Tackle a corner on Tuesday PYWC!!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Tackle a corner on Tuesday PYWC!!

Postby CathyS » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:38 am

Hi!

A recent post on FB suggested taking pictures of corners of your home to see where your forgotten corners were. I have one in my kitchen that I have already started on this morning.

What can you tackle today?
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Re: Tackle a corner on Tuesday PYWC!!

Postby CathyS » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:42 am

I was wide awake before 7 this morning. The wind is howling but it is 8 degrees C ABOVE zero for the third day in a row.

Roomba is doing her thing. I have a hot cup of tea waiting for me on the kitchen table. One corner of my counter is clear and I have a wet dishcloth spread out on the counter to soften the stuff that was hiding behind the tool caddy thing and the pepper grinder and the olive oil bottle. It's not pleasant but it's getting done this morning.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:01 am

Good morning, Cathy!

I have loved the idea of taking a photo but never really thought of going to the very corners and doing it! Yipes! What a "still life" piece of artwork that could produce. :| Realism, huh? We certainly can have spots in our home in which the clutter becomes invisible to us.

My "corner" yesterday was 3 shelves of a large kitchen cabinet. Everything out, cleaned, and only the truly useful and needed put back. Not sure if I like the arrangement yet, but it's easy to move things around if I don't. Focus cleaning of kitchen (and storage, come to think of it) are coming up later this month, so this spot was a natural for declutter. :idea:

Hoping (Elizabeth's dd)'s foot feels better soon. Glad the guitar is home and a burger recipe was found.

Today is the study at 10:00. I still have some reading to do.

I've already made dd20's green-and-purple smoothie breakfast for her, to give her a little help out the door this morning. Didn't have her pom juice so I replaced with frozen cranberries and cherry, adding extra water - hope that tastes good! Next up, my own oatmeal and fruit.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:57 am

I did that corner and it looks so much better now. All the same stuff because it's the small counter right to the right of my stove and that's where the salt, pepper and oils live along with the tools that we reach for in the middle of cooking. I can't switch too much stuff around because dh uses all of it and he likes things to stay where they are so he doesn't have to look too far from where he expects something to be.

I have had my hot tea and something to eat.

I have leftover mashed potatoes in the fridge. I need to use them up tonight. I mentioned "potato pancakes" to dh last night, so I think I had better do something that will go good with that idea. I have a frozen tourtiere (also know as a meat pie in Quebec) so I will bake that. Okay, supper is planned!

Roomba docked herself, so now I'm going to spot mop the floors. There is a line of dribbles between the kitchen and where dh has his coffee in the living room, so I need to go deal with that.

Trying to make today a "waterless" day as far as cleaning, so I'm only going to use a damp mop. The back of the yard is under water. I don't want to add to the septic tank unless I really have to.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:45 am

i love that we can wave to d lynlee the next day. I love when she said (yesterday) that she was waving to us from tuesday!

hi d cathy! sending you some warm gentle breezes!
thank you for starting us!
we make mashed potato pancakes too. always delicious.

hi d harriet!
yay on your kitchen work yesterday!
that smoothie for your dd sounds delicious!

Have a great day!!!
Yesterday I slept 5 hours - 1 to 6 pm I always sleep when I have a headache or coming down with something. I did not want to sleep; that is for sure, but I did.

My goal today: bill and paperwork day. I don't want to but I need to
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:57 am

Up on time slept well.
25* out side here. H is on call.we have 1/4" of snow here not on the roads they are icy.
My sis said it was 80* there yesterday. In the South.
Laundry is going I was down to one towel. Xxx
Having coffee w hubby took meds. (_)p figured out meals for today yea me.
Trash day here need to dump it. X
I have done my morning stuff journaling planning.
Breakfast x
Dishwasher is finished dishes it is unloaded now.
Finished reading a book last night about how dogs think.
Lunch is next.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:27 am

I was up really early this morning. I was too hot under all the covers. Folded up the top 2 as the house isn't cold like it was in the nights.

Filled my vitamin Rx containers for 2 weeks. Goofed and took my thyroid twice this morning. Maybe it'll give me more energy for the day! I'm sure it won't kill me. I need to do DH's boxes too. I told him he was getting out of one of them and he asked how he got more...did he need to go to the doctor? AGGGH! I'll wait till he's back and make him call in the refill. I've made him do this before, I guess he just doesn't remember. It's like teaching a kid...

Desk duties were 1 check for 1 statement, 1 call to get clarification, 1 email expected for that; 1 call for explanation and 1 fax sent. Dailies done.

I never did get back to my work yesterday. Had to take something to job, ride through a lot of traffic, and I was a bit aggravated. Stopped at the store on the way back. So today as it warms up I'll try to get the Christmas lights off the bushes and back in the bin.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:11 pm

Goofed and took my thyroid twice this morning
At one point my dr here in FL had me taking 1 extra pill one day a week -so no, it won't hurt you. Told me to take the extra one on whatever day I deemed to be the 'most busy'. I actually did feel a little more energy. But my Dr up home took me off that one extra every week as she felt my #'s were good. I do have an 'extra' amount of them because last year I missed a new bottle up home and it didn't come south with me, so had to get a new 'emergency' prescription. And there it was waiting for me when I got back north. So I should never run out as long as I get them refilled in a 'timely' manner.

Took care of the dishes from yesterday still in the dish drainer and then did up a small load of dishes. We had M Callendar's chicken pot pies last night so really very few dishes. I'd like to go to P ublix this afternoon to get some BOGO specials and some meat to fix spaghetti for dinner. But, right now the 'boys' are out pressure washing the driveway.

Dh (after I reminded him) called his brother to wish him a happy birthday. Also asked him to push our dinner date with them from Friday to Saturday. Dh didn't realize he's going to a game with dd on Friday. I put all the home games on our calendar so he can check it from time to time. Dsisil's b'day is Saturday so we said we'd take them to dinner this week. DD and dsonil are going to his Mom's Sunday afternoon for her birthday. So surprising that she's still going! They called in hospice for her over a year ago.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:23 pm

I don't think I've opened my journal/planner since last Thursday. This morning I've lolly gagged about looking at DNA matches instead of doing any of the many things I should be doing. So many mysteries!

Pain/discomfort is better so far today.

-s2s
-make the bed
-walk the dog

I need to see dmom and go to the grocery today.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:13 pm

hello everyone!

hello hello
I love genealogy treasure hunting d twins.
so happy the pain is a bit better. I understand that awful pain bc of dd younger. praying for you to keep your stress down and the pain away.

h d dee
hello hello too
yay on your dishes. you have a busy week ahead!

hi d harmony hello hello
have done that d harmony with my thyroid meds. I have plastic pill bags now... zip lock type marked with days and am and pm. it helped with this.
sorry the traffic was so frustrating yesterday!

hi d nancy hello hello
great on doing your towels!
yay on your unloading on dishes and having breakfast

hello all.

my morning routine and my home blessing is done.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”