Tuesday trips?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Tuesday trips?

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:26 pm

changed the cat litter, switched the laundry. did a clutter anti procrastination check
took down a christmas plaque that I kept forgetting about.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:28 pm

Break time for me. I started my day before 6am and haven't paused until now.

I am really liking the change to the SHE cards. I am focusing on dailies and am trying to get them into groups and order of doing the cards. One card leads to the next card...the next card.... I only allow cards for things that I forget to do. I might remember to do that item a few times without a reminder but I want consistency.

Homeschool has gone smoothly this morning. Today DS10 used the last page of the notebook that he writes words from the dictionary (aka vocabulary/spelling) which prompted me to look back through the notebook pages. It is such a joy to look back and see the progress DS10 is making. WOW! I am very proud of him.

I have both Instant Pots going because I couldn't fit everything into one pot. I made meatloaf and am cooking 2 types of potatoes. I'll add a green salad and another vegetable when it's time to serve the food.

DH is off jury duty today but will have to report there tomorrow again. DH has volunteered to get DS10 and DGD7 to their piano lessons and to pick DGD7 up from school this afternoon. This allows me to go to the Y this afternoon. WhoooHOOO!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:33 pm

I had envisaged a trip to the library and for groceries today,
however
sleep lasted about an hour.
I waited a while. loo trips
read for an hour or so
got up and rumbled about on line after a milk based drink.
I'll go try again.
There are a few hours left of the night.

ikwym Kathryn about after showering fatigue as I used be the same. Especially if I'd washed my hair.
Now I take the sit down bath option. That the shower head doesn't now hook up was part of that solution, but that is another story.

Commiserations on all the snow, all effected. and affected by circumstances beyond your control.
((Blessed and DH)) scary stuff.

Tuesday not in order done: its just the order my list happened.
yoga, home, dishes, bins out, fridge stuff to go out, recycling out, finish rdg and writing, fish tank glass, rip fish dealt with, yard weeding, walk, 5 extras to bin, after dinner bag walked out to bin.
I ended up in bed in a timely manner.
pooof to try again.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:43 pm

Met my new neighbor. The husband. He was out there first thing this morning shoveling his entire driveway. I looked out a while ago and his SUV was parked in the field across the street and his car-hidden-under-a-tarp had been moved over. I walked over and told him he could park in our driveway. He said they have a large moving van coming today with some of their stuff. They move in on or before April 1st. Meanwhile they have taken the entire upper floor back to the studs and ripped up all of the 1960's wood flooring. They are redoing every room. Closets are gone. Built ins are gone. He wants to have garden boxes and grow his own vegetables. This will be an interesting summer.

Dh wants to go out for supper somewhere. We both want Chinese. Dh has a tire delivery later today. It's in the opposite direction from the tire delivery.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:45 pm

Hi everyone! No Tuesday trips for me, unless you count my usual commute. I got nada done on my list last night. I had to take the cough medicine that puts me to sleep and I am still tired now. I did get a LOL run, but it dried after I was in bed, so not put away. This morning was the last am dose of eye meds for Alfie. One more dose tonight and we are DONE! His nickname is Burrito Kitty now, because I have to wrap him up to medicate him.

I did get to the grocery store. I am making an effort to try new foods, especially vegetable based foods. I would like to try one new thing per week. So far, the two things I have made have fed the trash can. I was able to eat the squash-spaghetti last time, but did not keep any, because I knew I would not want it again. The roasted cabbage last night, I could get a couple of bites down, but it was difficult. It wasn't great, but didn't taste awful. I started gagging on it after a few bites and know from experience some things just won't go/stay down. I just don't do new foods well.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:49 pm

I have done most of a.m. routine and have laundry underway. I walked the ddog too so she is happier.

-make the bed
-straighten up bedroom and master bath
-continue with laundry
-continue with puttering around ;)

Trying to figure out what I want for lunch.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:52 pm

(blessed) Your DH was so fortunate he didn't freeze out there unable to get in. How scary.

