Home Sweet Home Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Home Sweet Home Monday

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:06 pm

I decided to go to the store because I worry about the rest of the week. I had run out of some things I hadn't expected. everything is put away.
I have a freezer full and I feel comfortable with knowing it is. praying for that freezer not to break in that weather we are having wednesday.

I am trying to talk myself into finishing the weekly home blessing. I know I would be happier if I vacuumed the first floor and did a swish and swipe in powder room. dh probably won't be happy. I need to rinse the kitchen floor and the front hall.

ta ta for now.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:08 pm

Just found a report bug by sheer chance. I made simple formatting changes and looked at the report. Because there were no data changes, I just grabbed at random from the selection boxes. And found that if all the clients are no shows, the report is empty. Have to find out what the users want me to do in that situation. And I thought my afternoon task was going to be simple!

I need to add two DPCs to my list. If I had some info I need, I could do it now. Tonight, I should order my glasses and continue with the church webwork. Maybe I should do something active since dance class is cancelled.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:12 pm

Sweetie called to check in and had his phone apt. Via phone. One more apt. For him today.
I did my 15 min. Round on the branches br-r 36* out side. Loaded some and one more bunch to load in this batch in my next round.
My sis got a new job!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:33 pm

so happy to hear you d sis got a new job! what a blessing d nancy.
yay on your 15 minutes!

glad you found that d elizabeth and were able to fix that bug. hope you find something fun to do!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:36 pm

finished my home blessing. I didn't wash the first floor as tomorrow dh is changing the cat litter - or I may surprise him and get it done so he doesn't have to. This way I can wash the floor! so exciting 8-) :D

wishing you a great evening.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:49 pm

Welcome home Twins.

Condolences for your losses - Twins and Kathryn.

today - want to go to neighbouring village for yoga as yesterday's was canc for public holiday.
Today is first day of school for the new year. Someone is parked across my driveway. (the school is around the corner.)

poof to finish getting ready. pack cart. etc.

If time I'll do some more reading and responses. or dishes. :roll:

pooof
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:56 pm

You know, thinking about Barbie dolls... I never was much for creating clothes for mine, but to this day, sometimes I see packing materials (like the Styrofoam pieces that cushion electronics, etc) and I'll think, "That would make a great ____ (couch, hot tub, whatever) for a Barbie doll." My best friend and I spent hours playing with Barbies and neither of us ever had the fancy houses and things for them that kids get today; we had to improvise.

Today, I have actually been somewhat productive! Had to get busy with s2s as soon as I got up b/c the bug lady was coming. Realized I needed to do something with the vacuum cleaner, which had been in my closet doorway for four days. Finished vacuuming the bedroom and bathroom... put away the clothes that were hanging to dry on the closet door frame... s/s all the bathrooms... washed the pan and spoon that had been in the sink since yesterday... brought the garbage can back to the house... PLUS s2s!
After she left, dh and I went to pick up dgs, and ran errands to the bank, drug store, and gas station.
I think we are ready for the snow storm. ;)
It's funny, I wore a t-shirt and a very light jacket all day today. It was so sunny and nice, and it''s already clouding up and feels colder, although it's still 55 degrees. I think it was almost 60 earlier today... and then tonight... * whew * down to 25. NOTHING like those people in MN and Chicago and all that area, though, right? I cannot even imagine cold temps like that!

Doing laundry now. And cooking supper. DDIL is bringing us red beans and rice and Cajun rice from Popeye's and I'm doing fish fillets.

I'm also trying to decide if peel and stick wallpaper would work for that bathroom I've told y'all about, where the old wall paper has curled up and started separating from the wall. I got a catalog today that had some peel and stick "shiplap" wallpaper and dh said, "Yes, that would look good; I was just thinking we needed to do something in there. Order it." :shock: After all these years, he says we need to do something??? Whatever...
Have any of you had any experience with this stuff -- peel and stick, NOT pre-pasted.
It's from the L T D C ommodoties catalog, if any of you are familiar with that company. Their stuff is pretty cheap, but I'm thinking just about anything would be an improvement in this bathroom.
A roll, 20 1/1" x 216" is $29.99. My space is two strips of 96" x 23 1/2", (each side of the mirror) and 48" x 23" above the mirror.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:38 pm

Watched a bit ot net flicks a 50 min. Eposode of a series Medici of season two, then I headed back outside for another round of yard work the sun came out that was so good to see. Got all the branches loaded on the trailer, we can secure it and haul it off one of these weekends. I am so happy to have it loaded.

We will have another load later on but those have not been pruned or dug out yet.
It is coffee time! (__)P

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:04 pm

It's been good to read here today but never enough time to post. Lynlee I enjoyed your description. Twins' I wanted so much to post back to you this am but could not.

Still not headed home. Long day long story. Tobias will be appalled.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:19 pm

(((Harriet)))

Dinner is over but not cleaned up. Two oven pans, 2 plates, 2 glasses, I think they'll wait until the breakfast dishes tomorrow. Seems like a waste of water to even 1/3 fill the sink now.

I'm having trouble focusing. Real trouble. The week is slipping away from me (I'm out all day Wednesday and a lot of Thursday.) My muse is in hiding.

Printed off the February Declutter 365 calendar. At least 8 of the days are already done. Things like set up a recycle centre are just part of how we live. We have a dedicated centre in the kitchen that dh uses and I direct guests to. Each office desk has paper recycle next to it. Once a week, all those are emptied into bags in the laundry room that have handles for carrying it all downstairs. I put my cans directly into the can bag because it is handier for me to use it.

Return to “Post When You Can”