Weathering Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Weathering Wednesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:51 am

The weather is fierce for many of us today - bitter cold in North American. Call out to Lynlee: Are you way hot also? There's a NYTimes article today about Australia burning.

How do you "weather" the extremes?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Weathering Wednesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:59 am

I weather the extremes by hunkering down. Although my stepcount this month shows there's been a lot of hunkering down.

I'm up and fed, kitchen and bedroom tidied but I'm still in my robe. I printed off most of the docs regarding the AGM. I still have to do a hard-copy newsletter. There's no real news right now because we haven't planned the spring events. We have rough ideas but no dates.

I'm off on errands today. Shopping with ds at Costco for his big stock up and then I have at least a half dozen to do. It is a good day for errands, cold but not extreme, no snow, even a bit of sun. I have 3 or 4 stores to go to plus Costco, plus gassing up the car, and then car wash.

Dinner tonight is planned. Still eating out of the freezer. I did the February meal plan and only have to buy meat for 5 of the nights (we have meat every night.)

Tomorrow afternoon dh has another dentist appointment, then we'll run out to the villages for me to drop off the refugee accounting receipts so someone can audit them, plus visit my senior friend. I'm trying to pull together a photo collage of baby pics for her to put on her fridge. So that's another to-do along with my sermon writing.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:13 am

Tomorrow a.m. will actually be colder for us than this morning, and it's 22 degrees, which isn't really out of line for us for winter. But we've had a pretty mild winter so it feels cold!

I have body work at 10 a.m. - only an hour away so I think I will walk dMuffin later. She will have to live with it. She spent a few minutes outside already.

I am going to see dmom today and I'm not sure what else. I need to take glass recycling but might wait until tomorrow.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:40 am

Hi!

Stayed up until around 2:30 to finish a Lee Child book. Just as I was settling down to sleep, dh turned on the fan that blows on his feet. He didn't have his blanket on either. By the way, when I left the bedroom in my grey ensemble, dh was sitting on the couch in his underwear. He loves being cold and this time of the year with the sub zero temperatures is his favourite time of our winter season.

We are having spaghetti and meat sauce for supper. Roo is doing her morning routine. I have absolutely no plans to leave the house.

It is currently - 18 Celcius here. That is below 0 F. Inside the house it is 20 C.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:57 am

I'm sure glad I don't live in North Dakota right now. -56° wind chill. Wow.
DD was trying to help her students understand what that -55 wind chill meant. She told them when it's 45 here and no wind chill -that would equate to feeling 90 degrees colder than here. Their mouths dropped. :D I'm glad I'm in FL, cold though it may be for here.

Had an appointment for a perm today, but I'm still feeling poorly so had to cancel AGAIN! I'll call her when I'm finally well and not contagious. I'm sure it's catching as we 3 all had it 3 days after dsonil.

Was awake a good share of the night. Kept thinking of the cold and snow up home. And after all that, despite many, many schools being closed our schools on the west side of the city are all open. But right next to us across the county line all the schools are closed.

Told dh we might go to P ublix this afternoon if I feel better. They have a few BOGO's I want to pick up. This sale ends today.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:00 am

Morning...

I’m with you Cathy I love lee child’s. Which book did you just finish?

I too love the cold, especially when it comes to sleeping. I sleep with the window wide open most nights and even when I was young, slept with it open when the temps were below 20*.

The colder the room, the better I sleep. Have slept naked or nearly naked most of my life. Just a silky nighty or long sleeveless t-shirt if anything. When it’s cold out I set my electric blanket on high as I get ready for bed and immediately turn it off as soon as I get in. I keep a pair of long pj bottoms, zip up sweatshirt and slippers by the side of my bed that I put once as soon as I get out of bed.

Yesterday was a bust, but this morning I’m feeling much better. Going to the library and then a short stop at the pharmacy and grocery store. Need more first aid supplies for my arm and almon bread and cauliflower for my eating plan. May get my toes done as well.

Off to start my day. Second cup of coffee is waiting and Perry’s just showed up. Enjoy your day.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:20 am

it was -23 when I woke :shock: :lol: wow - they said on the news that our area felt like -54 with wind chill. well that will wake one up. 8-)

I too sleep better when the weather is cold d rose. always have!!!

d dee hope you start feeling better!

hi d cathy! lol re: your dh loving the cold so much! oh spaghetti sounds so good!

22 for Georgia wow d twins!!! enjoy your visit with your d mom!

stay warm and safe too d kathryn!

enjoy your day everyone.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:01 pm

Riding the bs roller coaster again. Sigh ... fighting this cold, & menopause double whammy.
2nd load in the washer.
Up on time
Journal & planning done.
Rx done.

Next up stat bike.
New low carb recipes to explore today adventure quiche.

Did 30 min. On stat bike while watching M. Kondo shaw the 1st epposide I have watched skipped ahead to empty nesters one, 12 min. In they had not sorted a thing. I went through and declared order in our home after kids moved out the 1st time prayer with a friend on the phone I was in tears.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:02 pm

I've been up and going since 5am. I am such a morning person. My energy level is high but OH BOY....the exact opposite occurs as it gets closer to night time. I can usually go full steam for 12 hours without a problem but after that, my energy level is hovering around zero. The days (like today) that I need to be going full steam for 16 hours are a challenge for me.

I developed 3 possible plans today to make sure DGD7 gets picked up from school.
Plan #1 - DH gets out of jury duty. He hasn't called so that means he is stuck there until released late in the day.
Plan #2 - VDNeighbor is able to pick up DGD7 from school.
Plan #3 - I don't take DS10 to his class so I can be here to get DGD7 from school

I talked to DNeighbor and she has agreed to get DGD7 from school today for us. So, Plan #3 won't have to be implemented today.

Homeschool is going smoothly. I have set the bar high for respectful behavior. I am all for playing around and having fun but there are a time and place for it. Raising an ODD (Oppositional defiant disorder) child requires clear guidelines/boundaries and lots of patience.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:17 pm

hello to both you d nancy and you d lady!

I am going off the computer rabbit hole - have a lovely morning
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”