Home Sweet Home Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Home Sweet Home Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:36 am

I'm so happy to be home. I love my home. I love the quiet, I love the simplicity, I love the comfort of my home.

What do you love about your home? What would you change if you could? What is it possible to change?

I feel like Harriet's fainting goat out among so many people this weekend. I'm savoring Home Sweet Home today.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Home Sweet Home Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:49 am

Maybe should say I'm savoring Home Sweet Home as much as possible today. I need to be out and about some, but like Harriet, I'm scooting for home as much as possible.

DD is coming with my car so I can take her to get rental car - remember she rear-ended a car last week and her car is still in ATL, probably totaled. That will be around 10ish.

I need to pick up bagels for the meal of consolation at the temple this evening, that will follow a celebration of life service for the member who died on Friday. Those need to be at the temple by one p.m. I also need to go to the grocery store - we need milk, coffee, I don't know what else at this point. We are maybe getting snow early tomorrow a.m. so grocery store will be packed. Better to get there as early as possible too.

I'll be back at the temple at 4:30 for the service but I'm thinking I won't stay for the meals. I'm too "peopled" out, like Harriet and her fainting goats.

I need to have a good cry - maybe it will come today when I have some quiet moments here at "home sweet home" After two trips in two weeks with only three full days at home I feel like barricading myself inside like a hermit.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:01 am

I really didn't find this trip to be much fun. My trigeminal neuralgia in my face is kicking in, and I'm needing to take more meds, which is making me feel lousy. I was nauseated on the trip there, and got car sick going out to dinner on Thursday evening. Needed an a.m. nap on Friday because nauseated too. When I wasn't feeling nauseated I was just feeling "off." And I had to sit in the front seat of cars, which left having to interact more with driver to be polite.

I always forget how particular the hostess is about everything, and I feel nervous about sitting anything down or doing the wrong thing there. I left the refrigerator cracked while pouring milk for coffee a step away and she stopped to tut and close it. And their home, and guest room, is so cluttered it feels oppressive to me. There was hardly room to sit anything down in the guest bedroom. My night table didn't have room for anything but phone and glasses and CPAP went to floor.

And the worst part was just it was so noisy. They had another couple there and there were always conversations going and the TV going and just too too much.

The passing of the woman from our community really gets to me - I probably hadn't spoken to her more than a handful of times, but she was just so lovely and vibrant. She posted once, several years ago, that they would probably not have children because they both had fertility issues, then more than a year later she was pregnant and now has a two year old. I probably identify with her for that reason. Facebook has been full of beautiful photos of her.

So thankful I'm home. I also forgot my computer cord/charger and my next Best self journal which I was to start today. I hadn't started it except to put in name and contact info, and I have another here so that's not an issue but I will need my computer cord/charger very soon.

Just feeling down and out, and needing that down time. Got home from a week away last Sunday, then we had dd's accident, cancellation of my colonoscopy, and this trip. I need to stay home. A foot of snow would make me very happy!

I owe you all a SHEM:
There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.
Jane Austen

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:21 am

Welcome Home Twins!

I've been up and going strong since 5:30am. It feels sooooooooooo wonderful to feel good again. Hopefully, I can manage to dodge all the strep, colds, virus and flu germs going around.

DMom called this morning to tell me that DSis is going to take her to doctor appointment this afternoon. I think this is the first time that DSis has taken DMom to an appointment. DSis has strong feeling against any medical profession and refuses to go to the doctor. DSis is unemployed today so DMom is paying DSis to take her. >>>insert rolling eyes<<<< I think DMom is pleased with herself for coming up with this idea. DMom knows my plate is kinda full now and feels bad that her appointments adds to my schedule. DMom came up with a way for DSis to earn some money and for me to have one less thing to do today. Family. Gotta love 'em.......

DH is on jury duty this week. DH is my back-up for when my schedule has conflicts, so I have to remain aware that I operating without my backup. I was trying to think of the best solution in case I couldn't get back from taking DMom to her doctor appointment in time to get DGD7 from school today. But now that problem has been solved. I don't know how to handle getting DGD7 from school on Wednesday but I have a couple days to figure that out. I have a couple of possible solutions and just need to make contact with people to get them implemented.

Thinking of Harriet & HRH today. Hope the treatment goes smoothly.

I need to get back to homeschooling....
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:30 am

Morning...

Twins... sorry you’re all peoples out. It’s always a gamble when you stay with people. Thankfully most of my experiences have been good, but Sweetie hates staying with people except with my friend Twig. Not sure why that is but I think it’s because they are alike in many ways. Doesn’t hurt that Twig spent her career working and managing mostly men. She was also a sales rep and most all of her clients were men.

My arm is finally feeling better so I have several errands I need to run. It will be nice to get out of the house for a while.

