Magical Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Magical Monday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:15 pm

I can't believe I'm still working on papers. As in paper to print on.

But the bottom drawer of the main filing cabinet is almost finished and I've moved folders, duotangs, and dividers from my desk filing drawer. Which leaves it 1/2 empty so, I may be able to move the files from my file frame of projects I'm currently working on to my filing drawer. I have to be careful of out-of-sight, out-of-mind, but it might help when I get to the paperwork organizing. That will be an even bigger project than office supplies. Much bigger!

I talked with dd. I'll be out of here by 2 p.m. tomorrow.

I still have the residents' association annual report to do. I'm starting in on that now so see if I can get it off tonight. I just printed the signs.

lucylee

Re: Magical Monday

Postby lucylee » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:24 pm

Maybe it IS a Magical Monday! I was having my doubts about that at 3:00 pm when I was still sitting around in fuzzy socks, yesterday's jeans, and the t-shirt I slept in... BUT...
Since then I have * TA-DA *
* ordered two pairs of shoes
* s2s and washed my hair
* walked to the road and brought the garbage can back to the house
* cooked supper, s/s the kitchen
* s/s all three baths, cleaned dh's shower
* straightened up the bed in baby room (had not re-made the bed since dgs slept there Saturday night)
* washed 4 loads of clothes -- one still in dryer, waiting to be hung up, and one in washer now
* talked to dmom -- all is going well with her, she saw her neurologist today
* typed meeting notes from teacher group AND church meeting yesterday, emailed to appropriate people
* read the paper

SO.... I am not feeling so useless tonight. It was a battle to keep myself moving, especially after supper, but I just kept telling myself, I'll just do this ONE thing... and then I would find myself doing more.

Soooo glad Mr. Lilac got a good (albeit unusual) report from the doctor! No surgery is always good news! (((HUGS))) re: crazy practice schedules for kids. I just saw where our high school boys started baseball practice today. With the temps in the high 30s. Brrrr... Soooo glad I don't have one doing THAT right now. I have BTDT, that's for sure! Watching baseball in the snow. Nothing like it. :lol:

Kathryn, I have in my mind that I would like to do that Marie Kondo stuff... but then I think, who am I kidding? I can't even keep up with the 365 Declutter.
:roll:

Twins -- sweaters and things that probably should be laid flat to dry, I just fold in half and hang over the top part of a plastic hanger (not a wire hanger!) It's hard to describe, but the arms are going down one side of the hanger part, and the body of the sweater is going down the other side.
Oh -- after I had a colonoscopy, I honestly felt pretty good, but I came home and slept all afternoon just because I thought I had earned it. You might feel fine to do the pedicure then, but if you have time before starting the prep stuff, I'd do it before. Ha! You'll be spending a lot of time with nothing to do but look at your toes that night anyway. At least they'll be pretty! ;) :lol:

Nancy, I wish I could do some more interesting things with supper here... your chicken wings sounded good to me. We had Philly cheese sandwiches for supper... but my low-sodium version is NOT very exciting, I must say. DH claims he likes them though.

Waving to ALL!!!

Thinking of all those -- and families -- in the snow zone! Oh my... I just saw some of that in the news. I should NOT complain about temps in the 30s. Hope everyone stays warm!

*** Editing to add one more to-da!
I walked away the pounds for 21 minutes!
Woo hoo!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”