Anti Procrastination Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Anti Procrastination Thursday

Postby Harriet » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:02 pm

Hi to all.

otd soon to sit 2 hrs at tire place. Have book will travel. Will tell all later if I learn remarkable things.

Also AP day idea for me - across one not-too-busy street is a pharmacy and I can maybe get "buy new pill-cutter" off my list. Have a $1 off if I shop with them, so, hey, a dollar, right? And if I am bored (yes) it will be a destination to walk.

Dee, HRH knows a little about food companies in the region, and a LOT more about the diff between working for a company on the stock exchanges and one that's not. He experienced one that went from family owned onto stock exchange while he was with them, and watched it tank, as far as employee happiness. Had been a happy, safe and secure place to work while family owned. Later, frantic - such a downer. Glad dsonil could express his level of experience.

bbl

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:06 pm

I need to get my bottom up and about. I finally walked the ddog and need to get in the shower. Surely I can perform more anti procrastination tasks today?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:20 pm

Aha!, Harriet. Should have known. I do hope he feels better as the days go by. How long do you have to go yet? 3 months? Sure it's very hard to see his family through the windows.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:23 pm

I have done a round
made a call about Rx.
Dusted upstairs.
Suffered the floors.
On the stat bike now. Done.
Up to 34* here outside now.
Picked up after the dog in the back yard.
Brought in the mail.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:33 pm

Finished filing away the Residents' Association paperwork so that's off my desk. I had also moved my computer to the table while noting which packages go where and that left a dusty spot on my desk so I dusted that and tidied wires a bit.

I still have so much more to do for the residents' association it is overwhelming.

Dd texted me to day to say:
M just told me all about the details from the day at Centrepointe :) down to which colour chair you were each using in the library!

That was in early December. I babysat him at the library there while she had a doctor's appointment nearby, then we went to lunch and ds showed up as a surprise. I'm glad dgsM2 remembers it, it was a very good day!

Unfortunately, that text reminds me another week has gone by and I haven't had an adventure with him yet since the baby was born. I think the next time I'll have time free to see him is Sunday after we get back from being up the Valley. And then he's sleeping over on Monday night and spending the day on Tuesday (but his mom and the baby will be here for that.)

The weather has been so foul, it has either been too cold or too dangerous driving to go do things. I do want to make sure we book the train ride for next month. This morning dh asked if we are going to Winnipeg for a weekend in March (family party.) Yes, we both had forgotten that and I have to get the tickets and hotel booked for it before it is too late.

There's another task to add to my bullet journal so I'll at least not lose sight of it.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:50 pm

Praying right at the moment for DS-A and fire crews. They were called to a trailer fire and it was fully engulfed -they're in the process of trying to evacuate nearby trailers -and now there's 2 on fire. Sure they were trying to thaw pipes underneath. Know DS just called for the rescue squad to respond. It amazes me that we can listen to what's happening 1300 miles away! Just hoping for everyone to get out safe. It's so very cold there. (as in many places & I'm sure this scene is replaying in lots of locations in these frigid temps). They have a very good 'piggy back' mutual aid system in place so there's upwards of 10 companies either responding to the scene or filling in for those who have gone. Know ds asked for a 'warming bus' to be sent from the nearby city's fleet. I'm sure getting water is a huge problem today. Temp is at 6 right now and going down. Know the dispatcher is letting ds-A know every 5 minutes what their time at the scene is -sure because of being exposed.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:10 pm

I've s2s and made the bed. Progress! Also changed battery in smoke alarm. It started right after I got dressed from shower and I haven't been able to move since because ddog has been under my feet panting.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:25 pm

Holding DsA and his crew in prayer along with Dee.

Lunch is done, photo sheet is done, trying to it print now. Added all my to-dos to my bullet journal.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:29 pm

Just puts in my mind to think and pray for all those responders out there, Kathryn. Whether they be law enforcement, fire, tow truck drivers, plow drivers -so many get injured in the line of duty -especially with it this cold! Think they at least have it under control, but so many things to do even after the fire is knocked down. Know they brought in a 'warming bus' and a nearby fire department had their auxiliary at the firehouse to fulfill any needs they could.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:53 pm

I’ve been working around the house most of the morning. Since I couldn’t use my arm much my schedule got a little out of wack. Should be back to my regular schedule by Monday.

Just got finished making low carb bagels which turned out pretty tasty. Much better than my oopsie bread.

Gonna get cleansed up then it’s off to get my toes done. They need it ...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”