Sunday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Sunday PWYC

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:37 pm

Quiet here on the 'home front'.

Dh is the only one who went to church today. I awoke about 4:30 with a scratchy throat, stuffed up, eyes running and ears bugging me. Told dh I was staying home, then dd came in to tell me that "Just Dad is going today". We had the same thing -though she sounds worse than me. Then by the time dh got home, he was sounding bad too. Dsonil was sick last week until about Friday -so what do you all think? My guess is we have the same germs! Ugh! I have looked for 3 days incessantly for my prescriptions for a nebulizer from my Dr up home. I have looked in everything I can think of and some things going paper by paper 3 times. If I haven't found it by Wednesday I'll call up home and tell them I've lost and see about them calling a new script into W algreens here. I know I saw it after we got down here. I've even looked in the ar more than once.

I had our annual meeting at our church up home at 12:30 by conference call. Thank goodness I had asked that someone take notes on that end. I could hear the moderator fine but lost most other things. I have bits and pieces so hopefully the writer and I can put it all together. Meeting lasted until 1:04 so only about 30 minutes. They had a meal there and all had to get situated before we began. Asked where ours was but it was a no go. Know it's very cold up there.

Finally got our card from pen pal (she and I have written since I was 11) yesterday. Was going to kid her about the postage due -that was until I got her letter. It was a letter describing their year and the card -one like I've never seen for her dh's funeral. He'd been diagnosed in April with stage 4 liver cancer. He passed away Dec 21st -just 6 days before their 60th anniversary. Need to get a letter written back to her -she doesn't do computer. We did drive out there and met them (Hannibal/Palmyra Mo) about 9 1/2 years ago. So glad we finally got to meet face to face. Our lives have so paralleled each other. I had lots of pen pals at one time but she was the only one where we really clicked.

DD's in doing her taxes and not sounding too happy. She had figured that even though her dh worked in NY for several months last year, they would be getting back what he'd paid in for taxes. Not. They still owe NY State unfortunately.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:39 pm

It's the same here, Harmony. Really nasty out there and as you said we're also thankful it's not snow.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:42 pm

LadyM, what about DGD while you are all away?

Ugh. I don't know. DGD7 is too young to be included in this type of trip. I am hoping DD will be back in full-time Mom mode by then. If not, we will figure something out when it gets closer to the trip.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:17 pm

I loaded the vine in the trailer.
And walked the dog around the block.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:31 pm

We are in waiting for our flight home. I am just feeling tired and somewhat dispirited. Will post more tomorrow. Has been a busy noisy trip and the neuralgia in my face has kicked in.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:15 pm

LadyM: is there any chance she could have a special holiday with her uncle while you were in NYC?

I don't think I've accomplished a thing since I last posted except for heating up my dinner and folding and putting away my clothes, but not dh's.

I think I'm avoiding the finances because I'm sick of them.

Did handle a phone call from an exec. member. And I put in an order for a file organization kit (see the papertamers thread), a reusable sticker kit for dgsM2 and a couple of add-ons (watch battery for a favourite watch that I thought I'd lost but found in a purse I used on Friday that had been stored away for the last two years.) I also looked into ordering a number of my bullet journal journals. I have black, red and blue so was hoping for another colour.

I'll need another in November and like to have it by the summer so I can start the migration. A-river let me know there's a purple cover as well as the rare green cover I already knew about. Of course, that costs 2x the regular price plus shipping. So I got distracted in the middle of the A-river order, looking for it elsewhere, then signing up with an office supply company to get a discounted price before discovering I'd have to buy 7 to get the free shipping ($10 otherwise) and they didn't have the purple so eventually I gave up and shut all those browser windows and put in the order at A-river for just the first three items.

Living with ADD is tiring at times!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:33 pm

good night sweet ladies
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:44 pm

LadyM: is there any chance she could have a special holiday with her uncle while you were in NYC?

Oooohhh! I like that idea! I didn't think of it because it would mean DGD7 would miss a week of school. But I don't think that would be a problem because DGD7 is top of her class. I think she could easily recover from the missed school. Hopefully, it won't be necessary.

I just got home from delivering DS10 friend to his home. The boys played outside for hours this afternoon. I'm thankful they had good weather for it.

Because I have been emotionally/mentally overwhelmed I decided to focus on the daily essentials. I modified my SHE cards by separating all the daily cards from other frequency. Once I got the daily cards in their own worksheet then I started the process of assigning what order the cards are to be done. I have the first 27 daily items in the order that I do them when I wake up. These essential cards take me about 61 minutes. I have timed some of these cards and have an estimated time to complete on the others.
1. Know what you want.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:38 pm

Out of desperation, I recently modified our paper filing system. Calling it a system is probably really stretching it. I had to do SOMETHING with all the papers stacked here and there. I can't just throw them away without going through them. I can't leave them laying out to be lost or something spilled on them. I don't have time right now to deal with them. So......

<<<groan>>>> I can't believe I'm actually admitting to this.....

** I throw into the trash 90% of all mail without opening it. Important mail puts their return address. Tax-related or medical papers always have their returned address. Junk mail doesn't have a return address (in most cases). I have zero tolerance for ads.

** When a paper comes into the house & absolutely requires action then that paper is hung on the refrigerator (using magnets). That way it is in our face all the time until it is handled.

** All other papers get tossed into a footstool. The footstool has a removable lid and is easily accessed in our living room. Papers are naturally "filed" by date. Newest papers are on top as they are dropped into the footstool.

** At the end of the year all papers are removed from the footstool and put into a plastic tub which has the year label on it. These plastic tubs are easily stacked. Each plastic tub has one year worth of papers. Thankfully I have been able to find what I need with minimum effort. My paper system doesn't have folders and isn't pretty but I haven't lost any papers..... So far.....
1. Know what you want.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:58 pm

Speaking of spilling things on papers.....

I had three soda cans on my desk. Apparently one of them wasn't empty and the unexpected weight caused it to drop and spill from my hand.

It fell onto the desk surface which isn't completely covered at the moment, so not much got wet, but then it dripped down onto my keyboard shelf and external keyboard. So that is now upside down on a cooling rack, hopefully drying out. It was a can of soda water so perhaps I'll get lucky.

I've moved my laptop onto the keyboard shelf and turned off its monitor so I can just use the large monitor above it (normally by laptop is in a stand to the right of the large monitor and my computer desktop is spread across the two screens.)

I'm off to bed because things aren't going well and it will be better after a sleep.

Return to “Post When You Can”