Sunday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Sunday PWYC

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:16 pm

Okay, it's 3:15 and our taxes are done and emailed off! Woohoo! We have a substantial refund coming back. Actually it's about $25 more than last year which is pretty good since dh's income was about $5,000 less in 2018 than '17.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:54 pm

I just happened to notice that Catnipper had posted last week over in Meals and Musings (or something like that). I read her post and realized it had been over 6 years since anyone has posted over there. Wonder how many other threads we have that are like that.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:07 pm

Dishwasher has been unloaded and the reloading has begun. Dryer buzzed and all of the clean laundry has been put away. It's been so easy to put stuff away since I cleared out stuff that I no longer wear. I had things put away a certain way as of last January 1st and this year there were things that hadn't moved in a year, so they all got donated. Now I look into drawers and there is glorious space!!

Same with the pantry. Space for food that we will actually eat. I went through all the chocolate chips and there were only 3 bags that were not expired.

Decided that Roomba should come out and take some time cleaning up with me today.

Dh still hasn't started making supper.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:17 pm

hello again
I cooked and now have to do dishes :shock: ;)
I also cut up a bunch of veggies for yogurt dip
I already have one load on from last night and during the day yesterday.

I don't feel like cleaning up but I will give the little stinker in me a big girl talk from the adult side. :lol:

hi d cathy! great job on your kitchen work
love your roomba

hi d dee really wow how time goes by .. yay on your taxes being done. hope you get great rest tonight

hi d nancy glad you have left overs for dinner. what a nice way to relax on sunday evening.

hi d twins glad you got a chance to rest this morning. praying for all pain to go away.

hope you get home nice and safe from that freezing rain d kathryn!

Listening to the fictional book about hedy lamar. they have a book club event at barnes and nobles. the 2019 the only girl in the room by marie benedict.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:20 pm

My mom never cooked on Sun. Nites, I have adopted that tradition. Sandwiches or something to reheat is always a winner.
Journaling is done. Worked on daily stuff, spiffed up the kitchen again that helped. :mrgreen:
I Did 30 min. On. Stat bike.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:24 pm

Sunday
church - bus there , lift home.
returned something (book of city maps) that was lent to me in the early 80s. It has been waiting, long story. Its has sat in various places waiting , with me not remembering it on Sunday mornings to take to church, since I found they had moved back, and attended the same service, and recognised/ was reintroduced to them.
.spoke to someone from church tai chi group who has moved into the retirement village near me. I got her #. perhaps a visit would be good. I may yet get back to that group.

rested and read / napped most of the day. We have had some showers at times, so no walk yesterday afternoon. Finally the skin around my eyes show I'm more caught up on rest and sleep. At least, I believe that is the reason why.

I think the world weather systems are in uncharted territory. The powers that be attempting to forecast caught between too much and too little warning, with new to us extreme patterns on too frequent repeat.
There it is the polar vortex.
Here it was the length of extremes drought, fires, 40+C heat for weeks on end,
The dam over 200% full before someone thought the rain hasn't let up, and isn't about to, we need to let some out!!! then - flood gates are all open wide. and the possibility of 1/4 of that city will be underwater ... Well some people were already out. But being part of the overnight evacuations, I can't imagine that.

Welcome to we can't control the weather. Stay safe everyone, if you can.
That the ice and cold is deadly, there is already a lot of proof of that.

I can't imagine the deep freezes over there at all. I hope those who need to can hunker down, and essential services are kept functioning.

Monday - yoga then support group. if I can get a lift home between I'll drop off my yoga 'cart'. If not, we spend most of the day together as there is not enough time for buses each way between.
I like to have 2 mats for my knees, beach towel, yoga cushion, blocks,cover etc. I leave the bolster at home.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:38 pm

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-04/t ... d/10774230
half way plus down for the pic of a big salty (crocodile) headed towards someone's garage. The water isn't the only thing that could be coming up. (It was near the end of the story as I post this. It might drop off the end of the report.)
btw - global warming has crocodile sightings in more southern river systems going from mythical / crazy, to reality in recent years. as well as the deadly jelly fish being further south in the oceans. So far its still safe here. No certainties for the future.

time is up. bathroom and otd.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:06 pm

Those pictures are amazing, Lynlee. I remember when we were in Cairns (rainy season) and the signs on the pathway in the city park saying to turn back due to crocs. We were nowhere near the ocean but the flooding had brought them inland and they were in the ponds in the park and the ponds were overlapping the pathways in places.

It was one of those, "We're not in Kansas anymore" travel moments.

We are home safely.

Aside from being passed a couple of time unsafely, no major incidents.

We stopped for lunch an hour from home and took almost an hour there. Then headed back out. The windshield was clear for just 10 miles and then we were back to looking through a small cleared area. It is fairly cold so our feet were really cold, we had directed all heat to the windshield. Both of us had a hard time walking when we got home and tried to step out of the car.

I cleaned off the back of the car while dh refilled the windshield fluid. It took 2/3 of one jug (emptied it) and then more of another jug so we must have been almost empty.

We brought everything up and I started laundry I had queued up and then started to unpack. Got distracted since the bag dh used stores my purses. I checked them all out for 'sparking joy' and got rid of one of them. Did the same with wallets and card cases, gathering them from elsewhere in the apartment. I didn't do evening bags; to me that is another category. I have a fair number to match gowns I wear on the ship. They will be Konmari'd soon but the focus is paper for the month of February.

Preaching went well but we were 'late' since we had to clean off the car of snow and ice, which took an extra 10 minutes. I'm usually there at 10 but was expecting to get there for 10:10. Instead it was 10:20 and I was stressed. So were the congregants!

Had a nice visit with people but we didn't go out to lunch with them.

Dinner is in the oven and will be later this evening but we stopped around 2 for lunch so I'm not really hungry. I've changed out of church clothes and into jeans. The second load of laundry is started and I've had a cup of tea.

Next up: work on booking our trip to Winnipeg.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:19 pm

I stamped a bit this afternoon and made a card for a recent bat mitzvah at my congregation. Not my best work ever, but satisfying. Ds is here and we're doing a frozen pizza and will watch the game.

I'll post more about the card in crafts and needlework, I hope.

Need to do some planning for the week. This week is quiet, then next week extremely busy with dr appt, colonoscopy and valentine's day.

Need to empty dishwasher, I ran it this afternoon.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:30 pm

Here is Lynlee's crocodile photo again, in the next news story, a bit down the page. It had scrolled off the one she posted (as she expected) but it must have been too compelling for the editors to abandon completely. I was so sad I missed it, for some reason, so searched. I had expected a bit more cheerful view - where did I get that idea. :?

news story

Return to “Post When You Can”