Tuesday trips?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Tuesday trips?

Postby CathyS » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:49 am

Hi!

We are NOT going to the Doctor's appointment today. Dh cleared the driveway from all the snow we got last night. A friend texted him and said Hamilton was a mess with lots of accidents.

The snow started just before 10 last night and we had snow up to the base of the screen door. Not enough to block the door. No drifting or blowing snow. It was a light, powder-y fluffy type of snow. Dh went to work because none of the guys from Hamilton were coming in. He doesn't know how long he will be there. "No accidents in the Niagara region. Wait times at the Peace Bridge is 15 minutes for cars with a 10 minute wait at the Rainbow bridge and Queenston-Lewiston." Thought I would let Dee know that little blurb from our local radio station.

No idea what we are having for supper tonight and I've been up almost 4 hours already. I guess my brain is frozen... LOL!! It's actually not that cold out here.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Re: Tuesday trips?

Postby Harriet » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:02 am

Hoping for no trips today, but there may be needs, and if so, perhaps I should consider errands. :? Rain needs to be watched, for sure, and it's tomorrow morning that will be the nail-biting one for driving here.

The heart's desire, as Dorothy said, in our own back yard. There's no place like home.

We here are so happy for normalcy today, even though it will include recuperation and catching-up.

Thanks so much for thoughts yesterday. It was a toughie, and although there were some explanations for the length of the day, a lot was still just a mystery. Halfway done with only 3 more monthly trips there and we are free. In a way, more than halfway done now, since the first time was 3 straight days, so we just passed the 5th out of 8 if you look at it that way. Yay!

I've been up since 7 with dd, who did a good job taking care of the house and animals last evening after she got home. This is her long day at school and work, with a meeting at 8:30 p.m.

Morning Daily Card well underway. Trash and recycling must be handled today for pick-up of both in the morning.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:56 am

Nooooooooo! no more trips for me for awhile! I shouldn't make it sound like the trip wasn't good at times. They are good friends, altho she is a little high-strung in her way of doing things. And their home is lovely, just a little cluttered in furniture and things for my taste.

I am giving myself a quiet day today. I need to go out to get dh's shirts to cleaners. We were "supposed" to have a little bit of snow this a.m. - schools, etc. are cancelled and we are getting colder weather - still not like some of you up north are getting.

There's no place like home.

From yesterday Lucylee mentioned the students:
I particularly keep thinking about the young teacher's students, and of course, her husband and child.
They have had grief counselors and therapists at the school beginning last Tuesday. One of the speakers yesterday was an exec with the school system who was the principal at the extraordinary school where the teacher was first hired. She shared some comments and tributes from kids at the school yesterday and there's been so many pictures on social media of notes to kids and comments. She was an inspired teacher. The "snowflake" project I mentioned yesterday was done by the entire school as part of the healing journey. Pictures on social media of those paper snowflakes in the air against the stained glass windows at our sanctuary are beautiful.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:02 am

Thanks, Cathy. Sure our 'boys' are getting ready once again. Know DS-R is dreading the fact his surgery will mean the loss of a lot of overtime and refereeing lacrosse for him. But the surgeon wasn't willing to wait any longer. And in the long run it's a good thing.

Dh & I are both fighting these colds -dd too. No idea how dsonil managed to catch it and give to all of us. But all 3 of us came down with it by Sunday morning. He had it last week. Just hoping it doesn't go to my chest.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:09 am

We got 3 inches of snow but expect that much again throughout the day.

I'm up. Finished breakfast. Need to shower and get dressed, then either finish my house blessing or start writing.

I still don't have a copy of the service so will send my sermon title in to the church secretary. And maybe ask MF what title he gave to the children's time.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:42 am

hello!!! no trips - dh does want to go to the local awful full fat coffee shop he loves. I said no on saturday. actually he woke me up asking and I found myself not as polite (no mean) as I normally would have been lol. It was a full out No. He laughed. Some was a little cranky lol - me!

I have to think about what I will do.

hello!!!
Glad your dd helped you d harriet.

Welcome home everyone!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:44 am

morning routine is done.
tonight it is supposed to be super cold. (tomorrow morning especially). so here is to keeping safe and warm and comfy to everyone.

hello d cathy, hello d kathryn, hello d dee, hello d twins, hello d harriet! hello d everyone.

a new day. gosh I love a new day!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:42 pm

Ok, I'm s2s now. I find showering completely exhausts me. I'm ready to return to bed. Thankfully, I made up the bed and tidied the room first thing this morning, so that made actual return to bed more of a deliberate action. So instead, I'm staring blankly at my computer screen, hoping to find some motivation and energy here.

We broke the all-time January snow record but only the record from the airport station. We still have to get another 10" to beat the all-time record, which is not in the forecast. Although, there are still 3 days left in the month and we're to get 4" of that today (1" already down and 3 forecasted.) So that's only 6" of snow, and lately, we've been getting at least that every couple of days.

We've also beat the all-time snow-pack record. We have a saying "It's too cold to snow" but that has not stopped the storms this year. As a result, the snow-pack hasn't had a chance to melt in between or during storms. We've got about 24" of snow on the ground.

Finally, because of the extreme cold, this has been the driest January on record. No problem believing that one.

I'm going for a walk around the building (inside) and hope I can reset my attitude or find my motivation lurking somewhere downstairs.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:14 pm

Good for you, Kathryn. Let us know if you find 'motivation' there. I've been wondering where it's hiding. I did manage to PUPA quite a few items -find myself counting as I go. Did put away the clean dishes and washed what dirty ones were in the sink. I waited so long for dsonil to be up and about before I went out there. Even laid down for a bit on the bed and read and snoozed for a few. Would have gone to the recliner in the living room but he was still in bed (aka recliner).

Now if I can find some MOJO I'll see what else I can manage to PUPA. The living area is in dire need of vacuuming -new dog sheds like crazy! But vacuuming is one thing I seem to be unable to do -at least with their heavy vac. So tempted to buy them a Roomba. Maybe next year. Especially with all the dog hairs. Dsonil did vacuum -maybe it was Friday.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:25 pm

hi d dee I have heard so many great things about the room bah and dog fur. my d nephew has 3 fur dogs all with hair and it does wonders.
hi d kathryn! the shower must be so warm and comfy that it makes you tired!

yesterday dh went out last night without telling me to check on the pipe (so the snow isn't hitting it - carbon monoxide). it was around 10 pm. he fell and kept falling in the snow - no gloves - its about 20 inches on that side of the house. since his cancer years ago his body is not strong like it used to be. he couldn't see where he was going for sure. (he said he could bc he had a flash light). He panicked. he didn't have his phone with him either. There isn't a side walk there. He was out there for 10 minutes or more and I didn't even know he was gone. He at first tried crawling to the front door. he finally got up after falling several times. if if would have been tonight he could have gotten horrible frost bite. I can see there is a lot that I need to start taking over without letting him be aware. He couldn't catch his breath and that's how I heard him come in. scared the wits out of him and me.

I did hire someone to plow out the driveway - expensive but now necessary. He is so stubborn and just does things. this weekend dd older and I will pull out the snow blower and I will figure it out. I use the mower but he has always done this.

So happy he is okay but it is making me rethink his work. I have to do it without making him feel like he can't. maybe catch the snow before it is bad- consistent and let him keep up on it when it is small. Scared the wits out of me... I don't have that many wits to give out.

Return to “Post When You Can”