Weathering Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Weathering Wednesday

Postby lucylee » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:49 am

So glad your dh is feeling better, Lilac!

DH here keeps battling this sore throat/cough thing. He seemed like he felt pretty good today, though, and he and ds went off to College Town for a basketball game.

I have LOTS of ta-da's in their absence! ;)
* Inspired by Marie Kondo, I cleaned out 4 drawers and the cabinet space where coloring books, etc, are stored. Now I was only INSPIRED by Marie Kondo -- I did NOT do things her way. There is still a LOT of junk in those drawers... and a lot of coloring books that should have been tossed... but it's amazing how much I DID toss. And I found 3 puzzle pieces for one of the United States puzzles that we've been looking for for years!
* Dusted living areas and master bedroom
* Cleaned dh's shower
* Changed sheets
* Transferred Bush's funeral from DVR to DVD
* Went to church
* Kept dgd from 12:30-6:30, dgs from 3:00-6:30 (and fed them supper)
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:19 am

Lucylee - When I started to the KonMari thing I started with just socks and stockings. I had a fair idea which ones I wanted or not, before I started.
After that I did the categories of clothing in the order she suggests, but only the one category got brought out at a time.
No way would I set myself up by putting every stitch of clothing out in a heap at once. For a start, I wouldn't have a hope of finding all of each single category at a time, imo.
I do know of people that have successfully done it her way though.

Here the charity shops are saying "we are overwhelmed with your household clearout stuff. We can't take any more."
and "If its something you wouldn't give to a friend, send it to the dump, not to us."
It seems its down to Netflix.

Home from groups. Some interesting discussion.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:48 am

That is an EXCELLENT idea, Lynlee -- doing clothes in categories. Thanks!

DH and ds are still not home -- I'm not worried, just kinda surprised. The traffic may have been worse than they expected through all the construction zones, but they made great time getting there earlier. HOWEVER, I was driving last week coming through that area, and in the dark, it was already very confusing, even before detours were created. There is a huge construction zone in the biggest city in our state, and part of a major interstate is closed for 14 months. As the late Skip Carey (radio announcer for the Atlanta Braves) used to say, "those fun-loving folks at the DOT."

Here they are!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”