Sunday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Sunday PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:17 pm

Here we go!

What have you been up to today?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Sunday PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:18 pm

I'm at DD's playing with children so she can do some to-do's.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:31 pm

Hi!

Drove to Niagara Falls for bread and then drove to St. Catharine's for brunch. Drove home on the back roads and now dh is reading in bed.

Yesterday's load of laundry is in the dryer. When it comes out I think I might drive over to a local pharmacy to pick up some soda for dh. I will have to clear off my car. We woke up to snow this morning. Maybe I will just take the truck.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:08 pm

It is mid morning here post breakfast clean up accomplished.
I have done 30 on stat bike while h cooked his omelette I cut up stuff to go in it when I did mine.
It was sunny but fog rolled in.
I have done my journal & planning.
I need to wash my hair.
I have been coughing just a bit this morning I am having a cup of tea now..
S2s done.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:12 pm

happy 12:10 pm here by me. central time.

hello d ones.

I have been doing paperwork, filing, menu planning, sent letters out etc. I am making chicken stock for chicken soup for this week and have brats in the pan defrosting. next make the french potato salad for week, froze the banana bread. figured out my errand day. so exciting 8-) :lol: :D :D :D but done.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:07 pm

I ended up clearing off the car, which wasn't too bad because the wind was keeping one entire side free of snow.

We are having a roast of pork tonight and I just put it in the oven. First load of laundry has been put away and second is in the washing machine right now.

Very cold and windy with a beautiful blue sky. Very deceiving until you go outside.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:14 pm

It was terrible driving this morning with white-outs where one wouldn't expect them (such as the main street in dd's community as opposed to the open fields surrounding the community.) It was also snowing and the plows had not yet been through or weren't keeping up so figuring out lanes was hard.

We stayed for 3 hours and played with the kids. DgsM2 was his usual charming self and we had fun cooking, and play cooking, and doing a word game. That one was hilarious because it would say, "Spell Bulldozer" and then dgsM2 would try and sound it out. He did fairly well (I think some of it is now rote learning as well as sounding) but it seemed to me that we should be starting with something like CAR or DOG. Bulldozer was easier than Ambulance but he got that one too so who am I to say?!?

I had lunch after leaving and picked up a toy shovel to replace the one I broke since his parents hadn't done so. I don't feel bad about breaking the shovel, it was a sand shovel, was left outside, and had frozen in place. Plus they had garbage picked it, but I spent the $3.50 for a proper child's snow shovel. We have another snowstorm blowing in tomorrow night so Tuesday will be an 'at home' day for all of us (we should have stayed home this morning, it wasn't really safe to be out.)

The drive home was easier and went quickly. I called the hospital to see if I could visit and was told that John passed away. So that's that. I've updated our facebook group and the executive. Another member of the executive is the contact point for the group home and will get the arrangements from them. At that point, I'll post to the whole membership.

I have more numbers to look at (we think we've solved the refugee financial report but I have to double check) and then I'll write the AGM meeting minutes. I hope to get that out tonight and the printing done tomorrow (that I'll send to Staples since it will be a few hundred pages) so we can deliver hard copies to those members without email.

Dinner tonight is leftovers from the freezer. I need to get those out to start defrosting. And wind the clocks. That's a Sunday chore.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:19 pm

I was feeling a bit buried alive with the changes in our family, but after a bit of time has passed I feel like it will be okay. Nothing has changed but it doesn't seem near as overwhelming as it did a few days ago. I guess we can learn to adapt to most anything.

Yesterday DS10 was running a fever and didn't feel good. I guess we are passing this uck around. Today everyone feels great so hopefully, we can keep everyone well.

Church today was amazing. I enjoyed every moment of it.

After church, we met with the person who is coordinating our NYC trip on the NY side. I was able to get a definitive answer if DS10 could attend. This is one time that DS10 size worked in his favor. DS10 as big as most 14 years old. They typically don't allow children to attend but are going to make an exception for DS10 So, this means DH, DS10 and I will be going to NYC in September. We will be staying in Elizabeth, NJ while working in Harlem, mid-town and lower Manhattan, Bronx, and Chelsea. EEEEKKK! I am so excited about this experience.

Lunch was at our favorite cafe. We missed eating with our typical Sunday crowd because we stayed late for the meeting. We had a table able to seat 8 people but there was only 5 of us (DS10 has a friend staying with us today). There is always a waiting line to get a table at this place so we told the waitress they could sit someone with us if they wanted. So we had a couple we didn't know eat lunch with us but by the end of the meal, you would have thought we were best friends. :) I love it when you instantly connect with people.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:32 pm

We are having quite a day here. Woke up to cold and wet outside.

We went to church but we have some pretty deep puddles in the parking lot and we park way out in the back and cross a bunch of grass first. I walked carefully and took my umbrella, but I was damp and cold by the time I got in there. We were ushers again today.

Had a couple stops on the way home and it was raining harder. Everybody is out shopping on Sundays and today was the same, except that all the cars were gathered up at doorways picking up people and dropping them off. First we went to HD to get a grab bar for 1 of our bathrooms and a lightbulb for the stove vent hood and a toilet seat who's hinges broke. Another stop for milk and some other stuff.

Got home damp and cold. I took care of the lightbulb and washed the vent up inside and washed 2 canisters to restock the stuff we bought. Gathered up the garbage and some extra stuff to throw away I found in the office. Washed a couple of the refrigerator bins after I cleaned them out.

Took the garbage and recycle bins out for tomorrow's pickup. In steady rain with an umbrella overhead. Helped a little bit. DH is out looking at someone's roof which is leaking in this rain. He was going up into her attic to look at the under side of it. It's supposed to rain for a long while. Man, if this was snow...

Lots of swales around are full and overflowing. I'm sure the grass and plants are loving it. Me, not so much. If it was warmer...

LadyM, what about DGD while you are all away?

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:32 pm

ugh. I don't want to learn the different flavors, sizes, styles, models of Barbie Dolls. I am not a fan of Barbie Dolls, but DGD7 has a couple of those dolls that she is fond of. DGD7 loves designing clothes for them and I find it rather fascinating how creative she is. DGD7 will take ANYTHING and create clothes that look nothing like it started out. Today I gave DGD7 a couple fat quarters (think quilting cloth) and she worked a couple hours designing it into clothes for the dolls. She is so proud of them but then the issue of not having any shoes for the dolls became apparent. I went online to buy some shoes for DGD7 barbie dolls only to find out there are many sizes of shoes for Barbie Dolls and apparently, they aren't interchangeable. I can't decide whether to pursue the dolls shoes or just let them be barefooted. If this is my biggest problem then I am truly blessed!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”