Friday Fold and Finish

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Friday Fold and Finish

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:49 pm

I have removed the vine from the fence. I will need to dig and put some thingdown so that vine goes not take over.
The sun is out now yea the fog has burned off. Finish is closer, I moved branches and vine closer to the back gate.

Cut the vine off the fence, and then I got the other big vine root dug out today yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:00 pm

Home. Dh and I worked to get dinner in the oven. I worked at putting away the items from today.

Now to look at email. I've been only handling the bare minimum for over 36 hours now.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:03 pm

I am back from errands. Brrr. I don't think we got up to 5, the warmest I saw was 3F.

I had to shovel some drifts and clear snow & ice from my car again. Came in from that to warm up and continue trying to get through to make an appointment for my car.

The service department has been bugging me for a month to bring my car in for its first oil change. Actually, no, longer than that, more like 6 months because they assume an average number of miles and this past year I have not driven very much. DH told me to wait until the oil life message said under 10%, which happened a couple of weeks ago, but then the weather turned bad. Anyway, today I finally had the magic combination of a long enough block of time AND safe roads to take the car to TheBigCity for errands.

Unfortunately, even though the service rep left me both a phone message and Email first thing this morning, her phone went to voicemail every time I tried to call back. I gave up at 4:00 and called the general number for the dealership, but of course by then it was too late for them to try to fit me in today. I have an appointment for Wednesday afternoon.

What with all that time messing around waiting, I decided not to go buy groceries this late in the day. I went to the post office to buy stamps before the price increases on Sunday, to the ATM for cash, and to McD for a large mocha coffee since I have not had that treat since before Christmas.

I hear DH's car in the driveway. I'll need to find out from him if he wants me to start cooking supper now or to wait to give him time to go for a hike.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:04 pm

Hi blessedw2!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:24 pm

I had thought postage was going to $.55 last week. So trying to decide whether I want to hand over $50 for a roll of stamps or pay 5-cents more apiece come Christmas. Can't believe it's jumping so much. DD and I are tossing around an idea for this summer. Usually we bake up a storm in November and send boxes of cookies to our 2 families in NY -lots of $$ to send the packages. Asked her tonight what she'd think of having a 'bake-a-thon' up there late this summer, include the girls and freeze cookies for Christmas. Might be a win/win for us as we do a fun activity together. Something to think about. She asked if I thought we could freeze cookies that long. Maybe we need to see if someone has a vacuum machine for freezing. That would be good -would also keep anyone from munching a few cookies here 'n there. :lol:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:58 pm

Sending healing prayers to RR.
Happy moving prayers for KinC' DS.
Safety prayers for all with weather / ice/ heat issues.

I know its not J&C, but I read your posts.

LM - I need to put the self care items on my list to remind me.

Friday
Cleaned a section of Entry. Follow on needed.
I did a section if the Yard, fence line and dandelions taken care of.
Walked an odd loop, short, but took in some hills as an attempt to get some more cardio fitness happening.
Lights out was 11.

Saturday
Officially, contentiously, its Australia day.
My initial would like to dos:
online support group
washing
phone calls
a movie?
Follow on from Friday in Entry:
I have a basket of things to deal with before I put the basket back.
And would like to get in amongst the next thing , an aquarium currently with one live pot plant, and others :roll: there.

Dee - ordinary stamps are $1 here - which is about 70c US atm. Pensioners can buy concession stamps for 60c.
When prices change all mail is meant to go at the new prices.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:58 pm

Ds is tired from staying up until 2:30 so not making the best use of his burly friend who booked 2 days off work to help. At most they'll get 2 runs in today. I was at the apartment earlier and it needs way more than 5 runs (counting tomorrow) although there will be another trailer to help with tomorrow.

I'm tired too. Too much thinking (meetings, the financial statement, driving) and still have a lot of things requiring my attention.

I've tidied the kitchen (loaded the dishwasher which I'll run tomorrow.) I've put out fresh towels and started that laundry and my hot water pot needed to run though a clean cycle. In the village it would build up scale but here it is just a scorched look that cleans up when I run it with lemon juice added to the water. That task is almost done (the brown stain is gone, now to empty the rinsing cycle and leave it ready to start in the morning.

I've done a little bit of paperwork tidying too. But not nearly enough. I ended up piling things so we could sit on the couch and watch a tv show with dinner.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:31 pm

Panera is expensive - I wouldn't do it just myself - but dd has "points" there, and it has a plant-based menu section. She uses the computer screens to order, so doesn't has to deal with the line at register. The screen suggests to her what she last ate, and she just flies through ordering and picks up her own number for the table. The crowd thinned down while we were eating and we had a secluded place to chat. I will say that they have quiet booths.

Even though I did eat a small restaurant meal today, my eating has been really good. I had made that a goal today, so I'm pleased.

I had finishes today among my paperwork, appointment-making, and cooking plans. Attempts to finish some phone calling went nowhere, so I've ended up the week puzzled about that.

BookSaver, thanks for the postal increase reminder. I was able to make an order online and save some money before Monday. I noticed the upcoming cactus flower stamps (10 images) were available for pre-order at the current rate, too, so I ordered a book of them to arrive Feb 15. The black backgrounds are certainly unusual and some of the images take a second look to understand, but I will enjoy using something new and interesting.

Dd39 called and we had a nice chat. She also talked to HRH - she is one of few people he's completely honest with about how he feels day to day, so she got an earful.

Tomorrow I have an appt to get the truck inspected. I may just go there, read a book and wait, believing it won't take long. We'll see. We usually pick up later. I'm glad to have an appt to press me into this finish. The end of the month is coming up and though I should be able to do it next week, that could fall through.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:38 pm

I am doing laundry washer twins are both going now one bmore load to do.
Planned leftovers were dinner.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:43 pm

Our stamps go up 5 cents this month (I think it already happened.) We also have 'permanent' stamps which mean we can save if we stock up on those. I picked up a roll in early Jan to save the $5. We use about half a roll on Christmas cards alone.

I'm off to bed now. I never got back to being productive.

Got word from the church in the village that the septic line is frozen so there are no toilets or kitchen sink.

Return to “Post When You Can”