My house needs some attention, but it will have to wait for awhile. In the meantime I will keep up with my footprints and doing some dusting. I need to strip my bed and put on fresh sheets. Sweetie is going to help.

Second cup of coffee is waiting and Perry’s on. Our temp will reach 74* with blouses skies. Sweeties brother as well as a friend of mine live in MN. They are expecting temps of -40. I can’t even comprehend that!

Y’all have a great day...

LadyM... Thxs for reminding me abt Harriet and HRH. Hope all goes well for them.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:17 pm

home sweet home! what a nice way to start monday. I think I will be able to be here today!!! so excited!!!

d rose good morning! so glad your arm is feeling better
I know the weather is crazy isn't it. We had -18 below on saturday and they say it's going to be a hum dinger Wednesday! praying for you sweet Minnesota family to be safe and sound through the freeze!

hello d lady good morning! thrilled you feel wonderful again! what a blessing! so happy your d sis can take your d mom! I am sorry she won't go to the dr. she could save herself some yucky feeling days. happy schooling!

Dearest HRH praying for you and for your treatment!

Welcome home sweet Twins. I am so sorry your pain is at such a high level today! ((((praying for you to feel better))) I am grateful you are able to be home now. Feel the comfort of your home - enjoy- relax and have time for you! wishing you a good day. I am sending you a day you can savour with peace.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:30 pm

OK! I give up! I've looked and looked and looked (and some places more than 3 times) for those dratted nebulizer prescriptions. Beyond me whatever happened to them. I can't see any more places to look. I'll simply have to call the dr's office on Wednesday (she's only in Wed & Fri).

Glad you're home sweet home, Twins. Know how it is to get 'peopled' out. Glad things worked out today for you Lady M.

Think dd is beginning to get quite stressed over dsonil not having a job. Said last night she's about out of any savings. And that's with us buying just about all the groceries and other things. Don't know what she'd do if we weren't here this winter. Maybe it would spur dsonil to get out and pound the pavement? He just keeps waiting for the jobs to come to him. :roll: :? :(
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:06 pm

Twins: I was thinking of you and being away from home and how much I'd hate it. I also hate staying with others. If the place is cluttered, I'm uncomfortable. If the place is perfect, I feel I don't measure up. I'm glad you are home. I'm sorry today is so busy, but most especially, I'm sorry why it is so busy. Death is one thing, tragic loss at a young age is something else entirely. I was far less productive all weekend because I was dealing with the pending death and then loss of John.

Last week, I had decided to skip house blessing in order to focus on the office supplies and then paperwork. My contribution to the church annual report is done and sent in. But there's tons of other things that didn't get done.

Dh is on the phone with someone from the project that is not going well. I had to put on noise cancelling headphones because the volume of, and edge in his voice is pounding in my head.

It is noon here. I've done planning, formatted and emailed in the report, tidied the kitchen and bedroom, s2s, shaved the fuzz balls off my sweater, stripped and remade the bed with fresh sheets including a discussion over pillows (we were up to 7 plus a tiny decorative one.) Dh is currently using a feather one bought and rejected years ago. While away he had a feather pillow at the hotel and liked that one. He described it and I realized I could move yet another pillow from the spare bed to our bed.

He's been putting 3 rejected pillows on the floor beside him each night so today I moved 2 nice but not good for dh pillows back to the spare bed and will sub out some terrible cheap pillows. I think they'll go on the giveaway shelf. Hopefully someone can use them for a pet bed.

We're back to 5 pillows on our bed. We probably could get by with 4 but I like the arrangement of 5 (2 king in the back row, 2 standard in the middle, my knee pillow, then the decorative pillow.)

Laundry is started. I'm at a cross roads - do writing or houseblessing? There are dust bunnies on the floor in the bedroom. I hate that so maybe I'll at least get the bedroom wing done.

But first, Lunch!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:02 pm

Ugh I am stiff and achey today. Did get the trash dumped and last load of laundry from yesterday folded and put away. Cut pages I found for next mo. In my day planner. So at least it feel I have done some thing. It is foggy out here today 32* out now, 28 42 todays temp. Range.

H. Has farm ss retirement & tax act. Apt. Today had some stress. Sigh.
Off track with daily routines. Did most of em.
I need to exercise it will help aches I hope and stress relief did that too. Bs was up took meds and feeling less stiff now. Yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:40 pm

Got a LOL washed, dried, folded and put away. I've looked some more for those durned papers. Fixed lunch for dh and me. Took care of the dishes in the drainer and dh washed what was in the sink. Just browsed through the L akeside catalog that came today. Might be some things I want but can probably wait and have it shipped up home after dh gets up there.

Think now I'm going to go put a movie on and relax for a little while. Think dh and dsonil are going to Harbor F reight in about an hour. So I'll have an hour to myself.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”