Saturday Sightlines

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Saturday Sightlines

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:24 pm

No real progress.

Laundry is folded and put away. I spurred dh to gather up and take out the garbage. I've got the humidifier running in the living room (it was still in the spare bedroom from when I was sleeping there in November.) Dd bought one for her main floor and it has made a difference. I thought my space was too large but in the past two hours the humidity has raised from 20% to 24%. I still have a ways to go to the 30% I'm shooting for, but it is still better. I'm so tired of my fingers being all wrinkled all the time!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:26 pm

It never ceases to amaze me how much can be done in 15 min. Today I did a round putting that vine in trash cans made a big went in clearing the pile in the back yard!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:32 pm

it is cool isn't d nancy. 15 minutes even 5 minutes can be great!

d Kathryn having the laundry folded and put away is great!

off to have dinner with dd older.
its snowing so i hope it will be okay.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:15 pm

Kathryn, your thoughts about the man are meaningful and should be conveyed to others.

dd and the young man took the truck in for us.

Then HRH felt well enough to ride with me to go get it. He got a quote as well on new tires while we were there. He went on to get gas in the truck and I went on to other errands in the car.

Finally a return call I'd been waiting on but also within it the opportunity to be the encourager I had wanted to be the other day, if schedule had allowed. I was a sounding board for quite a while and really happy I could give some advice, too.

I am "S2" and will soon add "Scrunchie" after my hair dries a bit.

Sightlines include the Monday outpatient appt with HRH. Then, the way he talked, we'll likely be buying new tires by midweek. Tomorrow will be a somewhat normal day at church, I think. A couple items I thought might be urgent turn out to be postponed.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:38 pm

Three of the executive have been to the hospital to say their goodbyes. John is on life support and barring a miracle will pass soon after the holder of the power of attorney arrives (he was on his way to Hong Kong.) Should his heart fail before that, the doctors have ordered Do Not Resuscitate. The ICU nurse said that in her 15 years there, she has never had a patient with so many to visitors coming to say goodbye. John's support workers are there with him, each of the group home residents have been brought in as well as other members of the organization and friends as they hear the news.

One of the workers commented that at least he is at peace while he lies there. His body is usually in motion at all times, either rocking or waving his hand (or both!) She'd notice it even when she'd check on him at night.

I'm sitting here crying. My last conversation, on Wednesday, with John was about icy walking and being very careful. He had fallen on ice in October and was asking if I thought management was doing better with the salting because of his fall. It was a bad night to ask, we had just had 9 - 10 inches of snow and then freezing rain so the walking was treacherous, with the areas that had been plowed, now icy and high winds blowing snow on top of the ice to hide it. It was too cold for salt to work. It's been that way for most of the past 2 weeks. I told him I wasn't sure but it was really important to be very careful. He went off saying, yes, very careful, very careful. His verbal tic was to always repeat what you said.

Dh and I walked to the pub tonight, taking the path that John would have taken. He fell coming back from the bus, but we don't know where. Even with my grippers on, my feet slipped badly many times, as did dh. Crossing one street we each slipped, caught by the other since we walk arm-in-arm. I slipped on the way to the pub, dh as we headed home reversing our steps. I've declared we will not be walking anywhere until the weather warms up (not forecast to happen for the next couple of weeks.)

One will still have to be careful in parking lots (and ds's driveway!) but there is no reason to increase the risk by walking longer distances when we can take the car places.

When I'm not crying, I'm working on the dang financial statement. In receipts we are out 33 cents. I found an email from last June talking about that 33 cents so it is an old friend. Or enemy, depending on how you look at it. We fudged the numbers back then, so now I just have to figure out how so we fudge them the same way now. For expenses there is a place where we are $9.33 off. The $9 is leftover from me having a receipt for 245 but the person was paid 254. And then our old friend 33 cents.

But there are other places we don't match so I'm still trying to figure out what I did. I think I'm the source of one of the problems so I'm looking hard to see where and how.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:37 am

I got it back to the same 33 cents (which is actually 5 cents plus 28 cents) that plagued us last spring.

I've sent off the corrected sheets. If he makes corrections to his ledger, we'll balance (except for the 33 cents.)

I'm off to bed now, 2 hours late.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:14 am

I am so sorry about your friend, Kathryn.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”