Magical Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Magical Monday

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:44 pm

Thank, LadyM. Figured they would freeze well for cooking. I do that with onions and peppers but wasn't sure about the celery. But it seems we're always throwing it away. Not good.

The soup smells heavenly -at least to dh and me. Think we'll try some in a little bit. I put hot 'n spicy v-8 in it and I'm hoping it won't be too hot for dd. She's always had a hard time with anything spicy at least since she had her hip replaced 10 years ago. How did that happen so fast says I? She had it done quite young. They kept putting it off because she was 'of child bearing age'. She finally convinced drs to do it since she obviously was not ever going to bear children. And if it finally happened -oh well. But then within 2 or 3 years she had to have a hysterectomy anyway.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:54 pm

I am just finishing some lunch. Hard to figure out what to eat when we are low on supplies and food (from being away), having a colonoscopy, and then going away again. I purged the refrigerator while looking for lunch.

I still haven't finished the earlier list.

-brush teeth/wash up
-make the bed
-fold the lol in dryer (sheets from last week)
-water plants
-finalize grocery list
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:21 pm

I missed you all - I am still behind but that's okay. i have one anti procrastination thing that has been here since last week - I am going to take care of that first before I attack my morning routine, laundry etc.

waving to you!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:28 pm

Twins', thanks again since you helped me sound so coherent in my email of advice re: my late aunts' preservation bequest. I recommended sticking with the preparer because she is well up-to-speed with that somewhat unusual return. We'll see what others decide, but I know I gave one reasonable piece of advice in a timely manner.

I have some mending to do that will show on the garment, right at the bodice area. I was worrying about thread color when I noticed that a thread is hanging inside, with even more thread available because there was extra serging that's not necessary for the construction. With this I can mend almost invisibly. TaDa. This gives me another WARM winter shirt for zero $. Yay, cozy me.

Dryer is buzzing.

Hi to blessed - you're not late, you're just uniquely scheduled.

Feel better, Nancy.

catnipper, how cool to see you posting with us. Glad you are hanging out here.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:41 pm

Harriet reminded me to take the sheets out of the dryer.

I have managed to return pens to where they belong along with a few other office supply things. Dh, when I asked if it would be OK to move something said, "To the business card drawer?" which reminded me I had not put the business cards back in. There is no room for them! I still haven't made a decision about how I will address this.

His desk has cubbies which are full of 'things'. He likes to fidget while on conference calls so there is a selection of fidget toys (but no fidget spinner) and a pile of twisted paper clips and twist ties and other small stuff that looks like garbage. He also shreds paper with his thumb nail so there's a lot of paper dust. That, I am NOT touching. That is his space, his rodeo so to speak and touching other people's items is well frowned upon in Konmari. As is making your partner sort through their clothes before you've done yours.

I've pulled out 1/2 of the paper and looked at that. The sparks joy criteria is helping. The 'need' is not helping because I moved all this stuff to me because I might need it some day. That hasn't happened yet. I put all my blank journals (not bullet journals so won't be used for that) in a drawer because they do spark joy in me. My rule is I may not exceed that drawer for storage. Still have room for one or two more, although I haven't bought any in years, 4 have come to me as gifts. There's a note in one, "To KinC from KinC, June 1978." So I've been in love with journals a long time (that one had been started and I cut out the used pages.) I think the joy comes from the potential they hold! I might some day be a person who fills journals with insightful notes!

Now I'm moving onto fancy printing paper. I started to dump it out onto the table from the filing cabinet where it is stored but there was too much as long as notepads and journals were out. Now I've put those away, it is time to move on. I have a lot but then again, I use it regularly for signs for the residents' association. As fast as I used it up, people give me more (people cleaning out their apartments drop off paper to me.)

I store it in file folders so I can look through quickly and see what I have. But it is time for me to go through it all again to reacquaint myself with all that I have. It is starting to get dark so I need to work fast now, the light is poor in the office.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:45 pm

Glad to help, Harriet! Too often the answer is "It depends" but I can give you some things to consider.

