Friday Fold and Finish

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Friday Fold and Finish

Postby Harriet » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:03 am

Do you have chores you can (figuratively or literally) fold neatly today and call finished?

Kathryn mentioned yesterday the careful folding KonMarie suggests. Yes, it can seem amusing to be so precise, but it's good to know the ideal is out there. And there's satisfaction (relief?) to say, "finished!" and look back on an organized chore.

The weekend is nearly here. Do you have some things that are close to the finish line, or things that will give you satisfaction to organize? What can you decide to fold and finish today?

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Friday Fold and Finish

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:23 am

I need to START a complete "do-over" on me! So I'll start again on my body mostly and hopefully keep on keeping on!

I'm working on packing some things (albeit nearly 2 months before dh leaves for the north) that I can do without. Going to try to have as few things left here that need to go home as possible. My aim is to have to only take a small carry on bag when I fly home in May. Want to leave as little as possible for dd to take in her car and not have to take any luggage. We'll see how that goes. :? :roll: For instance I have 2 new deodorants here -I'll pack one to go with him and not take any. And so it goes. Some things I'll simply order from W mart to be delivered up there -usable things.

Went to Trivia last night with dd, dsonil and dh. I got so very tired long before the night was over though. Not sure I'll try to go.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:25 am

ooo - finish the process day! thank you d harriet!
hi d dee

I have been behind but still productive (at least getting something I planned for in each day 8-) ) I have had to look at things and say to them - "I see you and I have a plan for you... lol ... at least I think I have a plan for you lol- I blew this in a bubble away. 8-) :lol:

When I woke up my thermometer said -9 - Good morning

I have to take dog to vet for her nail clipping - first I have to heat up the car so it moves lol
today hopefully is cooking and planning day.

have a great day
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:41 am

I need to START a complete "do-over" on me! So I'll start again on my body mostly and hopefully keep on keeping on!

Sign me up for this! I have been neglecting taking care of myself and the results are not good. I know what to do, it is simply a matter of making it a priority and staying focused until it is accomplished. Repeat. Repeat.

DGD7 come home from school yesterday with a non-stop cough and requesting to just lay down because she didn't want to do anything. I gave her some cough meds and hoped for the best. She woke up this morning feeling okay. I am thankful.

Today's plans -
** Homeschool
** DGS21 has requested to spend time with me this afternoon.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:55 am

I know what to do, it is simply a matter of making it a priority and staying focused until it is accomplished. Repeat. Repeat
Ditto, ditto, ditto!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:00 am

Morning..

Thanks for all the well wishes. I now have a 5-6 inch incision with 13 stitches both in and out of the area. If my biopsy comes back negative I’ll be in the clear.

My site is tender which is to be expected and I spent Wednesday and Thursday applying ice packs on the area every 20 minutes. Even with that my arm was throbbing pretty bad by nightfall.

I have laundry to fold, but will take my time doing it. Just need to take it easy for the next few days and try not to use my arm too much. Easier said than done.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:26 am

Woke up on my own early today.
H had an early shift so it worked out perfectly.
Journal & planning done.
Posting from exercise bike.
We have fog today this morning.

I have eaten breakfast
Made the bed & picked up the bedroom.
Dgd will be here any min.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:39 am

((((Healing and comfort wishes, RR))))

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:04 pm

RRose, heal quick!

I have 1 LOL to fold and put away. Dailies done, checks to the mail. With DH being slow right now, there's not a lot to do. I have one statement to make. Need to do some cooking. Should do some sewing, but not in the mood.

I don't think it got as cold as they said it would. Beautiful blue sky today.

Have a nice day!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:07 pm

Good morning everyone! That title is appropriate for me today, because last night, I actually did do lots of laundry. All was folded and put away except the things that finished drying after I went to bed. It is not appropriate for Ramblinrose who should be delegating that task to someone who does not have stitches. Sending wishes for a speedy recovery, which will be more likely without that sort of work.

I was right about it being a dinner and homework night. DD16 would like a desk in her room. We determined where to put it and I will get it for her as an early birthday present (mid February is the real birthday).

My hallway looks beautiful with its coat of bright white paint. It is supposed to dry for 24 hours. Tonight, after dance class, I will rehang all the pictures. The nails are still in place. I have to paint the inside doors and a small alcove to match. The front door needs to match too, but I won't do that until it is warm.

Four more days until Alfie is done with eye meds. Not a cooperative cat.

Back to reports.

Return to “Post When You Can”