PWYC Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: PWYC Monday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:46 pm

Progressing. I stalled myself by deciding to repot some plants. But that is done and they all look better.

First load of laundry is done, second is started. I'll vacuum and dust the bedroom and set up dgsM2's bed. Dd called.

I have to remember I have to do grocery shopping today because I need this for the luncheon tomorrow. And breakfast for dgs, although he'll probably just eat cornbread and yogurt.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:19 pm

Bedroom is vacuumed, dusted and set up. Dishwasher is running. Second load of laundry hung up.

Printed off signs for the dessert party.

Had lunch.

In a panic because there's so much to do before we leave in a few minutes. Top priority is vacuum kitchen floor. Second is make up grocery list. Third/first is get the signs up for the potluck.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:33 pm

Homeschool is finished for the day. Today is one of the rare times that we don't follow the curriculum lessons. Instead, we watched a show about the effects of sugar on our body. It kept DS10 interest and he was a bit shocked and in disbelief about some of the things he learned.

DGS21 came and joined me for lunch. Yesterday I told DGS21 that he could have my stock of barley because I'm trying an experiment in February that meant I won't be eating barley. He jumped at the chance to get the barley because it his grain of choice.

I put a roast, potatoes and onions in the Instant Pot this morning so it was added to the selection of food already available to eat. I also sauteed some cabbage. mmmhhhh.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:37 pm

hello dear ones!!!

just had lunch - 6 pts.
bathrooms swished and swiped.
laundry hung up and put away.
donated a couple things from my wardrobe and tossed 2 items that I realized were a little faded.

today I am in the kitchen - my goal is to wipe down the cabinet fronts, and doors, clean the microwave*, and maybe (maybe) wash the floor by hand.
*I wanted to see if anyone would notice and clean the microwave if I didn't clean it. It has been 3 weeks. Dh - no clue. dd older doesn't use it much when she comes home so I didn't expect her to even use it. it is so filthy now that I can't stand it so that is on my List :lol:

hi d kathryn yay on your work! it sounds like you have things in hand even though you feel a bit in a panic.

hi d harmony. I had the lake of mojo yesterday - it must be going around 8-) you did get dishes done and laundry done, desk chores and more... I think that is awesome!

hi d twins! enjoy the time out when going to the cleaners.. a little tea or coffee for yourself

hi d dee I am doing 5 minute slots with my timer. can you give me some of that energy for 1 hour slots. Well done on those baby steps adding up!

hi d nancy wow no snow - hoping your ice will melt off fast. wishing you a great day too!

Hello d lady, how wonderful about piano progress for d son. I understand that it i frustrating to estimate.

Hi d Cathy, have fun with your knitting groups. I love korean bbq short ribs. mmmmm mmm good

Hi d Harriet, cheering you on as you organize.

Have a great day everyone.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:07 pm

Lunch is over and kitchen cleaned up. I'm going to take a 30 minute break and then go take DMom to her doctor appointment. This is the last of 8 shots to her knees. WhoooYAAAA!

After I take DMom home then I'll go to the Y. It took me several visits to discover my favorite time to work out. I like it between the lunch crowd and the after-work crowd. It might change but for now 2:00 - 4:00pm is my absolutely favorite time.
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:22 pm

I am back from the store and put the food away.
Walked the dog to the corner.
Need to check the mail it came later today.
I have meat cooking in the crock pot.
Just before bed time saw that we have gotten a forth of an inch of snow.
Gotta charge up this divice.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:08 pm

Back home from taking DMom to doctor. It took longer than I expected. I'm not going to be able to fit in going to the Y today.

The weather is absolutely stunning. Bright sunshine, gentle breeze, and about 60F degrees. I wish I could share this weather with everyone.
1. Know what you want.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:59 pm

Hi everyone! People at payroll are very excited about my recent revamping of a report that used to take forever to run. In fact, it occasionally timed out. I eliminated the subreport calls and it blazes along. This weekend was pretty productive. Loki's ideal foster home has turned into his ideal adoptive home. Apparently, he prefers super excitable husky mixes to the company of other cats. He likes their humans too. We got an application on another cat. I don't know which one, but do know it is not one of mine. I got my electric guitar back and DD16 has decided that she will try it after all. I tried another new recipe and this is the first one I have actually liked, a vegetarian chickpea based pseudo-burger.

Saturday evening, DD was complaining about her foot hurting and took off her shoes. Sunday morning, instead of church, we went to urgent care for x-rays. No break, but externally, it looks just like the break that left me with permanent problems. The rest of the day, DD studied for finals while I did church webwork homework and LOLs. All washed, none put away. The house looks like a tornado hit, but it can be attacked in 15 min increments.

Tonight, I have a church meeting. I also need to do an animal org thank you note, send info to insurance company, send a postcard, bills and budget, and work on the Christmas crochet. I figured out how to do Luna's hair finally.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:54 pm

The days are getting longer. It's 6:30 here and still a little light outside. I walked five laps, including one with the ddog, so that gets me within a thousand steps of 8K.

Dh has bowling tonight so I have a quiet evening.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:59 pm

Waving from Tuesday.
For now the sun is shining.
Thankfully its not making something that will turn to ice that can kill you later on like some places where the temps go wild to refreeze.
It might get to feel like a sauna though. Nope sun is gone. :lol:

Harmony - We had trouble here on the 6 inches in an hour in the area I live in. Thankfully that isn't a frequent happening. Just north of here they had 3 foot of water - that's rain I'm talking about - in 24 hrs. No its not a thing that happens a lot, but when it does, expect normal life to be derailed for a while.
For the monsoon totals I mentioned in the north, I might have gotten the daily totals for one spot confused with the newsworthy totals that get broadcast, which could be different places.
I read bits and pieces online last night where some of the stranded big supermarket trucks / drivers had permission to share stock some around, so the bbq was on. If you were there.

I have nowhere to be except here today.
My washing reminder. I'll go look out at all angles to make my own call on this morning's possibilities.
I'm having a go at getting washing out and dry and in again. Its in the machine. Mattress protector and quilt cover, so not the quickest to dry things, but with luck and a breeze it will happen. hopefully.

I've done a thorough go at readings and response, including deciding some can go back to the book shelf under the not in the daily readings area. There are others that are talking to me more atm.
Some people would say I still have too many in the ones in the pile to look at, if I am able to take the time that day.
The theme of my readings today was that the little changes we can make count for heaps, and the little actions build into a new way of living.
Kudos for DS10 and all who do this. And for Dee for the something each hour theme.

I'm heading over to flyers group to hopefully get some things working here.
I have a few spots to work a Noni inspired reduction task round robin.
Have a good evening.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”