Wow! It's Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Wow! It's Wednesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:27 pm

Dh texted. He's in Vancouver. So at the very least, he's back in the country! His flight, if it is on time, gets in tomorrow at 0:45.

Heavy snow continues here. I can't see how backed up the traffic is because I can't see all the way down the parkway as usual. As far as I can see, it is backed up.

I'm going to take a nap after I have a cup of tea.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:29 pm

Had lunch thinking about getting out of PJ's
This seems to be a PJ type of day everywhere!

When I went to walk the ddog dfriend M had texted me so she said she'd go around the block with us - it was raining so much only did the 1/2 block then came here for tea, coffee and a fire (gas) and to catch up. She had a set back in her writing and is low so we had a lot to talk about!

I'm going to do another 45 minute of work beginning at 15 before the house...anyone want to come?

Will post again when I start. That gives me a little more time to veg out. :?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:02 pm

I'm waiting for DS10 to get out of Band class.

DMom called that her main house heater isn't working right. It is about 50 years old so we aren't going to attempt to do repairs. I went online and found heater and accessories and got them ordered. That's my contribution to this project. I'm putting the installation of heater into DBro hands. He can do it himself or hire it done.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:30 pm

Hello everyone.

This seems to be a PJ type of day everywhere!
Yes, it must be a PJ Day. I woke up with the alarm at 7:45 a.m. then went back to sleep until 11 a.m. Wow! I also got my breakfast before wash up & dressing. I've kept busy since then and just finished a bite of lunch...cottage cheese, applesauce and a cup of coffee.

Kathryn and Cathy, I've been keeping an eye occasionally on the weather channel today. It seems that you are getting the results of the new winter storm Indra. Safe travels for Kathryn's dh.

Twins, The temp right now is 77*, very pleasant. We are supposed to get thunderstorms overnight and tomorrow morning as the cold front goes through our area (Tampa Bay area) and will work its way through the state tomorrow. The low tomorrow night is around 44* for our area.

Dh has a VA Dr. appointment tomorrow morning at 10 a.m. We will have to leave no later than 9 a.m. We may be walking in the rain then. He also has an appointment with the cardio Dr. after lunchtime on Friday. It will be good to get these done.

Yesterday and today I have worked on decluttering papers and going through/organizing/packing my office supplies. I think I have enough to start a small stationary shop! I gave ddil#2-Y a huge package of construction paper for her classroom.

He asked what am I going to do with all the time then. Said I'd like to have that problem to figure out. I'm sure he's stressed out now.
I can just picture your dh's face when you said this. You should make out a nice list of "Things I Want to Do With My Free Time" for future reference! ;)

Wow! Lady M. Hope the heater repairs for dmom are quick and easy for dbro.

Lucy, I hope your dh's "Misery" doesn't last much longer and he starts feeling better.

I just heard the mail truck go by; I will wander out now to see what he left us today.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:31 pm

hoping your mom's heater gets fixed! hello d lady!

hi d kathryn

we are supposed to have 18 below on wednesday next week - kathryn i am thinking of you - if we in chicago area have 18 below my goodness I wonder what every one up north of us will have.

SUNNY hello!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:46 pm

Sunny, thank you for the weather report! I am not taking shorts, just lighter clothes than I would wear here at home generally. One more dressed up event, aside from that it's lightweight jeans and leggings. I'm assuming I can do some walking in those...maybe capri length leggings and a t shirt for walks.

Rain is coming down here. Don't know that poor Muffin will get a walk but we'll see. Hourly forecast shows rain right on through the evening, close to 100% chance.

Except for a little fileing that burst of activity got most stuff done that I wanted. Going to work on planning for tomorrow and when we get back, starting a new planner. Might also look at some genealogy stuff...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:00 pm

OH, so THAT'S why I'm still in my long flannel nightie and long sleeved thermal top with a housecoat! It's PJ day!! Woo hoo!!

Roo had an hour's workout this morning. I ran the dishwasher and now I am hand washing some large pots and pans.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:05 pm

LOL, Cathy!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:17 pm

Little Mary Sunshine reporting.

My time with friends could not happen, first because HRH didn't feel well, so that we ran late even for his appt in the first place. We were close - but not yet to - the 15-min time limit for being told you can't keep the appt, you're too late (HRH has never heard the words before - he doesn't do "late"). Receptionist told us she would contact the nurse to ask if the dr would see us. We sat in the waiting room, which is laid out in such a way that we were not visible, but physically just a few feet away and heard clearly when a RMA came to the other window of the receptionist and asked, "Why is he late?"

I suppose I was in no mood, and it's unusual for me, but I popped up, turned around the corner to face her and said, "He's late because he's so sick." HRH was astonished :shock: at me. "What's the issue?" she asked me. "All the same things we've been calling you about." He was seen. I sort of knew he would be, because dr is about to send him to another treatment, we've been in back-and-forth calling for side-effect advice, he needs bloodwork done and there are just too many issues to fool around with picky clock-watching.

There were moments I got to say what I needed to say to the doctor, but I wish I had said more. He is taking the side effects seriously and seems to be trying hard to tweak the meds to find a balance between helping and hurting. He corrected a misconception (and I'm so glad dr saw/heard for himself his poor communication) about the reason for one med. It's really never okay for a patient to be unclear about the reason they're taking a med.

Anyway, numbers continue to look a little better as time goes on. Dr reduced the amounts of a couple meds, and for the first time we found out two other meds are meant to be gradually reduced during this course of treatment, not constantly stay at the high original levels (another thing we were supposed to be told previously).

By the time we left the office, there might have been time to see my friends except that they chose a restaurant that (they didn't realize) was in a different direction than HRH's appt. The best I could have done was join for desserts, and it might have even made someone feel they "should" stay and wait, so we didn't try to make that connection.

Back home, dstepson came to visit HRH (yay for that) and gave him a few laughs. On Monday is the treatment for this month, and the half-way point of them. I sure hope it won't have so many delays all day again. Last time we left at dawn and returned way after normal suppertime.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:39 pm

I cooked up 2 batches of deboned chicken thighs, one to freeze one for later.
I dug out one bush, started on another bush & saw the school bus and remembered dgd was coming.
H is on his way home.
Waving to everyone!

Got the next batch of warp wound off and ready to thread on the loom now.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”