Thankful Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lilac

Re: Thankful Thursday

Postby Lilac » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:28 pm

It is snowing heavily and horizontal. We are only suppose to get an inch, so we'll see if they knew what they were talking about.

Dh is in the shower. I will shower when he's done. Dgs13 has a game at 3:30.

Gotta go, my turn to shower.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:14 pm

Financial report fell apart when I tried to include the information the church treasurer has. Sigh.

We're now in the car on the way to ds' new home. We'll help them unload the first load and then head home. Probably eat dinner out.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:49 pm

oh my goodness i want to space out. :lol: my errands are done. I forgot one thing but I will do that tomorrow if the weather isn't freezing.
I planned on using most of my points for lunch - planned last week. it was good but I don't feel out of control.
nothing healthy but still in my points.

I have to separate and freeze the stuff I bought from the grocery store.

I hope you all have had a great day... I am waving to all of you wonderful women!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:12 pm

Hi everyone! I realized I have been AWOL since the 15th! I kept meaning to drop by, but would get delayed with one thing and another. Some highlights of what has been going on: cleaned house so repair people can come, got door and wall repaired and painted, took guitar to be repaired, and took car for diagnostics. The guitar repair person and I had a laugh over the thieves' attempt to "fix" the guitar. They actually left one of their own connectors in the case. You don't need to be an electrician to know that you cannot repair anything with a two wire connector with one wire not connected. Unfortunately, there is no way to turn this guitar into a left handed guitar. DD16 does not want to play it and I can no longer form chords on it due to my funky finger. (I was hoping to teach myself left handed). Not sure what to do. I made a nice payment to my debt, but now the car is having troubles. I also need new glasses and new shoes (yes, the shoes are a need, it effects my bad foot). Sometimes it seems like I can't win.

I am trying to finish 2018's Christmas crochet by Jan 31. If I am diligent it should be ok. Tonight, DD will be with me, probably for homework and dinner. Her latest evaluation for her IEP was not very promising - she has significant deficits in both long and short term memory as well as the autism.

I was giving some thought to my finances last night after passing YET ANOTHER camper place and had an epiphany. I have been assuming that after I pay off the car, I can start making (smaller) payments on a travel trailer. My car is the next debt in my target list. A better plan is to start making larger payments, pay it off EARLY, then start saving that amount in a camper fund. Then, when I know where DD will be attending college and what her expenses are, I will have a reserve of CASH to start looking at them. I need to print out some pictures to put on my checkbook. Pictures of campers, fun places, maps, etc.

Just had an easy resolution to a problem in our most important report. There were extremely large discrepancies. The "problem"? The selected date defaults to the previous month, Dec 2018. When the users attempted to look at this month, they forgot to change 2018 to 2019!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:31 pm

waving at you elizabeth and all.

all the food for the freezer is separated and put away.

I have listed my spending. checked my accounts.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:33 pm

I tried to think of what I'm thankful for today, in relation to today's work. Came up blank. Lots of things to be thankful for, but not what I was in to today.

I cleaned out my clothes closet, tried on everything in my bin to see what fits. I now have as many things in my too-small bin as are hanging up to use. Not thankful for that.

Gnarly job is done for DH and inspection passed. THAT I'm thankful for as this place is very old and does not pass any new codes now. Inspector at least must have acknowledged that it's in better structural shape than it was before DH worked on it.

Fireplace is cleaned out, ashed dumped on the garden. Getting colder tonight and staying cold for about 5 days. Thankful for my fireplace and my blankets.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:06 pm

WTG, Harmony, on the closet declutter, trying on everything! That is such a tiresome chore. And, in my case, so depressing...

WTG, blessed, on the freezer tasks, errands, and budgeting!

WTG on MANY tasks completed, Elizabeth and Cathy!

WTG, Kathryn, on much effort towards financial work!

WTG Nancy, on exercise and gardening!

WTG, Harriet, on being such a great hand model! You may find a second career in midlife!

WTG on being a help to dd, LadyM and LordM! (Today AND EVERY DAY!)

WTG, Lilac on being a supportive grandmother! Have fun at the game!

WTG,Dee, on getting mentally prepped for tax season! BTW, I'm impressed that your newspaper carrier brings a replacement paper on the same day! Ours will always say, "Do you want credit on your bill for the day or do you want him to bring you another paper tomorrow?" Well, noooo... we don't really want to read the newspaper a day late, plus if "tomorrow" happens to be Monday or Saturday, we will be reading it TWO days late. Shaking my head... (Our local paper stopped publishing on those two days.) So we always ask for credit and buy the paper from the box -- which is actually more expensive than delivery. * sheesh *)

So here I am, thankful for a better start to the day,
thankful for a fresh haircut and enjoyable time with my beautician,
thankful for freshly vacuumed floors in the living areas of the house,
thankful new shoes arrived in mail and they fit (!), and
thankful dh seems to be feeling slightly better.

I am also, as dgs would put it, "curious to know" just WHY I can never put TWO productive days together???
In fact, the last two days I have been a living illustration of two of the seven deadly sins, I think... sloth and gluttony?
* SIGH *
But today, knowing I had to get up and at 'em for the haircut appt, I did so and when I got home, I vacuumed the kitchen, dining room, and den, foyer and connecting hallway (this is all one big area, really, no doors to shut between any of these "rooms") plus guest bath and computer room.
Then my back hurt, dh was in the bedroom, and I decided I would take a break.
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:23 pm

Some days, Lucy, we only get the option to add a day on at the end. Today's was wet. You'd think it would be more time efficient for them to double bag -1 from each end. It was very wet and obviously this one landed in a good sized puddle.

Going to Trivia with the rest of this bunch tonight -only because everyone is going. Didn't want to be the wet blanket. The "question' of the night is on Presidential Alma Maters. So it'll be a good guess, educated maybe. Depends on what the question is.

Agree with Harmony, the next several days are to be quite cool for here. Know the weather up home is nasty today and lots of accidents. Much like Cathy's I'm sure.

Made an appointment today to get a perm next Wednesday. Will be a full day (for me). Have breakfast at 9:15 with dbil/disil and perm is at noon.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:26 pm

Oh -- same here, Dee -- we used to have a carrier who double-bagged if it even looked cloudy! Now we have one that NEVER double bags, (although he did tie a knot in the end today) and sometimes he throws it right in the ditch with standing water. As I told dmom, it must be hard to find good help for a job that has to be done at 2:00 a.m., no matter what the weather is. (DH could keep the hours just fine, but he doesn't want to do the job, LOL!)
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:28 pm

CI did more in the yd. 45 more on the yard by the back fence another section of vi e off the back fence one more to go. H is off early. Got in the shower also.

Return to “Post When You Can”