PWYC Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

PWYC Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:54 am

Like Kathryn yesterday, I'm out of inspiration for PWYC but want somewhere to get started on the day.

What's your Monday going to be?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Re: PWYC Monday

Postby Harriet » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:05 am

Hi everyone.

Nice to see kittykatt checking in on us.

Morning Daily Card here is well underway.

Timer has been helpful.

I know 4 of a 5x5 so far
a kitchen cabinet to reorganize
hallway carpet cleaning
master bath attention
study prep for tomorrow

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:07 am

Know I saw two Monday PWYC a few minutes ago. I was going to combine them but I think it was Harriet that took Hers? down? Maybe she'll repost here. I slept well last night, albeit I've been awake since 4am, planning my day. :shock:

Almost think dh is out in the kitchen doing dishes from last night, We had tacos for dinner fairly early. Then dd made chicken wing dip for half time of the game. I made myself just one helping and am determined to not get into it again. Sure dsonil will finish it off with no trouble. He's still waiting for a 'start date' on his job. DD did mention that he has a job after a year & a half. He did work some months last summer up home for a friend. But that wasn't even a probability this summer. So, he won't be going north with dd this summer. But they're hoping he can string a few days together so he can fly up.

Dh is going to school with dd Wednesday. Students have an 'early release day" (12:30) so he can do his own thing. DD has a 'development' day in the afternoon. She's not decided whether to go or not. They get points for these development days and she has way more than she'll ever use in her tenure.

Time to take my meds and get on with all those 'plans' I made so early this morning.

DD and I were able to get our taxes sent in last night. So that's pretty much off my mind -at least that far. Now to wait for the Feds to send us all that money. :)
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:02 am

I'm up and dressed and the bed is stripped and remade, sheets in the washer, room tidied and now, after all that, I'm having tea and chocolate. But I'm not doing my light because I've been up for so long (you are supposed to do it within a hour of rising.)

I need to get the bedrooms house blessed even if I don't get the whole apartment done, because dgs will be sleeping on our floor tonight. And we've learned he doesn't like to be part of making the bed up so I'll have that done before we leave here at 1:30.

I am blasting ahead with our plans despite the weather, so it will be the Aviation Museum this afternoon for a short visit. By this afternoon it should be better. Apparently tomorrow will be well above freezing which will make things even icier when the temperature drops again.

Dd is giving us a grandparents' membership so we'll be able to get in for free to 3 of the national museums: aviation, science and agriculture (which is a farm.) The other four (war, civilization, nature, art) don't have a multi-site museum pass (except war & civilization are linked.) So to buy a grandparents' pass to all our museums costs just under $500. In a way, it is tempting but once the grandkids are old enough to enjoy the museums, they'll be in school and not have the time to go when it isn't crowded. But I'll keep it in the back of my mind, "a year of museums". That's about what we spend on concerts and plays through the year, so it isn't a lot extra. Of course, that doesn't include parking which is another $10 or more per visit! Although, I know I can buy a parking pass for at least the package I'm getting today.

I used to take my daycare to the art gallery at least once a year (often in December so see the giant tree) but in those days it was free. When we lived in London, I'd take dd (then 2.5) to the National Gallery at least once a month and we'd stay 30 - 45 minutes. I'd do a different series of rooms each time so I could see new stuff before she got bored. It was free so I could do that.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:09 am

Hi!

I've been up for at least a couple of hours. Decided to get off my bottom and go to both knitting groups today. I will be leaving in a few minutes. Better late than never.

Supper tonight is Korean BBQ short ribs. They are marinating now.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:30 am

Better late than never.

Good reminder!

This morning has progressed fairly smoothly. DD came and got DGD7 ready for school. DGD7 was in meltdown mode when they came out of her bedroom. I'm not sure what happened to put DGD7 in that tearful state. I had breakfast ready for her to eat and we did light-hearted chatting while she ate. By the time DGD7 left the house for school, she had her emotions under control.

I am so very thrilled with DS10 progress on learning to play the piano. He makes extremely teeny tiny baby steps in the learning process, but eventually, those teeny tiny baby steps start adding up. It is very satisfying to watch his confidence in his ability to play piano notes growing.

Math and piano lessons are done in homeschool. Math is focusing on estimation. That is an extremely hard thing for Mr Black and White guy to do. He totally gets rounding numbers up and down. But he give him a problem like 321x24 and he wants to solve it for the correct solutions. Having him estimate in his head 300x20 just frustrates him because that isn't the correct answer.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:39 am

I need to get in gear, grocery list needed , get things done ahead of the cold snap, no snow on the ground here this morning hoping ice will melt off soon. I can tell the days are getting longer a bit in the start and end of the day. Wishing you all a great day!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:47 am

but eventually, those teeny tiny baby steps start adding up.
And what a good lesson that is for us as well! I'm not overly ambitious of late and decided to divide the day into 1-hour slots. Then I'm listing anything I do in the appropriate time slot. By day's end, I'm noticing I really have accomplished quite a lot. Even doing my exercising in bits 'n pieces this way. By afternoon I find I've done the whole routine.

It's still cool here today. Dh wanted to finish pressure washing the driveway but it's really not warm -till late this afternoon- to do that. I see it's 52 up home, Kathryn, so it's coming your way. Of course that temp is creating chaos in too much water, too fast and ice jams everywhere.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:56 am

The only "must do" that I'm aware of right now is picking up dry cleaning for dh! I was supposed to do this on Friday but had decided to leave a little early for temple to do it, then when dh invited friends over it messed with my to dos. I meant to do it Saturday a.m. also, of course.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:32 pm

I have little mojo today. No big plans or to-do's. Maybe I need to make a list.

I did get my dailies done and have laundry ready to hang up.

Did desk chores. Made phone call, sent email. Checks to the mailbox. January spreadsheets done. Nothing more to do there.

Ok, off to make a plan. I should bring in the outside Christmas lights since it's nicer today. Ok, that's next after hanging up the laundry and putting another load in.

Lynlee, your country really gets some gnarly weather!

Return to “Post When You Can”