Wow! It's Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Wow! It's Wednesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:22 am

What Wow! thoughts do you have for today?

Are they good or bad?

If good, is it something you can share to inspire us?

If bad, do you want help thinking through the situation? Or do you just want a cheering section to remind you, "You've got this!"?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Wow! It's Wednesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:32 am

Wow! The weather outside is frightful. School buses are finally cancelled in the city (up where MF lives, this is the third day in a row they've cancelled the buses.) Roads are treacherous, the plows didn't keep up.

The radio hosts are reading the script from Environment Canada which says "light snow" but it isn't light. I can't see more than few blocks away. I can see there are very few cars on the road compared to a normal rush hour.

In theory, I have nowhere to go today except across the street this evening. Which is good because after the snow stops, the freezing rain starts!

Wow! Ds is in a pickle. He uses online banking so transferred the money into is account for the down payment of the house. The down payment must be handed over today in the form of a certified cheque or bank draft. Online banks take 8 business days to issue and mail you the draft.

He phoned to see if he could write me a cheque and have me do the bank draft for him (I have both brick and mortar bank accounts as well as online) but I don't have the 20% down just lying around and the bank will put a hold on his cheque. Between the company accounts and my B&M bank, I can raise just under 3/4 of it. I'm not sure how much I have available from my trading account so have put in a request for a phone call from my investment guy. I won't sell anything but if there's cash on hand, we could manage it.

Ironically, I do have enough if I add in my online banking accounts but they are as useless to me as they are to ds.

He's scrambling now but since I can't easily help, he's taken this back onto himself to solve. The online bank said something about an emergency transfer so we'll see if he can arrange that.

Wow! I'm not yet dressed but I woke up early and got out of bed just after 6 so have done tea and chocolate and light, the ironing (from the past 3 months, mostly handkerchiefs but also napkins from Christmas dinner), tried to improve my ironing board (if I can't buy something perfect, I'll just work with what I have) and dealt with ds's phone call.

I'm also bringing my computer back up since I shut down last night and that means I have to sign back into everything.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:31 am

good morning d kathryn and d cathy and all that come in!!!!

stay safe in that weather d kathryn and d cathy!
praying that all works out for your ds.
I love your start!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:45 am

Wow! I can't believe I'm leaving again tomorrow! Just checking weather in FL - looks like lows in 40s and and highs in 60s this weekend. We'll be home on Sunday night, late. Hoping I can get in a good week next week.

I am at the end of my planner, starting a new one on Monday. I'll use a blank page at the back for tomorrow last minute stuff. The planner is .pre printed with no dates, so skipping a day doesn't use up pages. The planner runs for 13 weeks - I started this one on Sept 17.

Wow, I'm oh so glad I got recycling out early; the truck just came by.

I'm thinking today will be a quiet day. We're supposed to rain most of the day. Dh says he'll want to work later since he'll be away for the next two days. We have chili for supper and tomorrow a.m. I'll freeze what's left before we go. My trigeminal neuralgia in twinging away in my face so I took extra meds and may feel yucky. Maybe relaxing some in sunny FL will be good for me?

Laundry is going. Ddog is on the back patio under cover watching the rain come down. She is so peaceful. I know she likes being outside.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:07 am

to remind you, "You've got this!"?

That would be nice, yes. (smile) Today I hope I can give (need to give) the encouragement that will help some discouraged friends. And before that, I need to walk the fine line between helping HRH get the most out of his appt, and telling this doctor that his level of communication has been woefully inadequate and must change. I will have to remind him by quoting him, and then contrasting his own quote with the reality. But becoming irritable won't help and there's not much time, so I must be civil and brief.

I hope you hear that ds is able to manage this puzzle, Kathryn.

I hope the sun is good for you, Twins'.

Hi, blessed!

Ramblin' has a procedure today. All best wishes. Thanks, LadyM for jostling my memory on that!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:10 am

Wow! dd posted pictures of the snow at her place. Her screen door opens but hits the drifted snow bank. The snow is higher than the 2 steps up to her door. That reminds me of Bittersweet's story of opening the door and the puppy, excited at see snow, bounding outside only to disappear into the snowdrift because he forgot the stoop wasn't very big and stepped off it but the snow didn't hold him up.

Ds has solved his problem by himself. I'm glad I didn't have the money to help, it means he knows he can do things on his own without always having to rely on parents. I know he can but sometimes I think he doesn't know he can. I'm happy to back him up just like he backs me up from time to time, but I'm happy he had to force himself to solve this because it will remind him that he has problem solving skills he can draw on.

He says the house inspection yesterday went very well. The place is spotless. They even drained and cleaned the hot tub.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:21 am

I am up and the rain has stopped glad my roses got watered. I can see snow in the mountains in the distance, North of us schools are on delay or closed. H is not traveling for work.

I need to pay add to the home blessing tasks and my morning stuff.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:58 pm

Wow! I'm easily distractable!

First, I ended up ordering the next version of our accounting package. Mine is 5 years old and no longer supported. That didn't bother me any but my accountant had to convert the database when she did our books last year in order to pull it into her version. So, for her, I upgraded. Beat the guy down by $80 on the price. Hopefully this will stop the harassing emails. They keep emailing with 'wonderful' offers since mine has expired.

Second, just as I was off to do some work, ds called inviting me out for lunch with his gf. So I went.

I'm home again. Now to get to work. It is 5 hours until I have to leave for the meeting tonight.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:01 pm

we have had snow on top of ice from yesterday. dh has started ordering a plow to come instead of doing the job himself. it is too much for him.
i could do it but he ordered it and they came. I have no idea how much it will cost but he will pay for it. i save up, now, every month for the spring to summer out door work. spring and fall clean up is expensive so i put away the same monthly fee they charge all mowing season.

it is beautiful outside.

so far: I have not touched most of the morning routine. I did one hour of de cluttering - tossing not donating today.
I am starting to loose focus. I get a cluttered mind when I am de-cluttering lol

Hi d nancy! happy home blessing

hi d kathryn, wow that is snow. I love that story by b is sweet
so glad your ds figured it out.
and so happy the inspection went well

hello d Harriet
sending peace to your discouraged friends.
also best wishes with dr.!!! firm but kind (understand that) Praying that the dr. listens!!

hello d twins where are you going in florida? hope the weather is gorgeous - full of warming sunshine
yay on starting on your new planner. so fun.
love the thought of your sweet dog just enjoying the rain. peaceful!

hello d rose. wishing her so much good!!!

d lady thinking of you with love and good wishes!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:07 pm

Kathryn, yay for DSon figuring that out!

That's my gripe about online bank accounts. I know I could get more interest...but I need to be more immediately liquid for when I need to put $ into the business account. I did that many times through the big house build last year. Someday that might change...

Going through some closets and shelves and decluttering today. Worked on that all morning...plus got a LOL done and hung up. Told DH I was decluttering and shredding some paper and he asked why I was doing it. I told him "because I'm getting ready to quit". He asked what am I going to do with all the time then. Said I'd like to have that problem to figure out. I'm sure he's stressed out now.

It is beautiful here today. Twins, you should be here now. It is now 84 in the sun but the wind is cooler. We have a couple windows and a door open to warm up the house.

I have more places to declutter, so that's my focus today.

Return to “Post When You Can”