Thankful Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lynlee

Re: Thankful Thursday

Postby Lynlee » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:23 pm

Friday
I need to get up and get ready for the day.
tmeds, readings and response, breakfast are done.

next
I still need to put the books away, dress,
find a place for the battery and charger. Not sure how to ensure they don't get above 40C.

Prayers for all suffering with too hot, cold, wet, or dry, including animals and the country.

There is much to be thankful for.

As I read Kathryn's KonMarie post I thought how being thankful of things 'released', helps us to let go more in the future. A bit of positive brain reinforcing action.

I am thankful for what I did with clothing, but never progressed beyong that beginning.
I am finding it easier to bin things though. I need to remember to be thankful to support that.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:30 pm

Dh was very happy about the custard treat. Good thing I made him a treat because today is the 4th anniversary of us getting engaged.

I had a very productive afternoon. Chicken was in crockpot, bread was being made in the bread maker, custard was cooling in the fridge. Roomba was doing a quick pick up on the floors and the dishwasher was going. I got a lot of dishes done in the sink at the same time. Radio was on, which I don't normally do because I cannot stand the mid day DJ. She is on vacation this week. The sun came out for a while. Now I am full and happy and most of the house is clean.

I still have the same hot spot though. Maybe I can deal with that tomorrow.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:20 pm

Home.

The drive out was effortless except I was on my computer as we entered town and dh followed the gps so we ended up arriving after ds. It didn't matter, the previous home own had completely plowed the driveway. Dh dug out the shed entrance and a path to the backyard gate but we had no awful work to do.

The driveway was sheer ice, though, so it was scary crossing it. And ds kept turning on the ice instead of the trailer crank!

Ds backed the trailer up to the front stoop and it was completely clear so for the unloading there was no danger of falling. His girlfriend and I worked inside, taking things from the front door landing up or down as required. Dh and ds did the outside work.

We left shortly after everything was unloaded. They'll unpack and set up tonight. Ds will be back here at 6:45 to pick up dh tomorrow morning so dh can sit and wait for internet hookup all day.

We stopped in at the pub in the village next to our old village and had a nice dinner. Also saw some old neighbours. It is at the halfway point between our home and ds' and dh is worried we'll be regulars there in the future. One of the decorations they have on the wall is the sign from the pizzeria that used to back onto our property. It was good to see the sign again (the pizzeria has been closed for well over a decade.)

I'm back to work on the financial report. I'll produce one that only deals with the money I was given and let the treasurer figure out the rest of it. I balance even if he doesn't.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:05 pm

Load of washing on the line. It is probably dry, but can wait a little longer.
Cleaned a section front door, behind door where I keep broom etc etc :| , and screen door, up to the first half of front window.. I had anticipated getting further along than that.
2 ch ux cloths thanked for their service.

I need to move the mower back to the laundry before the sun comes across.
Maybe best to remove the battery as well. I'm still working on where the coolest place for them is.
Less than 40C always? uhmmm

lunch time as well.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:23 pm

blessed, when you get a chance and the weather doesn't interfere, would you start a new chat thread in SHE's In The Kitchen forum? Your choice of title/topic, of course. You have been our most consistent (and interesting) poster there for many years. You'll be our perfect starter-upper for a place to chat about current thoughts.

HRH and I started out to take a walk but the cold wind changed our minds and we rode out instead. He wanted to pick up some of his favorite slaw at the bbq place, and he also put a couple small presents into ds' children's mailbox.

We are saturated here. The summer, in fact, was even a wet one, the December snows added to the wet, and it seems it's been raining since. It's been so long since we had a dry time at all. I am thankful for my galoshes when I do outdoor chores.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:31 pm

Date nite is over. Did that after an errand. Had a lovely day here with sunshine and mild temps. In the day time.
Looking forward to to getting back out there tomorrow on another section of fence getting the honeysuckle vine off the fence and digging around
the next bush to take out. I did a pm routine of sorts.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 pm

I'm finished the financial report but I'm off by $339. Or, more accurately, I can't reconcile to a bank number I don't have, but suspect it might that the treasurer dispersed more money than he had. It is all good (I have more money than I need so can pay him back) but it is important to figure out how we made this error. I have two scenarios that are close but no cigar.

Dd is texting me to set up a call but won't be able to get the call in before I'm in bed.

Dh is washing up today's dishes for me, then we are off to bed. We are both exhausted.

Return to “Post When You Can”