Sunday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Sunday PWYC

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:31 am

We had snow but not sticking 34* . It has been raining a lot today.

Lynlee

Re: Sunday PWYC

Postby Lynlee » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:19 am

Harmony - in the last 2 months there has been widespread drought, widespread bushfires, and an almost cyclone declared that brought rain down as far as Townsville before the monsoon trough arrived over the top of it, and has just stayed there. 10-12 or more inches of rain daily over the catchment area for weeks on end will do that. (cause record flooding). Further north 2 cyclones that both reformed for multiple trips across the northern cape also performed in Dec & Jan.

Kathryn - After you were in Cairns that year there were several people bitten by crocs in Cairns, near drains or gutters as Harmony mentioned. I was just glad you and Ken hadn't made it as a news story at the time.
Pool fences are mandatory here, but still crocodiles get into swimming pools.

Thanks for finding the new thread with that part of the story cut and pasted Harriet.
I liked the bit about the police car swept away, and the policemen clinging to trees until they could be rescued. The powers that be tend to be scathing when mere mortals get caught out like that. Sudden rises in water is a powerful thing. Maybe liked is the wrong word. I'm really glad they got out of there ok.

So glad Kathryn got home ok. And hopefully all are safe for another day.

yoga. lunch - chicken and mango salad is my splurge with lots of joyful freshness I don't get at home. group.
got caught in a sudden quick shower. pd rates. bought a little pig for the new year, and a timer to stay in the LR. It will be good for when there are time constraints to get moving. esp otd.
Missed a bus home and had 20 min sit time. reread 1st chapter of a book on TA I took for someone else who wasn't there today. I can see how I could perhaps look at things differently that could be helpful.
Walked home and it was hot and steamy. No sign of the shower that caught me in town here.
had a snack so now its time for a rest before I move again.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”