Friday Fold and Finish

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Friday Fold and Finish

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:43 pm

Elizabeth... have no fear, Sweetie is a great guy who lived on his own long before I reappeared. He knows how to fold laundry even if he doesn’t do it my way. Plus he’s been provide dinner has well. W

We needed to do a grocery run after my procedure and Sweetie also handled all of that for me. And he is helping me with my wound dressing because it is in an awkward place for me to do it right on my own. He’s a good me of a kind of guy guy!

I had a wonderful time with my son... 5 days of one on one time... something this Mama has been missing. Great conversations and plenty of hugs and laughs.

My grand daughter has 10 more weeks before she enters the world. She now weighs 3lbs and 8 ozs and my son swears she has my nose. Amazing what they can see these days with scans.

They haven’t decided on a name yet and will wait till she’s born. They want a southern name and are using my genealogy tree I made for my son to look at names. My son hinted at the name Hattie, which is his 2great grandmothers name, but I know there or other names in the running. The one thing I am sure of, at least at this point her middle name will be Mae. My mother’s middle name is Mae as his my son’s other grandmother and great grandmother’s middle name.

Watching great old movies today. Dark passages with Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall:D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:40 pm

Homeschool is done. We have been spending time on having an acceptable attitude. Some of DS10 friends are not a good influence on him. Learning how to pick your friends is an important life lesson.

DD called to say divorce court had no surprises this morning. It is done. DD told DGD7 that she was going away for a few days and DGD7 would be staying with us. DGD7 danced with glee when DD told her that. Ugh. Not exactly the response that DD needed to hear. ANYway....... life continues......

The accessories for DMom's new home heater were delivered today. The heater itself won't be here until next week. DMom's current home heater is working but not automatically turning itself off. She is okay with doing it manually until the new heater can be installed. DMom's home has 2 heaters and they have both gone bad this year. One of the heaters was 50+ years old and the other one was 30+ years old. DSon was visiting last fall when the 30+-year-old heater went bad. DSon went to the big city and bought a replacement heater. DNephew installed it. This should be the last time we deal with the heaters in DMom's home. They should be good for the rest of DMom's lifetime.

I have my gym bag packed and will be taking it with me this afternoon. I'm not coming home until I get to spend time at the Y. I'll spend time with DGD21 first and then DGS21 can choose to also go exercise or not. Either way, I'm doing it. This is important for my mental/emotional/physical self-care.
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:44 pm

I am excited I got some ideas for pouches to sew up from U -tubes.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:22 pm

Ramblin',
Wish I could give you audio of dd20 saying "
Ooooooh! That is so cute I love that name! A unique name."

She and I are out between a Panera sandwich and grocery

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:34 pm

hello d harriet have fun with your dd!!

hi d nancy!

yay on homeschool being done! it is a good lesson. The stability is what d gd probably cheered about. having a place that is stress free has to be a relief.
yay for you for going to the y for lady M time! good for you!

hello d rose! so glad you had such a lovely time with your d son! how exciting about soon to be grand baby! fast healing!!!

hello d elizabeth! so lovely - new paint can really make a home beautiful. good for you!

hello d harmony... yay on the laundry - finishing the process. yay on all you did!

hello d dee!

hello d kathryn!

I can only go back so far... hope i didn't miss anyone
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:37 pm

finished making a new recipe - it is in the crock pot. Basque Chicken
from the Bordeaux cookbook of dd's

now to make banana bread for freezer

it is now 8 degrees yay
it was -3 when I went to the vet with d dog. -19 with wind chill. that does wake one up! :lol:
it should continue being a little warmer for a couple hours.

I also want to make risotto for the freezer. figured out the points for it. not sure if it is worth it. thinking I might make brown rice instead.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:04 pm

Hello, villagers ~
Where did the past week and a half go? Not sure. Maybe winter blahs?

Just this week:
Saturday I worked a full shift at the library. Busy busy.
Sunday ?? relaxed and did chores, I guess
Monday at work super busy because of predicted serious snow storm, library patrons needed to stock up on books & movies to be ready for school cancellations.

Tuesday & Wednesday I stayed home due to freezing rain followed by a lot of snow.
DH went to work Tuesday but he said the roads were really bad coming home. He stayed home Wednesday because he didn't want to shovel that much snow first thing in the morning; plus he knew they always have trouble clearing the parking lot where he works so even if he had been able to get there, chances were he would not have had a place to park. He shoveled our driveways late in the afternoon, using the brand new snow scoop. That tool works great even for heavy wet snow.

Yesterday (Thursday) we were super busy at the library from people who had been house-bound a couple of days, trading in books & movies to be ready for more bad weather.

Today we will have a high temp hopefully up to 5, with wind chill temp of YIKES do I really have to go outside can't I just stay in the house wrapped up in a fleece blanket?!!

Oh, I know what happened to a lot of my time -- I borrowed from the library a TV series on 5 DVDs that I could only have for a few days because someone else was waiting for it. While I was stuck at home in the snow, I sat in front of the tv and binge-watched. I've heard a lot of people talking about doing that with streaming tv shows. I never want to do it again! I have the 2nd season of the show to watch next, but I'm going to break it up over more days and, even better, I'm going to sew cat mats at the same time. It's just too hard to sit doing nothing else for that long.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:32 pm

helloooooo d book!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:50 pm

Checking in from the road home.

I got off on time and arrived early due to an effortless commute. I wore my ice grippers so was sure footed.

The landlord tenant hearing was a failure from my point of view. The law is on the side of the landlord but the law is unjust.

The blowhard blew and blew and blew and literally scrambled my brain so that was the downside.

I had a productive chat with the property manager and landlord's lawyer after. Then a quick bus ride home.

Ate lunch as quickly as possible and headed to ds's picking up a load from his apartment on my way.

Stayed 45 minutes. Dh was ready to go (he'd spent the day there waiting for the cable guy) so we are headed home.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:04 pm

I am so sorry you had such a poor meeting with the landlord tenant hearing d kathryn. glad you had a nice chat with manager and lawyer.
hope you have a lovely evening.

Return to “Post When You Can”