Sunday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Sunday PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:19 am

Not feeling creative this morning.

But I wanted to open up a space for us today.

Post When You Can!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Sunday PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:31 am

I'm discouraged.

DgdJ0 will turn 4 weeks and then 1 month old this upcoming week.

So there have been 4 weeks where there should have been Nana Adventures (TM) with dgsM2. Aside from the initial sleepover and taking him with his sister to the midwife appointment (which wasn't really an adventure) there's been nothing. The weather has alternated between extreme cold and extreme snow. We have a saying "it is too cold to snow" but some of our worst snow came with well below 0*F temps which is almost unheard of. We had a record snowfall for January for records since the airport opened in the 30's. It isn't my imagination, January was a horrible month.

I have dgs overnight on Monday so I decided we'd pick him up right after nap, go to the museum, out for supper, bath and bed.

There now is a freezing rain advisory starting tonight and throughout the day tomorrow. Sigh.... We still have to go out to get him (or have dd drive here in her new car) but to leave the car out longer than necessary, with more walking than necessary, seems risky. The bad conditions outside killed a friend of mine last month. I no longer think I'm overreacting when I refuse to go anywhere. I'm legitimately afraid.

My only hope is the forecast will be wrong. The snowstorm yesterday was not forecasted. A few days out it was to be sunny and cold, perfect for the drive up here, then it changed to cloudy with flurries, still fine, and finally they predicted up to 2" of snow (we had all day so we could plan our timing around the storm.) We got over 5" by the time it was over and it snowed solidly until late afternoon. Because of the incompetence in forecasting, snow removal equipment was not ready to keep up with the storm so the driving was really dangerous at times. That's what this past month has been like. Bad weather compounding by atrocious forecasting making it impossible to plan.

The only problem with my 'hope the forecast is wrong' plan is that what we actually get will likely be even worse than they said, given their track record.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:43 am

Great adventures indoors - Cardboard boxes make caves and hidey places. Sheets/blankets over carefully arranged chairs and furniture make clubhouses. Couch cushions stack and lean. Explore the building - understanding elevators. "I Spy" out the windows.

Dd is leading singing today. so she's gone to and returned from rehearsal. I have a calmer day. We have a guest speaker today, so I have his check in my carry-all, along with an explanation of giving for a member who thinks a gift was not counted toward her giving. (It was given on Sun., Dec 31, of '17, so counted the year before. Sounds simple, but I printed a complete record for her because I want her to be assured.)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:47 am

so fun d harriet.

I am so sorry you feel discouraged sweet kathryn!
and I am so sorry about your dear friend. prayers for you and her dearest family

i couldn't come back yesterday bc i got a nice headache. not a super migraine. yay. I slept most of the day. today I feel rested.

happy day to you all. sending you all peace in your heart and a day of joy.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:15 pm

today is my cooking day. I am trying to stick to a routine - I have to admit though I could care less what I ate the last two days and it wasn't even good. I know my weight will pay for this but I feel like I am back on track today. wish me luck.

my morning routine is done.
i know what my week will look like (hopefully lol)

so now that I have put off cooking for 2 hours; I think I need to start! wishing you all the best.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:50 pm

Hi!

It's 7 C here. Very windy, so it feels cold. Lots of melting going on which means we have a lot of water in the backyard. The patio is covered. Temps will being going back down, so it will all turn to ice.

I only have 1 load of laundry to do today. It's in the washer now. I ran the dishwasher overnight, so I need to unload that.

I do have pots and pans to do.
Dh and I went out before 10 to go get our soda for the week. I am drinking a lot less, so my purchase will most likely last at least 2 weeks. We also went and got water from the local water store. Dh filled 7 bottles for our tank in the kitchen. 1 bottle lasts almost a week. I use it to make tea and for drinking. We have to clean and possibly repair or replace our cistern this summer. We know that groundwater is getting in.

We are having duck for supper. Dh cooks it like he would a whole chicken.

The pre-game to the pre-game to the pre-game is on. The actual game doesn't start for almost 6 hours.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:55 pm

Driving home in freezing rain. Unforecasted. It wasn't to start until tonight.

Having a hard time keeping the windshield clear. No point taking a break for lunch, it is forecast for at least 24 hours.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:21 pm

Had that weather up home last night through this morning at least, Kathryn. Tons of accidents on black ice. That's worse than snow in my book. So glad not to deal with it.

Went to church this morning with dh and dd. I had a pretty sleepless night. Woke up before midnight and never went back to sleep until after 6am. For some crazy reason the alarm on my phone went off just as I was about to nod off at 3:59am. Looked at it later and somehow it not only got set to that time, but the alarm turned on. Got up at 7:30 to take my T-med and went back to sleep until about 8:30.

It's a very 'misty' day out there. Quite a bit of rain last night. Streams overflowed their banks near hear - real near.

Going to try to finish our taxes today. Kept getting hung up last night and thus part of my sleepnesses. Figures and taxes ran through my head all night. DD tried to do theirs, thinking they'd have a refund coming. For some reason it kept adding her income from FL to dsonil's NY income. She's about decided they'll have to take it to a tax person this year. She's been doing theirs for quite a few years now. She's going to help me with ours soon. I'm determined to get them done TODAY and sent off.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:43 pm

Another quiet day here. I slept in until almost 10 a.m. this morning. The evening wasn't as bad as expected. Somehow, they usually aren't. Thankfully we didn't bid on stuff we don't need! I took meds before going and my mouth/face was mostly okay for the evening. And we were out of there before 10 p.m.

Dh is watching golf today. :?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:41 pm

I slept well and was up on time. I made up lunch It was tasty. Have made h sandwich for his lunch. Now I have left overs for dinner.
It is pouring down rain here this morning, dog has been getting toweled off after being outside she thinks it is tug a war time to play. LOL! 41*-43* today's temp. Range.
Now I need to clean up the kitchen and do daily routine stuff, finish journaling, planning is done.

Return to “Post When You Can”