Sunday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Sunday PWYC

Postby Harriet » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:46 pm

A funny slice of life. First let me ask you - if a guest minister was coming to your church, wouldn't you Google him? that's not weird, is it? My thought was, it would be nice to know for certain how to spell his name before I wrote the check, know what he looked like before he showed up, maybe a wife's name. Dd said I was a stalker. :|

Well, nobody else did it. So I was the lone stalker - um, member - with a clue what M looked like and I wasn't going to arrive until a while before worship. Well, 45 mins before then, into adult SS class M walked, introduced himself as M, just as expected. The SS class was SUPER welcoming, involved him deeply in the lesson, expected his response to each point, asked all about him - where are you from, how many children do you have, etc.

As I arrive I see this completely unexpected-looking, slim man with brown hair talking to the people from the class. "Harriet, this is M" Um... .. interesting, because the Rev M has light-colored hair, wears glasses, is taller and older. Hmmm... .. Visitor M says, "so, your preacher isn't preaching today?" Looks around. A lightbulb goes on above heads of all gathered around him.

:lol:

Rev. M. waits patiently in the sanctuary, wondering if there is not a mic he's supposed to clip on, or where we'd like him to sit. He's very nice and we had a pleasant day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:23 pm

Dee, the "What's for Dinner" thread was the current thread and possibly should have been stickied to identify it. I'll do that. The one you noticed catnipper pulled up was many years old, but I imagine she thought the title "Musings on Meals" was more tailored to her comment and didn't notice dates.

We need a new thread to take over for the long-running "What's for Dinner", which is venerable and deserves respect for 69 pages and 6 years of service! But we don't need 70 pages.

blessed, :) you are definitely the Kitchen poster extraodinaire. Won't you consider starting a new CURRENT thread for the Shes in the Kitchen Forum, of whatever topic title you think is best? If you'd rather, you and I will draft Dee! ;) What do you think? Maybe we need two titles?

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:38 pm

WOW! The weather stories are both interesting and a bit scary. Stay safe!

Church was fantastic this morning. I totally enjoyed myself.

Lunch was with family members at my favorite Sunday place. Lots of laughter and smiles. My face and belly got a good workout. :)

I spent some time at DMom's house with DGS21. We joined her in working on the 2000 piece puzzle. DNeice has managed to get DMom interested in putting puzzles together and it is fun to see DMom so engrossed in this project. DMom doesn't have time to watch TV now and is staying up late at night to work on the puzzle. Good stuff!

DBro & DNephew teamed up to install DMom's new heater yesterday but they accidentally broke a piece inside the new stove when they over tightened it. I have the replacement part ordered so that project is on hold until the part arrives.

I made a trip to Sam's this afternoon because my "Buy This" list was getting long. $200+ later I arrived back home and have everything put away.

I made Buffalo Hot Wings and a Spinach casserole for the game/dinner.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:49 pm

Harriet - I would probably do a FB search on a guest speaker. IMHO that doesn't put us in stalker status to do a little research.

I am back on track today. wish me luck.

Blessed - Wishing you the best!
1. Know what you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:52 pm

hello again. dishes were emptied and the new batch going on now. 2 pans in the sink soaking.

i will d harriet!

oh darn I have to go... ~~~~~~~waving.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:17 pm

I chatted with DSon and DGS12 this afternoon. After THREE MONTHS of construction crews doing renovations to the new-to-them home, they will move in at the end of Feb. DSon said the renovations will continue after they move in but will be confined to the half dozen rooms in the bottom floor. When it warms up they are going to start major renovation and construction to landscape and outdoor areas. The massiveness of this house renovation makes my head spin....

DD picked up DGD7 this morning and spent about 8 hours together before bringing her back here.

I went against my dislike for Barbie dolls and ordered DGD7 her dream Barbie doll. We spent time looking what was available and talking about different style and types. DGD7 saw one of the dolls and gasp...... we kept looking but DGD7 couldn't get that one doll out of her head. So that is the one we got. DGD7 is WAY past thrilled and counting down the time until it will be delivered. it was probably a foolish way to spend money because these dolls are overpriced. However, DGD7 spends hours playing with her doll and designing outfits for it. It is just a matter of time until the temporary repair to current doll comes undone. I decided being foolish is okay sometimes.
1. Know what you want.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:12 pm

Hmmm, I didn't think I had a picture on my website. But, lo and behold, I do!

If you want to stalk me put these three things together:

itinerant

preacher

.ca

My calendar is really empty now but if you go back to before the summer, I was working lots. It is a blessing things quieted down so much, even today the organ messed with my head. But not as badly as last time.

I'm off to bed now. It was too quiet an evening and the tickets for Winnipeg didn't get bought but they are identified. We have to leave early in the morning and take flights home I would never choose if we are going to fly on points. But the savings are significant and will almost cut the cost of the trip in half.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:09 am

I am watching this crazy show on tv — came on after the Super Bowl — and a sword-swallower just collapsed, I think. I couldn’t really watch closely bc it was too gross. He was attempting to support the weight of two beer kegs, suspended on a bar, balanced on the sword he had just put down his throat....

There were three young boys from the Phillipines, however, who were AMAZING. They sang.

It’s kinda like America’s Got Talent on a worldwide scale, I guess.

No, he didn’t collapse. He’s fine. He’s just insane. I changed channels....
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:17 am

So, I am being pretty lazy, but I got all the Sunday chores done EXCEPT washing dishes in the sink (and they’ve been there all weekend!) A Tupperware container, two little microwave bowls, plus a soup pan from today.

We had a good weekend but were very tired this afternoon. Dh is STILL fighting the sore throat and stayed home from church, and I went to Wmart immediately after eating lunch. Got the garbage to the road, did allergy shots, refilled med dispensers, paid a couple of bills, made the bed in baby room... read the paper and fell asleep!

Need to exercise...

Waving to everyone — loved the preacher story, Harriet!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:00 am

Harriet, pretty funny about the 'preacher'. I'll bet everybody felt stupid!

Lynlee, wow about the flooding. Not surprised about the crocodile. We deal with that here and frequently hear stories about alligators in their swimming pools. Makes me remember, one time I was driving down a street that backed a golf course and looked over and there was a pretty big alligator in the drainage ditch. Not far from the pond of the golf course. They deal with those on golf courses all the time. What caused all the flooding?

Busy day here. Church and I was so sleepy in church. Yawned all through the sermon.

We took a ride up to next community where there is a lot of building going on and I wanted to see it, because this used to be a sleepy little town...and now it's not... So we rode around all the various places and checked out a couple of the houses, and found our way down to a big commercial place they've also built. I'm just :o at this place so close to us.

Don't think we could ever live in a place like that, though, because there's not a lot of grass around the houses, though there are green spaces interspersed. We're just used to our big lawn I guess.

Dinner out on the way home. Garbage gathered up for tomorrow's pickup. All that paper I culled going away. Tried to make phone calls, got answering machines.

So, went to look in on the game and found it'd been blacked out here. Contract negotiations between owner of stations and cable or something. Didn't know that'd been happening. I could have watched online but only if I had a specific account, which we don't. Another network is completely blocked too presently. Someday I'll get rid of this cable and set something else up. It's expensive even without any add-ons and only the basic, so we'll need to do something eventually anyway.

Return to “Post When You Can”