Saturday Why?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Saturday Why?

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:22 pm

I went back to bed, bc I was up at 4. My schedule is off. I walked the dog. It is 48 * outside here and sunny. I am taking care of myself feeling a bit run down, or it might be bc of sleep pattern inurupted. I made deviled eggs. H. Is trying to put up bathroom lite fixtures. Saw a u tube that asked the why q. But was not a feel good one.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:29 pm

Hugs to those of us whose sleep schedules are off. Feel better.

Whys?
I think the big Whys rest on fluid Reasons that spread out, holding up lots of different areas of our lives. Having (1) accepted certain responsibilities or (2) vowed that certain truths about me will remain the same - those are two Reasons that spread out like fluid things, underpinning a lot. Why I care for my health, is a Why held up by "I've accepted responsibility", which also holds up Why I pay my taxes. Why I do way more for my husband than he even knows, is a Why held up by "I vowed certain truths about me will remain the same", which also holds up Why I teach at church.

Little whys shift around more, though. Why do I wear softened jeans that look the worse for wear? The reason for that might be comfort. But on another day it might be spite, if someone had dared to criticize my comfy jeans. Why won't I leave the kitchen at night without wiping up and running the dishwasher? The reason one night might be indignantly saying I'm a cleanly person. But on another night it (more truthfully?) might be fear, if I suspected small pests.

I have some "Why am I still doing this?" questions. A lot of those fall into a secondary category of "Why am I still not doing that?" Those are the ones that really get philosophical, having to do with chocolate, and paperwork and the email inbox.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:12 pm

That's a good question. Why I do the stuff I do in the house and recently all the paperwork cleaning out... is because I want my life to be easier. Sometimes I feel like I struggle against the constant work, the constant piles of paper and the work. So the push back against these things helps make my life easier.

Why I do so much stuff for DH, maybe I don't trust him completely. He'd let things slip for sure, the way he feels comfortable living is not the way I want to live. Why I continue to keep track of his medical stuff, his appointments, his Rx's... I don't want to live with the alternative.

Feels like a constant struggle though. I don't know how much progress I'm making with any of it. I just know that keeping on trying feels better than letting it all go.

(Twins). Who was it yesterday who said, "Men will be men". Yep. And I know what it feels like to be "pushed".

One more big folder gone through and sorted, throwing out of date stuff away. Took a couple hours.

DH called the range to my attention...yep, I knew it was coming. So all afternoon we worked on that. When he pulled it out I was instantly aware that cleaning what can be reached with the bottom drawer out is NOT the whole solution. There's the very edges beyond the sides of the drawer, the cabinet sides, the baseboards, the wall... and that took a lot of cleaning and scraping and rinsing.

We tackled the problem of the back burner not working...testing electric wires, etc. and we think the switches are good but the element is burned out and probably needs replaced. Expensive part.

I asked about us taking the front panel off so I could clean the inside of the window... so we tackled that and find that there are 4 panes of glass, and we could only access 3. Much scraping and washing and polishing and putting it all back together. Big job.

Asked about pulling the refrigerator out too so we tackled that next. Much vacuuming, scraping, washing, dusting, rinsing. All squeaky clean now. Except for the very top which I'll get with a ladder. Took all the pictures off the side and won't put them back. Some had fallen in the back.

So that's been my day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:16 pm

Waving hello from Sunday.

Why is there a need for balance in all things?
Ask a question, give an answer.
But if you take any answer the extreme view of the words of the answer, it is often wrong.
No time to explain the whys of how, part of my 'response' prayer about leaving the past that binds me behind, needs some exceptions. Some things / attitudes/ beliefs stand me in good stead for the future, others are ill advised to keep, and take a bit to dislodge.
I hope dear G*d knows which is witch.

poodf to bus to church
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:33 pm

Enjoy church, Lynlee!

We've made it up the valley. I'm waiting for the pizza to be ready now. I'm starving because I missed lunch in order to get us on the road faster.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:01 pm

At the hotel. Turned up the heat.

I'm ready for bed. Yes, I know it is coming up on 7!

I'm downloading podcasts for the drive home. The weather is supposed to be lovely but that means nothing. The drive was tense for the first hour and then less tense as long as you had no need to leave your lane (which, because of plows we did have to do) for the second hour. In total, including a long stop to buy a wheel torque wrench so we can just do the task ourselves in the future, the drive was just over 2.75 hours. Probably just 30 minutes longer than on a dry summer day.

Pizza was excellent. It is worth coming up for.

The hotel has changed breakfast so now it is just a light breakfast in the lobby. Before we got $5 each off breakfast in the restaurant so it added up to about $10 plus tip. Maybe we'll split a breakfast in the restaurant or go to a diner on the way to church.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:54 pm

I helped h with the lite fixture in the main bathroom, it is amazing how much brighter two more bulbs made it. The master bathroom lite project will have to wait for another weekend. I cooked up turkey sausage patties for tomorrow also. It was *53 here today.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:13 pm

Got the dessert party posted on Facebook and the mass email sent. It is always dodgy sending a mass email through hotel wifi. You never know what their cut-offs are for acceptable number of addressees in a message.

Now to clean up my email a little bit. My melatonin is under my tongue dissolving in prep for going to bed.

Return to “Post When You Can”