First Friday In February

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

First Friday In February

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:25 am

It's another first!

What will/have you make/made of it?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: First Friday In February

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:32 am

For me it is final or funeral, Friday.

I'm dawdling as a result and just doing tea, chocolate and light therapy now. I'm dressed and the bedroom is tidied. I reorganized two drawers because I couldn't wait until I circle back to clothes for the full reorganization. I was tired of struggling to put things neatly into my underwear and long underwear drawers.

Sermon and service await my working on them. I'm not too far behind on this, it just feels that way. I think the funeral will give me clarity and focus. At the moment John's death is muddling me because the passages I'm preaching on were personified in John. So I need closure.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:41 am

IKWYM, Kathryn. (((Hugs))) Monday's "celebration of life" was good for me.

I will try for genealogy work today. I've definitely lost my mo jo.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:56 am

the day is off to a good start here.

DD came and got DGD7 this morning to spend a couple hours with her. One week ago DD was in court to get a divorce. Today DD leaves on a 3 day trip with a man she now in a relationship with. DD says things are going to change when she returns from this trip. She is going to only work one job and spend more time with DGD7.

DH continues with jury duty. He can't talk about the case he is on but I can tell by his expression that it isn't a pleasant case.

Homeschool is underway. We usually do a lighter day on Friday, especially after having such a good week.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:24 pm

Had breakfast with dbil/dsisil. We can see her downward procession with each passing week. Both their birthdays are this coming week. Plan to take them out for dinner late next week.

DD texted dh this morning to see if he'd "proctor" tests some of her students are taking tomorrow morning. This is an extra school time. It's for Solid Works. She isn't too hopeful that many of them will pass it the first time around, but at least they'll have the experience. The teacher's not allowed in the room while they test. She told her students she'd stop for donuts and oj on the way in tomorrow. Think there's only 6-8 students taking it. Wednesday dh is going to school with her. They have an early dismissal day and dd has a hockey game that dh will go to with her afterwards. Think kids get dismissed about noon one Wednesday for most months.

She and dh might take the 'puppy' downtown tonight for First Friday. Pup needs to walk around among crowds for her training. She's training to be a therapy dog.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:27 pm

Morning...

LadyM...when Sweetie has jury duty he couldn’t talk abt it either. Turned out it was a murder case. It went on for three weeks. The man was found guilty and was given the death sentence. Sweetie was asked to be the Forman, but refused, because he said he had great respect for the man that ended up being chosen.

I happened to come across an article in the newspaper at school concerning the trial so I figured out what was going on, but of course knew I could say nothing abt it to Sweetie. When the trial was finally over we were able to talk abt it. Sweetie is extremely smart, but more than that is the type of guy who can collect all the facts and then make a judgment with out becoming emotional and I admire him for that.

Many Years later Sweetie told me he had just figured out we had briefly met the man who was on trial. The man worked for the funeral home that the hospital called where my mil had died. He was the man who came and took her to the crematorium. No words were spoken to him except to thank him for his care. I asked Sweetie if this made a difference to him and he said no. Unlike myself, Sweeties thinking is very black and white, and told me the facts were so clear that the jury didn’t have much of a difficulty coming to judgement.

I do know the crime was very violent and I am still amazed that Sweetie did so well. I asked him if it was difficult to concent to the death penalty. He said no given the facts he was ok with it. What I found interesting was there were also seven women in the jury and they all agreed as well.

It was interesting to watch Sweetie during those three weeks. He was able to tell me at the beginning that it was a murder case so I had some idea of what was going on. We hadn’t been together very long at that point and for me I learned a lot about Sweeties moral compass, and I can say he is a very just man.

I have several errands to run. Need to jump into the shower first. It will be 70*+ here today.

Waving to y’all... off to start my day
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:54 pm

Morning Daily Card is done well. Through to put-away of laundry.

Declutter was in Kitchen and the counter looks so much better. Inspired by BookSaver's bright thoughts on decluttering today. If I can do more today, master closet will get any extra time since this is closet week.

I allowed Focus Cleaning to be in Kitchen, too, since Laundry area is up this week and it can lose a day.

On the Cardfile front (planning front), I've decided my personal shorthand will be L D C for these on any notepad I happen to use through the day. At end of day, if I only had time to jot what I did or plan to do, but was away from file, I can quickly transpose to the cards. That helped yesterday when I was away but still planning.

Someone is going grocery shopping today. Last night, HRH intended to be one going, but today he is feeling low, so it may be me alone or with dd. She is doing her work-from-home stint in her room but plans on a break soon.

LadyM, I didn't realize the jury duty had continued so long. I know this is not only time consuming and mentally draining for him but probably disheartening. A job that must remain thankless. I served on a case in which a policeman was accused of unnecessary violence, discharging his weapon dangerously, but illegal/scary actions had happened, but a minor did it, but the minor looked adult, etc. etc. A few moments can become so complicated to dissect, with all the "but what abouts", taking bystanders into account, difficult authority questions, and whether jurists can even determine who felt threatened when, or who was competent. I don't think I had a nice expression on my face for a long while. ((your dh))

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:20 pm

Back from a store run needed Rx , dog harness, and couple other things.
Walked the dog while I was out and about.
Got a new stylus trying it out now! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:30 pm

I took a long nap after dcleaning lady was gone. Yesterday talked with therapist and she suggested taking extra time to rest and relax and try to relieve this face pain/discomfort. I'm trying to balance some discomfort against the discomfort of taking these meds. And I realized that I will need a refill of the meds before I see the doc again and may face resistance because the script was written differently this time. So much hassle.

The day is beautiful outside and 55 degrees and I'm going to put on my shoes and walk a few laps around the neighborhood. I need some steps and the sunshine and warmer temps will do me good.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:36 pm

On our way to College Town.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”