Home Sweet Home Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Home Sweet Home Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:50 pm

I'm booting my old computer up hoping it will work for a couple of days when the battery is gone on this one. I got the bagels for temple and got groceries for me, but came home and napped. I need to s2s before I go this afternoon, so I am going to work until 2:30, then break for a shower and assess whether I have more work time before I need to leave. I also need lunch.

My house is a mess. I just dropped groceries when I came in and put away perishables. We came in last night and just dropped everything. I haven't even sorted any laundry.

Thank you Kathryn. I'm thinking I won't stay for the meal after the celebration of life. Too many people. Speaking of pillows on the bed, this weekend we had three bed pillows, and there were five (!!!) decorative pillows and no where to put them except on the floor with all our stuff.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:57 pm

hello dear ones again.

d twins glad you had a nap! take your time today. be good to you!
you never know - they may have put them on the bed before you came for show. :D

hi d dee! you have been busy all morning! great job!
enjoy your time to yourself!

hi d nancy! i am sorry you are so achy and stiff today! ((for your dh's stress to reduce)))

hi d kathryn! it's great that you were able to work on paperwork last week!!! praying the project for your dh goes better! you have been busy too! I need to get to work.

hello to all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:08 pm

I have enjoyed sitting on my tushy too much this morning. desk is clean (but I hadn't planned on it)
dishes are now put away from dw, sink is clean, counters clean, stove clean again.
had lunch but now have to figure out exact points.
I had the low point soup - from kat's sister.... 1 can corn, 1 can black beans rinsed, 1 can tomatoes, 1 can mild jalapeños, 1 cup fat free low sodium chicken stock (or veggie), I put two chicken breasts deboned in. 1 - 19 ounce of red or green enchilada sauce, 1 tsp cumin. cooked together in instant pot 15 minutes. then added 1 can fat free refried beans (or as dh says... why didn't they fry them right the first time 8-) ). She adds 1/2 of a bar of half the fat cream cheese. shred chicken if using. i don't add the cream cheese bc of dairy intolerance for some in our family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPMB59GOZyw&t=193s

I top mine with red chopped onion, cilantro, for me plain greek yogurt.

okay time for worst jobs first. I loved my quiet this morning. have a great day. dh is out - he is getting tired of snow! I love it. Poor thing. he is getting cabin fever. we can't go anywhere this week bc of the freeze Wednesday but I will try to get him out next week to do or see something.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:10 pm

No progress except I'm fed. I'm going to wash up the dishes now.

I had gone to get my phone so I could listen to a preaching podcast while I worked and then got confused as to why I thought I could vacuum and listen at the same time, came to get my noise cancelling headphones, ended up checking reddit and then here and only now, 15 minutes later, I remembered I was to be washing dishes!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:16 pm

Took rx corre tive dose bs was up did 30 min. Feeling better now.
Getting off my tushie helped. Trash is dumped.
I am in a "mood" so glad I am the only one here lol.
I get "Peopled Out" too.

Thinking how I can use riced Califlour and sweet potato in a quiche.
And califlour pieces dipped in flour instead of tater tots for casserole.
Working on tweaking some meals for h type 2 eating.
Have jazz on seems to be helping.

It is time to fetch the mail.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:39 pm

Hi everyone! What do I like about my home? There is no one lying in wait to criticize everything I do or say! My x is the other woman's problem and my mom lives too far away to know what to complain about. Also, no dealing with roommates' noise or Martha Stewart expectations. (The one who insisted all the hangers in the closets had to match really annoyed me). Occasionally, I get complaints from the cats, but only on those rare times a food bowl goes empty. I consider that legitimate. I love, love, love living alone.

My neighbors are moving. I really dread this. My biggest fear is that someone who has joined the urban chickens fad will move in. Thinking about it brings a sick feeling to my stomach. We don't have a neighborhood association or any covenants and even if we did, most people are under the illusion that chickens are harmless. Really really really dreading this.

I have an unexpected free evening. Monday's dance class is not meeting for several weeks due to construction on damage to the dance studio from a roof leak. I am debating on calling someone for dinner.

