Anti Procrastination Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Anti Procrastination Thursday

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:24 am

What's that OMM task that you've been "meaning" to do? Do you have a list going somewhere with some job that keeps getting overlooked? Today's the day! Buckle down and get it done!

While we're at it, what's your best tip for overcoming procrastination?

(Do we usually do anti procrastination on Wednesday? Sorry but I need to do some of that stuff!)

Today the daily declutter (which I haven't been following) is to purge water bottles and plastic cups. That is quite timely for me since dh seems to bring home more almost daily.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Anti Procrastination Thursday

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:51 am

I have to go on our bank's site and set up the transfer ability -want to do that before it becomes a 'procrastination' thing so I guess that's 'anti-procrastination'. When I sat down here there was a second thing I knew I had to do and it's completely gone from my mind. :? It'll come back to me. First I listed the steps to getting this task done so will be at that momentarily.

Dh and I were both up and about around midnight. I just couldn't lie in the bed any more. Finally came out and played a few hands of free cell and then went back to bed and slept. Did hear dh coughing several times during the night though. Woohoo for me I did find our bag of cold type meds. Got him out a m ucinex and I took regular cold med. I felt really good when I got up until just before breakfast then felt like I needed a break.

Still haven't found the sheets with my prescription for the nebulizer. About to give it up as a lost cause. I've looked so many places and most two and three times. (thinking I just overlooked it).
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:04 am

First job done, actually two! The pantry door has been hitting "something" when it closes - although it does close completely - and I hadn't found it. So I took out the lower IKEA "basket" set to see if that was it. While I had it out, I swept the pantry and got out the bottle of peppermint flavoring that had fallen into the back of the closet, AND I swept out the dog fur tumbleweeds too.

Only thing on the schedule today is appt with therapist at 3 p.m.

Dee, it will turn up as soon as you call the doc up north!

Doing that one little job has got me thinking about my small pantry. It's only 30 inches wide, barely wider than the door. We had the trash in the bottom of it up until maybe a year ago - probably longer. So I put the IKEA drawer thing in it to add storage in the bottom because I didn't want to do anything permanent and might move trash back. The pantry has an electrical outlet in it in theory I could get the large toaster oven, which we rarely use, off the kitchen counter. I'm wondering if it's time to add permanent shelving in the bottom and improve the upper shelves so they can be adjusted. I have additional overflow pantry stuff in the garage.

There's also the closet that we've never utilized well that I've been thinking on as long as we've lived here. It's by the garage door and could be used for coats but have the bottom only used with a file cabinet and big dog food bin side by side, then the printer sitting on the file cabinet. There's only one tall shelf besides that so the closet isn't used to its best potential. One of our neighbors with the same floor plan told me she put shelves in it for pantry and I think uses the smaller kitchen pantry for kitchen items?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:08 am

Dee, it will turn up as soon as you call the doc up north!
Don't I know it! ;) ;)

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:11 am

Hi!

Garbage is out. Recycling bag is too light right now and it's very windy, so it can wait until next week. I guess my procrastination thing was that I had not emptied the 4 small garbage cans around the house for a while, so that got done this morning. I also threw out the flowers that dh bought me at least 3 weeks ago. He had been adding water to the vase so I hadn't been paying too much attention to the actual condition the flowers were in. They probably should have gone last week. They are now gone.

Based on what I am seeing in the very bright sunshine, I think I had better go around and swipe at the various cobwebs.

Supper tonight will be butter chicken and rice with some sort of veggie on the side.

I have been up for 3 hours and I am fully dressed in layers with a long sleeved thermal undershirt on. I really don't want to do the dishes that need to be done in the sink, but I am a little bit bored, so it looks like that is up next on my non-existent l!$+.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:32 am

I'm thankful my sleep is maintaining my 7-hour goal. I like having the average sleep time available so I don't get distracted by the nights that I sleep more or less than the goal.

I made breakfast (Omelets and toast) for everyone this morning. Everyone except me. I'm experimenting with IF (intermittent fasting)
DD came at 7am this morning and spent some time with DGD7 and then took her to school.
DH was out the door by 7:30am to get to his jury duty gig.
DS10 was at the piano by 8:00am to start his homeschool assignments for the day.

I have the Instant Pot going with BBQ ribs. I'll add potatoes, green salad, and vegetables when time to serve that meal.

I miss Helia posting.

SHE cards continue to be used daily and bring me a feeling of satisfaction since I switched them around and did a different organization and grouping.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:44 am

hello dear ones!

I let the poor old dog out this morning before checking the temps - she was out 2 minutes at most. i just ran to the bathroom. - I found her laying on her side with her feet up and not able to catch her breath. She is 56 lbs. i carried her inside and put a light blanket on, rub her feet and she slowly caught her breath. she is ok now but even though she wants to go out I think i am willing to risk her going to the bathroom in the house. I know our temps are going slowly to 0. I checked the thermometer and it was -22 without wind chill. Scared the begebeeze out me. She is okay now; thank goodness. a half an hour north of of us the news said it was -30.

everyone stay safe today!! talk to you soon.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:08 pm

Oh, Blessed! What a scare!

I'm progressing quite well this morning on OMM stuff.

I got the mass email sent to the residents' association. And I think everything is printed now so I can send out the paper copies. I just need to collate those and then mark the bundles with the apartment numbers and deliver or deliver to the building reps.

I have the opening and closing of the sermon written out by hand and I'm dying to get to work on that but first I have to get this other stuff done.

A load of laundry is done, the kitchen and bedroom and tidy. I just realized I have to change into different clothes for when I go out this afternoon because we have an evening event and I won't be home to change in between.

We have to leave in under 4 hours so I need to keep my nose to the grindstone. I'll post again on my next break.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:19 pm

Well did two 'anti-procrastination' tasks. Sent a note to my Doctor's office to see about a new script for the nebulizer. NOW it'll show up I'm sure! :( My cold is better but dh isn't sounding so well. Also had to set up an account for transferring funds and I think that's done.

Sun is shining here but cool -but nothing like any of you up north are getting. Too scary, Blessed! Saw a post from a friend this morning that the one college very near us up home is open today. Every other school and college in the area is CLOSED. Problem is students walking to far flung classes in the weather they're having. Praying for everyone in the deep freeze to stay safe and warm.

I need to get busy and do SOMETHING -just don't know what yet. Dh finally finished a puzzle last night that we started probably last Feb/March. It was a doozy! Going to snap a pic before he finally takes it apart. He's so bored -especially with us being sick.

At least the atmosphere around here is much cheerier with dsonil's new job. The only thing left is his background check and that's always been fine. Had his drug test yesterday. And Harriet, how did you know it's a "Mom & Pop" type of business? But it sounds better than most of the big corporate ones. Think they handle mostly frozen sea food type. He's in refrigeration. He had a test and HR said he missed 9 and he couldn't figure out how that could be -he's had nearly 40 years experience. But she went back over them verbally and he got them all correct. He's a terrible 'test taker' hands down!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:25 pm

I caught my dog burrowing under the covers this morning, it is not that cold out. 29* ro 41* our temo. Range today.
I have on my pinguin P. J.s. slept well bs is great yea!
Hydration reminder I got a leg cramp this week.
Did my anti p stuff Wed. Got the sheets washed & desk duty done just before bed.
Waving to all I need to get on the stat bike.
Qt , Journal & planning done.
Waving to all sending you watprm thoughts.

MK method not for me glad we did it the way we have been last summer feel good to be decluttered.

Return to “Post When You Can”