I got to grocery, then visited dmom and got home to realize I had forgotten about phone call w dfriend at 3 p.m. our time and had forgotten to take phone with me. :roll: So I unloaded groceries on the counter, put away what needed to go in refrigerator and got on the phone with her. Useful discussion.

To add to my feeling of being discombobulated, I realized while at grocery that I had not fully read instructions for prep for tomorrow, and thus will need to purchase more "clear liquids" if that's all I'm taking in tomorrow.

And realized that I had wanted to get a pedicure before going to FL too. Maybe I will feel well enough late Wed afternoon? Or go in the morning before I take the first dose at noon?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:48 pm

Had some yummy chicken wings thinking I can do something similar using chicken
legs and thighs in the oven here.

I had the broth from Raman cooked noodles separately the dog is loving them, and I had the broth.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:53 pm

Kathryn reminds me I have damp clothes to hang to dry in the washer. Need to see what laundry I can start now. My room to "dry flat" is limited so that needs to be spaced out and won't be done this week. Luckily, the clothes I need for FL are different from what I took to SLC.

I called and clarified prep instructions also.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:21 pm

Twins: you may feel well enough later on Wednesday, or you may just want to take the day off. Dh is up and running asap. I, on the other hand, lie about the rest of the day.

Progressing at a snail's pace. This is taking longer than the kitchen (although dh was helping me with the kitchen for the first day.) As I empty drawers, I keep running into non-office stuff that needs to be dealt with. For instance, I used to have a tech grab bag with electrical splitter, USB extension cord (if my phone needed to be plugged in overnight and the hotel electrical was nowhere near the bed), audio adapters for airplanes and assorted headphones for making Skype calls. Many of the pieces no longer work with my current computer (which has an combined listen/speak jack instead of two jacks.

So I find myself sorting tech, which will be its own category once dh comes home. Just like I have 36 pencils to get rid of (and almost the same number of notepads from hotels and conferences), he hoards USB cables and other stuff. Some is good to have (I need an external mouse once in a blue moon) but most of it is duplicates and should be purged. If I take the stuff out now from my drawers, I'll forget to leave room for the subset to return so I need to be careful not to repeat the business card mistake.

I ate lunch late so I'm not yet hungry for dinner. I have it out defrosting - it is a meatball sub using leftover meatballs from the Boxing Day party (they've been in the freezer.) I'm doing well only eating from the freezer this month. The task will have to extend into February as well, though, since there's still a lot of food to eat up. The freezer still seems awfully full.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:46 pm

Dh just returned from his consultation with the surgeon. He does not have a hernia. He has a birth abnormality. The dr. explained it as when you have a 6 pack in your stomach area the 2 sides of muscles meet in the middle. Dh's doesn't do that, so his insides are in that area. When he strains that area, it causes tempory pain. No surgery needed and dh is thrilled. As I am. Leave it to my dh to have something like this. He always gets the weirdest, health related situations, that are rare.

I went to dgs13s 3:30 ballgame and they won. I am on standby this evening. Dgs14 has practice at 5:30 and will need picked up at some point. Dgs13 will need picked up after all the games are over. Dgd7 has her first basketball practice at 6:30 on the west side of town. Dgd9 has her first practice at 7:40. We think that is an outrageous time to have practice for 3rd graders. Luckily her practice is at the intermediate center that is just blocks from their house. Dsil will be late because the bug guy changed their appt from earlier today until 6 pm. I told dd2 to call me if needed for pickups. I reminded dd2 that this scenario is exactly why they needed to move back to town. Either she would be making several trips to and from town or worse yet, all 4 kids would be drug from place to place, instead of being able to be at home when they weren't at practice.

I had fixed a big meal on Saturday and saved the leftovers for tonight, because of todays game. Really glad I did that now.

Return to “Post When You Can”