Weathering Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Weathering Wednesday

Postby Harmony » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:12 pm

LadyM, I would like to see that recipe. Sounds interesting.

CPA called, taxes finally done so I went down there and picked them up. New tax credits helped. After all the changes this year, and loss last year, and projects held over, etc. etc. we got this back..........drumroll.......... $5.00! And I thought we'd have a lot to pay this year. :lol:

I will go to post office tomorrow and mail the Corp. taxes. Personal taxes were submitted online. 37 pages. Plus the 10 or so information pages he gives us just for our own information... and copies of everything. I looked at them and don't understand any better than I usually do. Which is why I don't attempt this myself.

I'll bet I'm the first one in the village here to have this done. 8-)

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:17 pm

According to the WIVB ticker across the bottom of the Jeopardy screen tonight, absolutely everything is cancelled everywhere!! But there's a catch. Only some of the things are cancelled tomorrow and Friday. So you have to read all of it to make sure it's open Friday or just wait until next week to do anything in the Buffalo area.

I'm sorry, but it was a bit funny.

While I was making supper I started a nice fire in the fireplace. Dh keeps adding more and more wood. Now he's too hot in here, so he has gone out to the garage.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:22 pm

Exactly, RR. DD takes less pay over the months she works so she gets a pay check over the summer months -all money she worked for. You're so right!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:35 pm

Kids only stayed 40 minutes at church tonight.

I've had 3 extra kids here tonight.

Now DS10 is teaching DNeighbor how to connect and set up F*rtnight for her children. They are on the phone talking with several back/forth trips between their home and ours.

28 more minutes then i'm putting kids to bed. I am sooo looking forward to some down time. I don't know if I want to binge read, binge watch or simply go to sleep.

DH called and he is finally released from court today. He is headed home and has to be back in court (jury duty) at 8am tomorrow.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:28 pm

It is 6:30 dishwasher is going. H is fixing his lunch yea!
We enjoyed the new recipe veg. Quiche, and ranch chicken. Froze some did a double batch.
So glad I did not by ch. Nuggets at the store there is a recall on them.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:06 pm

I cleaned up the kitchen and then filled my new vitamin dispensers. Since I have a problem with taking my nightly vitamins in the morning, I put gold stars, for the sun, on the morning sections. Hopefully that will twig (and I won't think it is a night star!)

Our bedroom felt really warm when I walked into it. It isn't warmer at all than usual, it is just that I was working in the kitchen which is much cooler because of the cold west wind. The chandelier is swinging tonight.

I have emails to answer and then will head to bed.

I'm pleased I ran all the errands I had on my list for today but that totally exhausted me. At first I was worried I'm coming down with something but then I realized it was just that I can't do as much as I used to be able to do and it was a lot today. There was 2.5 hours of walking around Costco (it wasn't crowded, ds was just walking every aisle) and then another 2.5 hours of other errands and driving.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:30 am

I am still catching up... ...

Thinking how I can tweak the recipe blessed posted/linked Sunday of enchilada soup. It sounds very interesting and I agree with Harmony, sounds thick which is a good thing in winter.

I keep chipping away at the chores that have to be done. At times I am ahead of deadlines. At times barely meeting them.

Have appt for new tires tomorrow at 12:30. We tried to find a way someone could help and drop off the truck, but it isn't happening. I will end up sitting there reading a book - they say maybe only 2 hours. There's a story there.

We said "no" to a visit from extended family members Sunday because we are not supposed to have contact with children. They went to visit dstepson and dstepdil instead - a complete surprise - but were coughing a LOT. (another surprise) Yesterday dstepson and dstepdil were feeling "off" and are sick now. I can't believe direct contact with HRH was even considered, or that they didn't realize they shouldn't really be visiting at all.

Dstepson is royally irritated, too, because of course for he and dstepdil, getting sick means they must end any contact with us for the duration. They had intended to do the tire chore for us and no one would have to sit and wait, but now in addition to feeling so lousy they have to tell us we must be isolated from each other. Dstepson came to the driveway, called on his phone, and then waved at HRH from his car window. He smiled when he told HRH, but I understand from HRH he was not saying nice words about the situation ( :shock: ) .

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:36 am

Dh felt much better today. Said his throat was just barely sore. He had been planning on taking a drive to a lake 100 miles from here, to check on the camping conditions, etc. He decided to do that today. He left at 11 and was home by 4 ish. It was a very cold day here but nothing like up north, so I decided to just stay home and run errands tomorrow. Beau is such a daddy's boy and was so sad that dh left, he wouldn't even go outside the entire time he was gone. His new bed is about the size of a baby bed mattress and it sets on the large step platform outside the sliding doors into the sunroom. He laid there the entire time and watched the front door. He sure came to life when dh walked in the door and was so very happy.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:40 am

Weathering the cold pretty well here. It wasn’t windy today, and the sun was bright, so the cold temps, although waaay below my comfort zone, were bearable. I would have preferred to hunker down for the evening, but we had church so I did get out once after dark and I was glad to be home! I guess I weather the extremes by staying indoors and being thankful for good heat (and good ac in the summer!)

I just saw a video clip of Lake Michigan – so neat, the water was just rolling because of the extreme cold air hitting the right-at freezing water.
I had never heard of setting train tracks on fire, blessed! WOW!

Oh – I have now watched ALL the Marie Kondo episodes! I LOVED them. I do NOT want to pile ALL my clothes on the bed and ALL my books in the middle of the living room. That is just too extreme for me, and DH would have a fit… but I did enjoy watching all the shows. Ddil said she was put off a little by so much Japanese and subtitles, but I find Marie very calming, and I loved that. “Greeting the house” sounds a little wee bit supernatural to me, but I may just be being silly.

Confirming Rose’s answer re: teacher pay… exactly the same deal here in Alabama. Pay for 185 days, divided by 12 months. (I think teachers here work 185 days.) Before my time, teachers here did without checks during the summer months, and were eligible for unemployment benefits, (I think!) Sometimes, non-tenured coaches here have been released from their contracts for the summer months – in an effort to save money, or in hopes of finding someone to replace them, whatever – and then rehired in the fall. Fortunately, this never happened to dh. Another interesting note. When you are first hired, most likely during the summer, your contract here does not begin until Sept. 1… soooo… you get no check until Sept. 30! That’s a shock, too.

Well, WTG, Harmony! And congrats on getting $$ back! :D :lol: :D

(((Harriet))) That is ridiculous… relatives visiting and spreading germs all around, especially if they had any knowledge that HRH was in his current situation – I mean that should have put two and two together and thought about the fact that dstepson and his family needed to stay healthy to help y’all out. Shaking my head…
Tomorrow is another day.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:41 am

Oh Harriet, how can anyone be so thoughtless? I am so sorry this happened and now you are isolated from dstepson and dstepdil. Darn it!!!!

Return to “Post When You Can”