This weekend, I made some progress on my webwork for church and got the needed shoes. The expedition to get glasses was a bust because the place with the sale is not in-network. I got the dessert made for the fund raising auction Sunday. I substituted gluten free flour so DD16 could eat some and it came out BETTER than usual. Tasted the same as always, but was easier to make them crunchy rather than soggy. Unexpected bonus. A very odd thing happened with my car. Last week, the check engine light was on, so I took it to the mechanics within walking distance. They got preliminary info, but needed more time to complete the assessment, which costs $99. The light remained on all week, until the day of the appointment. I showed up anyway, figuring that even if they cannot look at it, I still owe for the prior work. Nope. The ticket is still open and I am supposed to bring it in when/if the light comes on again. I cannot afford car trouble so I am grateful. I'm hoping the problem is GONE.

LadyMaverick: My childhood dolls never wore shoes. Their clothes came with them, but I never bothered. Get DGD a bunch of silk flower petals. These make marvelous fairy dresses. And fairies don't wear shoes!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:57 pm

Hi! Kathryn did your feel a mild earthquake in the past couple of hours? I heard there was one in Gatineau.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:20 pm

Cathy: No I didn't; must go look that up. Are you getting slammed with snow, or is that across the lake from you? Dh says it looks bad in Southern Ontario but I didn't ask for specifics.

I've got the dishes done and the bedroom wing vacuumed and half dusted. I was using the vacuum's dust attachment and sucked up a small flower decoration off of, I assume, the gf's clothes and an ear bud rubber bit. I have lots extra of those and the flower has been on my bureau for 2+ months so I'm not going to sweat it.

In cleaning out of drawers I keep finding things like specialized antique furniture leg sliders. I have no idea what they are coming off of but I've found 3 so far. None matching, of course. How long they've been in the drawer is another question. When we moved, we often just wrapped drawers in plastic wrap instead of emptying contents. I know one is likely decades old, judging from the container I found it in.

Today I worked on my winter jewelry box. It is falling apart (just a fancy cardboard one someone gave dd years ago) and I needed to fix a chain that was in trouble (it was fine but an angel charm got stuck on it, fortuitously because if it had not have attached itself to the chain when its clasp fell off, the angel would have been lost. We don't need any more fallen angels in this world so somehow it twisted itself on the chain. I had to pry it off, then add the clasp back on the charm and bend the hook back so that the clasp will stay put. Then I put the cross I usually have on it, back on the chain. I've been missing that cross from my rotation.

I listened to the first of three podcasts to help me with sermon prep while I folded laundry and did dishes.

I've watered the plants and refilled the humidifier (which I also filled this morning, it is very dry here.) I'm starting to sense the humidity level is going up. I know the furniture will absorb as much of the water vapour as possible for the first week or so. Things are so dry here, I can see the old glue disintegrating. When I get my act together more, I'll put wax on the furniture to protect it better. In the meantime, I'll run the humidifier day in and day out.

I'm having an afternoon tea break. No caffeine although I probably need the caffeine if I'm to work into the evening.

After the break, I'll finish the dusting and mop the bathroom floors. I think I might save the rest of the vacuuming and mopping for tomorrow.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:46 pm

We have really strong winds and it's really cold, but no snow yet. The bridge in Hamilton is really bad. Every where north of there has a lot of snow but we haven't gotten any yet. Some school buses have gone by my place, but not as many as usual.

We are having bacon and eggs and home fries for supper. The home fries are the leftover potatoes from last night with a few carrots that were on the plate. Dh ate the left over pork roast for lunch.

Dh is off work tomorrow because he has that appointment for the "consultation" for the scope for his bladder.

Just heard the traffic and weather. "Roads are fine all through the Niagara region but snow covered on the Toronto/Niagara bound Queen Elizabeth Way in Hamilton and Burlington and through Oakville and Toronto."
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:03 pm

hello!

hello d kathryn. podcast sounds nice! yay on dishes and bedroom vacuumed and dusted, working in your jewelry box, folding laundry,
How long they've been in the drawer is another question.
dh and I ask this of ourselves all the time :D

enjoy your tea break. I am going to have some raspberry tea. cheers to you.

hello d cathy,
stay safe and warm in those really strong winds and cold.
your dinners always sound lovely!
I will be thinking of your dh tomorrow and saying my prayers.
hope there wasn't a problem with the tremor or earth quake.

Hello d Elizabeth, praying you get nice neighbours.
praying your car doesn't cause you problems.

wishing everyone a nice evening

Return to “Post When You Can”