Weathering Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Weathering Wednesday

Postby Harriet » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:07 pm

Hrh couldn't sleep last night and in paperwork/online discovered a forgotten appointment with a fnp family nurse practitioner this morning. It should have been cancelled by her office or by us but no one had. It still existed.

So by the time I got up he was absolutely planning to go because he wants so much to talk to someone about this sleeplessness. He always liked her anyhow and thought she was good. So all my plans out the window and off we went.

Personally I think we may still have been a surprise but we were on the list. Very good appointment with someone who listened carefully and gave thourough exam.

A few changes, good advice, lots of thinking. She has come up in my estimation.

But boy do I need to get home and try to remember where I was!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:14 pm

Time to get sheets back on the master bedroom matress.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:53 pm

RR~I finished 61 Hours early this morning and I have started "Worth dying for" because I needed to get the ending of the previous book out of my head. There is always a lot of death and destruction in a Jack Reacher story.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:12 pm

my washing machine water line froze. darn - at least it's a good reason for not doing laundry 8-)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:23 pm

Hello! We will be cold for another few days. But not bitterly cold. DH old hometown made the news today, with video of someone driving along showing the wind and snow. There's a lot of places I'm glad not to be! Haha I just heard a guy say chicago is colder than some places in Siberia!!

Dr. appointment with DH went smoothly. First thing they asked for a co-pay from last visit, and I told them No, that's not how the insurance works...so they are checking. DH was going to go ahead and pay it. I think they forgot to submit it correctly or they just haven't been paid yet and are jumping the gun.

Stopped at church to pick up my cards for this month. Updated calendar and cleaned off bulletin board. I've gone from 1 bulletin board to 1 with another small one...now this is getting too crowded.

Nearly the end of the month, so I did that work once I remembered.

I guess we're getting through this season, keeping the fireplace going.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:32 pm

I have the donnwannas today for sure. I had my massage and came back home and walked ddog before I settled in. Just went back out and saw dmom for a few minutes. She really can't carry on a conversation most of the time. Dfriend M needs a buddy to go to the Y at 3 p.m. so I'm going, kind of reluctantly but it will be good for me. I debated about seeing dmom - I have a runny nose, but I think it is weather related.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

hi d harriet. praying your dh sleeps better tonight (((HRH))))
So happy someone took the time to listen to him! That is such a blessing!
hoping you can have some "home time" today.

I am doing sheets today too... well I washed them yesterday but haven't put them on dd older bed - she comes for a day or two on most weekends and I thought I would do that for her.
happy putting sheets on the bed day nancy 8-) :D
yay on your day!

I can imagine being tired after 5 d lady!
glad your neighbour can pick up dgd7
well done on finding what works for your ds 10! good job

okay now time for finishing what I was doing in the family room - next sweep under couch - I was shocked that there is a little village under there. maybe a city would be the description I will use.

hi d harmony yes it was -23 this morning at -54 windchill where I live. it is -14 in chicago right now (actual temp not windchill). we have -7. Actually I am surprised as the lake is usually warmer in the winter than we are bc of the lake. it is usually cooler in the summer.
(people are loosing their power in our cold further north from us)

Hi d twins!!! (((it's hard when they can not carry on a conversation))) stay warm!

glad your dh's appointment went well.

check out Nick Ulivieri Photography he has some cool photos or

Barry Butler Photography https://www.facebook.com/barrybutlerphotography/

Posted 4 hours ago
...Dangerous Cold Will Persist Through Thursday Morning...

..."WIND CHILL WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON CST /1 PM EST/
THURSDAY...

* WHAT...Dangerously cold wind chills. Wind chills as low as 45 to
55 below zero this morning, and 35 to 50 below this afternoon
through Thursday morning.

* WHERE...Portions of and northwest Indiana and central, east
central, north central and northeast Illinois.Chicago

* WHEN...Until noon CST /1 PM EST/ Thursday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The dangerously cold wind chills could
cause frostbite on exposed skin in as little as 5 minutes. In
addition, the gusty winds will result in areas of blowing snow
in open areas through early afternoon, which could result in
significantly reduced visibility and hazardous travel."
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:14 pm

Sheets are all back on the beds no w.
I'm as lunch.
Working on the blanket I am crocheting all cozy now!
Made veg. Quiche for dinner, next cook up ranch chichen.
33* outside here now at 12:15

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:21 pm

Going from one thing to another. I'm pleased to be getting so much accomplished in a short amount of time.
** went to y and reached my step and activity goal for the day.
** took DS10 shoe shopping. It was a win-win. Found a pair of shoes that he needed and he said the shoes were his reward for achieving a math goal.
** meet DH for lunch on his lunch break from jury duty.
** passport pictures taken.

I'm waiting for DS10 to get out of Band class.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:29 pm

Hello. I'm taking a short break to rest my back and finish reading posts for the last couple of days. I thought I posted between the last time and now, but I guess not. I talk to myself all the time and thought I did here also. Maybe I need to make notes! :lol:

Twins' Mom and Katherine, I'm sorry to hear about each loss of friend/close acquaintances. Each person we know does affect our own lives.

Blessed, I'm so happy for you and your dfamily that your dh is safe after his fall outside.

RRose, it's good to hear that you are recovering well from your surgery.

Harriet, I'm glad you and dh got through another long day you were not expecting. I wish his reactions were easier on him.

Happy Anniversary to Lilac and DH!

Keeping an eye on this wacky weather; bitter cold in the north and excessive heat in the southern hemisphere. And I wish all the people who are ill here will feel better soon. This is the coldest weather I can remember for a few years here in Florida. Warm PJs and an extra blanket on the bed sure help.

Today is our oldest dson's 49th birthday. All those years seemed to fly by so quickly! And yesterday was dh's childhood best friend's birthday. I think he is one year younger than dh.

Ds#2 will be here tomorrow and Friday to do some maintenance jobs that need done on the house. He had two vacation days to use from last year or lose them and wanted to work here.

Lady M, when is your trip to NYC? I can't remember when you said. I hope this winter weather will be gone by then.

My teacup is empty. I best get back to finishing some weekly chores I wanted to get done before dson comes.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Return to “Post When You Can”