Our husbands don't really like to stop what they think they should be doing. DH was up sitting inside a lady's trusses watching the underside of her metal roof on Sunday. :o She just called us again and I gave her the name of our metal roofer to see if he could help. The guy she called to do the fix DH suggested took offense at her telling him what some other person wanted her to do so he wouldn't do it. :roll: She knows our situation, and understands, and since she's our age can't do this stuff herself and calls us anyway. I wish people would quit calling us.

Waiting for CPA to call and say he's back so I can take my papers down to him. He was there for a bit this morning, but it was really early and I was still in my PJ's.

Dailies done. I have all my stuff ready to go when I get the call. 3 more stops. I hope he calls soon.

Can't believe how cold the rest of the country is. Chicago keeps making the news!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:58 pm

Got an email from our pastor up home asking for addresses for any former pastors I might have. I have two that we keep in touch with on a regular basis. The one in Indiana much more often though -probably at least 5 or 6 times a year. She and I are more 'sisters' than friends. So I sent the info I had. We're celebrating our 200th anniversary this year.

Missed wishing Mr. Helia a Happy Birthday yesterday.

Happy Anniversary to Mr. & Mrs. Lilac today!How was the weather the day you were married, Lilac?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:58 pm

Happy anniversary to Mr. & Mrs. Lilac!

(Today would have been my parents' 58th anniversary, btw. They had 52 together.)

Thank goodness I have no trips to make today, but guess what? Our snow was a complete bust. Not. A. Single. Flake. It rained some last night, and it is cold and windy today, but the sun is bright and the sky is blue as can be. DGS is so mad; he wanted to go to school today.

DH is doing his laundry thing today and I have helped a tiny bit, but mostly he is on his own. I've got to figure out how to keep my energy up. I s2s and went to the post office with him, ate my pb crackers and banana, and I felt pretty good.
Then I came home and ate an oatmeal granola bar (not the high protein kind, probably the high sugar kind :roll: ) and now I need a nap.
I'm keeping a food log and noting my energy level.
Speaking of shower fatigue -- my shower usually gets my day started off in a good way, but dmom constantly speaks of being exhausted by the time she gets her s2s completed.

Blessed! That WAS scary! Oh my goodness... (((Blessed & dh)))

Belated happy birthday to Mr. Helia. :D

(((Harmony & Mr. Harmony))) How annoying -- that one contractor would refuse to do the work because another contractor made a suggestion? That is ridiculous. He should be happy to have the job! Good grief.

Waving to all!
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:19 pm

I'm back home now. I chose to drive dh to the hospital for his appointment because otherwise he would want to walk it and I'm not allowing walking these days! The driving was hard enough, since the plows had not been keeping up with the snow on the main road the hospital is on. It was almost as bad as our side-street. The parkway was fine. I thought the federal government paid the city to do the parkway but I may be wrong, because the hospital road should have been as good as the parkway, or better.

After dropping dh at the hospital, I go wait at a nearby mall about 3 minutes down the road. There was a place there I thought was draperies only but it came up when I searched for fabric sellers. It is in the basement so I've never bothered to check it out. Turns out they sell fabric for draperies but also sell remnants. I was looking for something satiny to use for the enlarged pockets I want to make in my coat. For $2 I got exactly what I needed. Then she asked me to put the money in a charity jar they had so I added a $1.

Upstairs at a dollar-like store, I picked up some nicer vitamin dispensers for myself. I had bought some for dh so all his pills would go into one compartment (he used to have 3 bottles plus the dispenser on the counter.) I kept using our old ones, now only filling once a month but his were nicer because the compartments separate from the lids to make filling quick and simple.

So I've upgraded myself. And bought a pill splitter for my melatonin so I can return dd's.

Worked a little bit on the sermon before dh texted for a ride back.

Driving on the way home was a bit easier because plows had been through.

Dinner is burgers and fries. So that's on dh to make, not me.

So I should be cleaning or writing right now.

Return to “Post When You Can”