Wow! It's Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Wow! It's Wednesday

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:15 pm

hi d Harmony!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:16 pm

Wow! I think dh is the luckiest business traveler I know!

Original booking - Seattle - New York - Philadelphia - Home.

He emailed me from the gate. All checked in, no delays showing.

The plane went mechanical for 2 hours meaning he'd miss his connection.

He was rerouted on United, now flying Seattle - Newark - Home. He has status on United so was emailing me from the lounge.

He just emailed again. Newark is closed (I assume they are getting our storm.)

He's now routed Seattle - Vancouver - Ottawa. Because of his status on Air Canada he'll be flying in Premium Economy.

I won't bet this is his final routing and I won't bet on his getting home tonight until he walks in the door but his new routing is pretty close in arrival times to his original routing. So I'll no closer to 11 if he'll make it home tonight.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:37 pm

I've been potckeying around - that's not the right spelling but I'm not I'm not sure it's a word either. I need to fold at least one load of laundry now, I've done some filing and scanning and paper taming, and got the printer and my computer talking to each other again. Actually, the printer would agree to scan but not print. I'm not sure what did the trick but they are happier together now. I downloaded from my scale to a cvs worksheet I could copy into my Excel spreadsheet. Except for a few days, I can't say I've lost any weight this month. I have been eating better and walking 8K steps, although last week and this week are spotty.

Trying to figure out what to start first, or what to finish of what I've pulled out and started. I haven't walked the dog, and could probably do that (rain appears light.) I think I'll read newspaper and then get out of jammies and walk the sweet girl.

LOL, Harmony, good for you!
He asked what am I going to do with all the time then. Said I'd like to have that problem to figure out. I'm sure he's stressed out now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:13 pm

I am thinking wow as I see neighbors have guys digging out their crawl space entrance we had a lot of rain over night. They are on sewer, the dog is glad for some excitement and activity to investigate. Had lunch thinking about getting out of PJ's. :roll: Did 30 on stat bike, knit 4 rows, laundry is in the dryer.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:31 pm

Hi!

It's really windy here today. Snow is melting. Dh let me know early this morning that the roads were bad. A friend from up on the escarpment texted me to let me know the roads were bad up there. Someone else texted to say another friend wasn't coming in to town from the east because her roads were bad. Good thing I didn't have to go out.

Dh needs me to go to St. Catharines to pick something up tomorrow. As long as I get it home before 5 p.m., it is ready for pick up at any time. St. Catharines is east of us. I need to go to Grimsby which is west of us if I want to go to the craft Guild.

Supper tonight is hamburgers. Dh is going to cook them in one of the cast iron frying pans. He said he is going to finish them off in the oven. Yay! Grease splatters all over the inside of the oven. Oh joy, oh bliss... I know he's in the mood for hamburgers. I hope he changes his mind and makes them on the BBQ.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:42 pm

I've finished the annual report for the Residents' Association and printed off 25 copies. I only expect 20 people, maybe less because of the storm. It is snowing hard again so I can't see much out the window. People who had to go to work in this, will also be coming home in it and will likely get home late. To expect to see them at the meeting will be too much.

I can't believe that's done. Now to work on cleaning up the office for dh so he has room to work and I can get into the cupboard under the printer which has reams of paper. I ran out so used some from the other printer since I didn't want to slide out the sorting tables.

Cathy: I'm having burgers for dinner too. But mine were precooked by dh. Since we can't bbq, we have a cast iron grill pan which is the next closest thing. When I emptied out the cupboards I found my old splatter screen. I had no idea it came with us in the move! But in the future, I know where it is. (It was in a logical spot right next to the stove, I just never look there!)

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:12 pm

LOL Twins! And this was on top of showing DH the ad that came faxed today: a company which comes and picks up trucks, equipment, working or not and gives money. I suggested the 2 axel / transmission boxes he bought at junk yard, considering to use them when he was building his dump bed. Big heavy things he insists on keeping. He did not say no, he said maybe...

Organized and straightened another 2 closets and DH and I looked at the boxes of old phones and wires and speaker stuff...every old thing you can imagine... and we threw a few things away but not very much. He lined them up on the floor to take a picture, intends to put a funny pic on FB asking: anybody want this stuff? I'm hoping the replies get him more in the mood to toss. :lol:

All the stuff I had sitting out waiting for replies for my tax work is put away again. I gave up on all that - people are just not good at getting back to me with their information. Am I the only one who keeps on top of paperwork?

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:17 pm

Wow, indeed. I'm having another slow start to the day. Partly b/c dh feels so bad. We went to the post office, but he went straight back to bed as soon as we came in.
He still has no fever and he doesn't want to go to the doctor, but he certainly does feel miserable.

I've got to s2s pretty quickly b/c dgrands will be here in less than an hour. DS is giving lessons and ddil is at school, so we'll have them a couple hours, I think. DS might want us to keep them till church time, but I don't know about that. I'm not sure I'm going out to church tonight anyway. It is POURING down rain here and my back hurts and I'm just not in any mood to get out and do anything. (That probably means it would be good for me to go, right?)

I'm happy for your ds, Kathryn! That's great that he figured out a solution on his own! Always so rewarding when a grown-up child is doing so well at "adulting," isn't it?

I suspect chicken is on our supper menu, since the dgrands may or may not be here. They eat it pretty well.

I need to call dmom -- actually, I already did, but she was not at home. She probably was still out for her PT today. I need to tell her about the death of one of ddad's cousins and see if she would like to go to the visitation with dgd and me on Friday.

Said I'd like to have that problem to figure out.
I LOVE that reply, Harmony! :lol:

I'm heading to the shower... seems like my day just cannot start till that is DONE. It wouldn't matter if I s2s at 6:00 a.m. or 6:00 p.m., I'm apparently not going to be productive in any way until it's done. :roll: (Of course, today, I won't be productive afterwards, either b/c my time will be consumed with keeping dgrands from worrying dh too much and cooking supper.) * sigh *
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:18 pm

quick hi!!! hi.
Did an hour in a bedroom

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:18 pm

hi Lucy!!!!