Anti Procrastination Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Anti Procrastination Thursday

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:24 pm

Just got a call from DD16. Her homework situation is not too bad, but she needs to go to a craft store for a school project. Since that is also one of my errands, win-win. I have written up where I am at payroll and what I need to do next. I have 6 minutes before leaving for carpool.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:46 pm

Also hoping bw2's ddog is doing okay now. Scary cold!

Sweet potatoes, black beans and rice! Yum!

Elizabeth has reminded me that I need to look into new glasses also...

I'm proud of Lady M's efforts as well as ds10's efforts. You are doing an amazing job yourself!

Therapy appt was good insights - I picked up a few groceries including an already made meat loaf for supper since I was getting home later in the afternoon. I never know when dh is getting home - I came in, walked the dog and then two more times around the block and he was already home.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:12 pm

Sunny and up to 52* hubby said. I walked the dog again we only had a med walk earlier.
Toasted sandwiches we a bit more fancy than our regular ones they were a hit for dinner with herbed cream cheese.& avacado and baby spinach on em.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:15 pm

LadyM - I think you are exactly the right inspired teacher for DS10. You are training yourself and DS10 for success.

Blessed - so glad you got to ddog in time.
I think its time to have an indoor dog toilet set up until outside is not so deadly. Hoping that is possible.

Hugs and prayers for all suffering with the weather.
Scary to think of conditions for those in 'difficult situations'. And the fire danger at the same time..

Yesterday when I got home I had a smoothy, lay down with legs up, read - some times - and that was it. Last thing I called the day done. bath away the sweat. etc and bed. The 4.30-5pm smoothy was evening meal.

January is over for me. I think I've achieved more than if I'd not taken the effort to start the checklists again, and make a list most days. Inspirational readings and a changing way to respond to that most days is helpful too. I opted to attempt for a more positive response, and am now acknowledging my individual challenges more as I do that.
Its easy to take the next line of my checklist charts into Feb. Some of the items are tweaked. I added 2 headings - to write a little about my day, in intention and review as well as the check list ticks.
Today I added some dreams for Feb, with things moving forward.

Helper came this morning. Some extra cleaning got done by me. Woven floor mats are tussling in washing machine atm. I must check on them. I hope they aren't too distressed. lol.
and work out a method to dry them 'flat'.

Waving to Nancy. Lunch is needed here.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:27 pm

Home and had a snack to make up for missing a proper dinner tonight. We ran out of time.

Dh's dental appointment ended up being an hour. Then we visited with our senior friend and I dropped off financial records. At that point we had 45 minutes to drive back into the city and park. Dh offered to stop at a Subway so I could eat in the car but I opted for my protein bar instead and then we munched at the oil presentation.

It was a tasting evening at The Unrefined Olive, an olive oil and balsamic vinegar store. They had bread and cheeses, some meat and fruit and veggies to snack on, then there was an information talk and finally the tasting time. We were each given a small bottle of whatever we wanted to have and could make purchases as well.

I really enjoyed myself. I've never tasted properly infused olive oil and some is quite amazing. We ended up opting for a blood orange oil and garlic oil for our bottles and I bought a sampler with herbs oil and basil oil plus traditional balsamic for dh (I don't like it) and a lemon one which is much sweeter that we'll try with fish or even on ice cream.

On the way home neither of us could imagine eating a dinner but I thought I'd like a bagel so we had those when we got home with a glass of milk.

I'm heading to bed now because I'm tired. Tomorrow is going to be a long day with the funeral in the morning and then I have to take the car to the tire shop because we had a low tire.

I'm tired of trying to convince dh we have a low tire. I noted when I got out of the car in the parking lot the tire looked low. He didn't think so, then was humouring me (since the garage we were in had a tire air station), and said he'd take care of it after the presentation.

When it was time to go home, he asked to do it at home because our garage is warm. I said only if the tire was above 20 psi. He didn't even want to test it. The fancy air station had the hose cut off so we used our car's pump. He gave in and it was at 15 then dh wanted to stop when it got to 20 psi because it was too cold and the pump wasn't registering the increase. I made him turn the pump back on and wait the 4 minutes it takes to do the job properly. Dh went to put the pump away when we got home but I pointed out I'll probably need it tomorrow.

We have bad tire problems but they are made worse by dh never paying attention to the tires, or even believing me when I suggest there's a problem. That tire has has been on my radar for over a week now. The car didn't always feel or sound right, and sometimes it felt like we had a square tire. But any of those can happen in extreme cold so I've been waiting and watching.

Since we have the long drive on Saturday and Sunday, I need to get the tire fixed tomorrow. I don't want to be stuck on the side of the highway.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:00 am

Pretty good day — loved dgs’s 1st grade play, then we all went to eat at Subway (his choice).
Sometimes he and dgd play together so nicely and it is just a joy to watch.

Dh is feeling exhausted and overwhelmed (all bc of his self-imposed to-do list) so I am praying for good travel for the weekend.

LadyM — a big, huge WTG for your efforts with dgs! You are totally amazing with him.
I might add, you also have a huge part in dgd’s success. I seriously doubt she would be getting that perfect attendance certificate or accomplish any of her other achievements if you were not in her life!

(((Kathryn))) Men.... they can be such... men.

Waving to all — posting on phone bc dh is on computer — hard to look back.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”