week. Might even get the table loom warped up also. No snow here. My crochet prayer shawl is nearly square an warm to work on. All of these make me smile today. 34* - 44* today's temps.

Looking forward to Victoria on pbs tonight.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:13 am

Harriet: Entertainment options for exercise equipment

Non-visual: For these I recommend arranging the machine so you can see out a window.

1. rousing music. That's what I usually use and seldom listen to those songs, which I love, outside of the treadmill so they are a treat. Plus they keep me moving.

2. Podcasts. Find something entertaining. I imagine your dh would like 99% Invisible since it is about design and how things work.

Visual:

3. Laptop or tablet, playing youtube videos. Set that up on a shelf across from the machine. Or build a shelf for the machine (not sure that would work for your machine but it does on our recumbent exercise bike and treadmill.)

4. Chromecast. Buy the device (~$30) and plug it into an old monitor placed on the wall across from the machine. You can cast from a computer or phone. I'm willing to bet you have an old monitor around or someone in your extended family has one. Dh kept upgrading in screen size so we have a 14" and 15" hanging around here. You can cast Netflix, some other streaming services, and anything from Google (i.e. Youtube.) You can sign up for the free trials of services to see if you like the content. We have both Crave (a Canadian service but it gives us old HBO, new if we pay more) and Netflix.

Dh watches on his tablet and chooses an hour long series (which works out to 45 - 60 minutes) and watches an episode a day while on the bike. That's what gets him on the bike each day and he's grumpy if he can't get to it since he's missing 'his show.'

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:14 am

I’m at Salt Lake City airport but not boarding for almost an hour. Got here early in case of any issues but has gone beautifully. I need to find a water fountain to fill my water bottle. I am going through Chicago and it appears the weather is clearing there. I’ve dodged bullets on both ends of this trip.

Looking toward this week and on, Tuesday is colonoscopy prep and Wednesday is colonoscopy. Thursday we go to FL for a long weekend with friends. Realistically, this week is shot already. I’ll do laundry and try to get things back to “normal” tomorrow.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:16 am

I am smiling because I woke up not feeling sick. FINALLY.

I am not going to church today because it is so cold (21°F/-6°C). Our church is held in a barn type building so the temperature is a concern. I would be breathing the cold outdoor air for hours. I think I will pass on doing that while I'm just getting over this crud.

Today I'm going to focus on restarting the SHE cards and making sure I am moving each hour (at least 250 steps), I will not be a flurry of activity but slow and steady.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:21 am

Not dressed yet.

The rewritten Hymn, Praise God From Whom All Blizzards Flow, just crossed my Facebook feed.

https://www.facebook.com/UnvirtuousAbbe ... =3&theater

There's another smile for me!

Oh, and I'm not missing church in the village, they've cancelled it.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:34 am

Hi!

Lots of snow drifts here. One right across our front door, which gets used 3 or 4 times a year. One right across the back door and it starts at one corner of the house and goes all the way across. Dh is outside on the snow blower. There are parts of our driveway and patio that are completely bare. We have lots of pictures and dh will be posting some on FB later and I will share on my FB.

I have 1 load of laundry to get done and supper, which I think will be a cabbage roll casserole. I have a cabbage that needs to be used soon. Right now I am frying up some onions and sliced potatoes from a can. We prefer these with breakfast. I don't know how much longer dh will be outside.

Sitting here drinking a hot tea and enjoying looking out at the snow.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:39 am

I am smiling at all of you. what a lovely way to start d Kathryn!!!!

hello all! I will be back soon - I just wanted to say hello to you all first.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:53 am

Inspired by Kathryn, I set up our February calendar and did a little planning for this week. I'll take DMom to her doc appoint this week and DH has one too. Public school is out tomorrow (holiday) so DGD7 will be here all day. That means adjusting homeschool a bit. Otherwise, it is a typical schedule for this week. I'll do menu planning later when DH, DS10 and DGD7 can give their input.

I've hit the 250 step goal for the first 3 hours of the day. It is a ridiculously low amount of steps as a goal so I don't shy away from trying to do them. It keeps me aware of how long that I am sedentary.

The floors are looking better. I spent some time teamed up and working with the roomba and mop.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”