Tuesday Full of Surprises

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Tuesday Full of Surprises

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:03 pm

s2s x

I have been to the groc. Store.
Unloaded and put away grocery.
I have roses in the wagon to take to the back yard.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:09 pm

Oh, RR, I hope the surgery on the arm goes well for you tomorrow!

I went back to temple to pick up dd, then we went to post office to mail her keys to ATL. They think her car may be totaled. I'm sure that's in part because it's 11 or 12 years old already. Oy, now she's worried sick about that. She dropped me off at home and took my car so she can get to work tomorrow, and will ask about a rental car for herself. I really think she just wanted to hang out with me today.

The ceiling fan in our great room is suddenly making a noise when it rotates. We try to keep it on to bring the warm air down to our level.

I'm making chili for supper tonight. Easy and warm. Weird because I hadn't expected to be eating anything. :shock:

I need to get myself busy. I didn't even finish a.m. routine this morning. I am going to look today's newspaper and probably start work at the BOTH, working for min.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:46 pm

Back from the groc. Store. Unloaded and put away grocery items.
I cleaned up the dogs messes and planted my 3 rose bushes! Counts for exercise too.
Coffee time!
I made a meal and menu plan.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:22 pm

15 min done. That took care of the kitchen and I made the bed and straightened up. I'll go again at 4:30.

I had to text dh and ask him to stop at grocery for chili powder. :roll: Yes, I was at the store earlier.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:11 pm

Tuesday
load of washing done and away.
My surprise of the day
looked up an electric mower and found the store near here (if I don't mind a walk) has some in stock, so I can visit it before I decide. I do like to expect customer service by people who know the product, and who I can go back to with questions, and who aren't hard to get to. I'm hoping they will deliver it without a bother.
There is another 40min walk away store that promises it will order it in for me. That would be sight unseen, though they do show you its picture.
I know - the great internet shoppers do this all the time.
walked to post letter to dsis, and peer in mower store window.
more singapore daisy
bin day.
Stayed up late.

Wednesday.
tmeds, fish fed, simplicity daily statement read.
went back to bed for a few minutes.
dressed, bed made, I'm fed.

I haven't done the readings yet, but I'm thinking of walking to the mower store first before the temps get to 35c/95f again, which seemed too hot to walk in yesterday. I just looked at the forecast for today, and yesterday's official Max report was 5C less than what it was here late in day, so it was probably higher later.
Today is expected to be 2 degrees C higher.

btw - Birdsville finished its 10 day run of 45C and above yesterday. Some places have gotten to 48/ 49 at times. I think that is brain frying temperatures.
In the last few weeks a number of people were killed hiking or out and about in the inland and north.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:20 pm

an electric-start push mower, Lynlee? Or one than pulls along if you hold the handle a certain way? (that word is self-propelled but it wouldn't come to my brain for a while.)

Wow. 49 is like, 120 f. How scary that people have been killed.

Errands were difficult. But I hurried and got extra errands ready before leaving, so some efficiency.

So windy-cccccold and had to park so far away from places, too.

Returned home from errands to a request to return a phone call. This was very bad news. A family in our church is leaving. It will leave a big hole, with all 3 in that family being very important to us.

I still haven't digested all it means yet, but feel extremely sad.

I'd like to go to lunch with some from church tomorrow and maybe give and receive some encouragement, be a person to talk to. But HRH has a morning appt so I'm not even sure that's in the realm of possibility.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:43 pm

Harriet - yes it is electric / battery, button start, I'm not sure if it is self propelled or not. Possibly given the bar across at the handle. Maybe the battery lasts longer if you don't use that drive lever? Anyway. I need to go and talk about it.

Prayers for your church family.

And everyone else in the village.
Just begin.
Living this day, today

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:05 pm

I walked. to the mower store. got to try mower out on the carpet. tried putting the various bits on and off.
The battery is heavy so I'll need to work on my strength. The lowest handle height was about right for me.
It is a push mower, in that the bar at the handle is the throttle, let it go and it stops.
Forward movement will be up to me.
They did have a self propelled edition for 4 or500 dollars more, bigger and heavier. I passed on that.
To be delivered later today. All part of the service, for people who can't lift or fit a mower in their car, ;) or without a car.
A dollar change from 700. ego 20"

Battery lasts 45min, which will be longer than my staying power if I don't want to knock myself out.
here he is
Last edited by Lynlee on Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Just begin.
Living this day, today

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:37 pm

Found river califlour and sweet potato in the freezer section I will be thinking on how I can use it in a couple of meals. Quiche, and ... ? Not sure what else maybe with squash fried. Or could go in soups.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:49 pm

I need to clear a space for the mower, to be out of sight.
I sense an area of carport to be tackled soon
and the driveway and back SE corner with rogue grasses on my list to mow today. That is possibly 30 minutes worth.

I'm thinking of what I can do with remnants from guineapig palace supplies and carport pen, that remains I can make an out of sight and weather protected spot.
Pushing it into the laundry is not seeming as easy to get to, with tight corners, even if its possible to minimise its footprint in the end by standing it on its back wheels end..
Just begin.
Living this day, today

Return to “Post When You Can”