Tackle a corner on Tuesday PYWC!!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Tackle a corner on Tuesday PYWC!!

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:30 pm

I managed to do those three things and I'm trying to go off on another tangent!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:31 pm

Back from the study. We are doing a discussion format this year but when I'm teaching I hold us tightly to the topic. Co-teacher allows every rabbit trail, and the conversation just gets away from her. I was already questioning this new format, and today I've made up my mind that I don't like it.

We miss too much, run out of time, and it's too easily turned to negativity about someone's pet peeve. It's true there's cheerfulness and that's great, but I also noticed the laughter turned nervous at some remarks. Some inaccurate statements were left hanging because the conversation continued in some other direction before anyone could disagree. I'm going to do a lot more guiding of the discussion from now on.

Yes, there are many rabbit trails, but we are going to stay on our own rabbit's set of tracks. We don't need to catch him, but I want us to be sure we figured out where he was going.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:57 pm

Morning...

Lynnlee... your stories about Crocodiles, flooding and snakes were on our national news the other morning. When I lived in Alabama, we had a hurricane that was so bad the animals had to be packed up and evacuated from our zoo. However they left the alligators and a 14 footer named George escaped. After a frantic search, he was found swimming pretty as you please down main street.

In your case, I wouldn't be so concerned about the crocs, but I know that Australia is home to some of the most deadliest snakes in the world. Here in the south when the hurricanes hit, snakes are most peoples biggest concerns cause many snakes can swim and are found in very strange places after the storm. we have moccasins that can give you a pretty nasty bite, but you have a deadly Brown Snake, Mainland tiger snake, and Inland taipan just to name a few....you can tell I'm a snake lover and have owned a few in my life.

Kathryn, when my son was very small I asked a friend of mine, who had four boys, what was the best way to potty train him. She was the one who taught me to face my son backwards on the commode. Her reasoning was her boys felt less afraid of falling in to the water and by placingtheir hands on the seat in front of them they could lean forward which would help to aim their pee. My FIL on the other hand was raised in a cabin with no running water and he taught my son to pee on a tree when he had to go. We lived on a lot of property back then and had a tree very close to the back door. It became great fun for my son so between the two potty training was never an issue. I did have to teach my son that the tree thing wasn't appropriate at certain times and places, but as he grew older and began playing with other boys, it seemed to be the thing to do with all of them.

My stitches are out, but I am on more strict restrictions than I was when they were in. I am NOT allowed to use my left arm for anything...no house work, no carrying groceries, no pushing myself out of a chair or bed...things like that. I didn't have those restrictions with the stitches. The Dr. told me this was to allow the internal stitches to heal. Seems that the outer stitches provided support for the internal ones, and those haven't had a chance to heal. After a week, I can return to doing light duties with my arms for another week, and then after that I should be good to go.

There is still plenty for me to do around here right handed. The corners in my kitchen are not cluttered, but my short counter is my hot spor. At least its small so I can't up much on it, thanks goodness.

Waving to ya'll...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:24 pm

Easy to get lost on those rabbit trails...

RRose, great that you are at least moving along to total healing. Are you right-handed (dominant)? That should make it a little easier...

Big progress here today. Christmas lights are all packed up and put away, the bin stored on top of the shelves in the garage. Extension cord put away in laundry room.

DH brought back the new electric element. Between the 2 of us we got it screwed onto the underneath of the glass top and the wires reattached. We could see where the elements from the old one had burned out in a spot. New one was ok when we tested it. I don't think this was a DIY fix, very tricky to do, but Mr. Fixit, aka DH, after all our struggling with it, said Yes it was!

Bottom drawer put back in. Struggled with that too. I'm aware, even though I can't see them, that those 2 corners, behind the stove and the refrigerator are all clean. Funny how I know where the dirt is even when I can't see it. Many many times I'd wondered what was behind the appliances before we cleaned them.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:00 pm

Well, dsonil starts work tomorrow, FINALLY! As he said, "Vacation's over!" He worked up home for a friend from last April - end of October. Hopefully this will last him till he retires and starts collecting SS. Egads! How can our dks be getting to that age? Actually they're not at least not yet, but dsonil will be there in a few years. He no sooner got his 'work orders' and the guy who's living at his Mom's called to say he has to go in the hospital (heart) Monday. She's ostracized everyone except dsonil and he hopes to get his sister to go over to stay with her some during the day. He obviously will be working during the day and he can't afford to mess this up!

Maybe once he starts getting a pay check again my dh won't feel the need to buy anything and everything for him. Did I just say that? Sure have felt the strain on our finances this winter. We've always contributed to groceries and some bills (such as pest control) but way more this winter. I would find myself being a bit aggravated when he'd go buy pipe tobacco every couple of weeks. That's okay as dd gets aggravated even when they have the money. Don't like having those feelings.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:29 pm

Hi everyone! I got to church early for the meeting, because commute traffic was unexpectedly light. Pastor was 10 minutes late and the other communication team member thought the meeting was in two weeks! This was ok, because pastor and I talked about newsletter issues and how to solve them without hurting the missing member. I had done the HARD homework for the meeting but forgot the easy stuff! That, plus fixing some website problems are my homework.

Once home, I got done some much needed stuff, including verifying that I sent an extra car payment and sending burglary related info to the insurance company. I finally got a postcard out the door, but did not get that blasted thank you note done. That is today's WTF.

DD16 normally comes on Tuesday, but with it being finals week, she may not. Whatever she does, I will be doing bills and budget, then putting away laundry. I should also make sure the house is not embarrassing for when the door repair people return tomorrow.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:23 pm

I visited just a few minutes with dmom - she was sleeping sitting up and just did not want to wake up. So I left her to sleep and hoping she will be more awake the next time. I blew off stopping at drugstore, but stopped at a "vintage" type place that is mostly handmade stuff now. I did a quick walk through but didn't see much that interested me. I looked carefully at a "vintage" map of my city, but it wasn't vintage. It was modern, aged to look vintage. :lol:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:57 pm

Twins' Mom wrote:I don't think I've opened my journal/planner since last Thursday.

I used mine on Saturday, I think. But I haven't filled in this week and am eating alone tonight. Something that would not have been a surprise had I set mine up for this week. On the other hand, I didn't have time.

The apartment is quieter now so I should take advantage.

It was a good day after a 9 hour night in bed but still I'm exhausted because my brain can't be quiet for a moment while dgsM2 is here.

Dd had a rude awakening because the window guys showed up 100 minutes early. And then they discovered the guys would be working from the outside as well as inside so they had to prep their basement window wells and shovel a path to them.

She got here before 9 and dgdJ0 was an absolute doll except a short time of crying because dh was holding her and she wanted to be fed.

Dd was going a bit bonkers at one point thinking dgd wanted to feed again so I took her and we cleaned up the kitchen together. She fell asleep in the football hold and I got all the breakfast and lunch prep dishes into the dishwasher and the table set.

Dgs deliberately attempted to step on his sister which shocked dd. I already had the playpen in the living room ready to set up so set it up and we put her in there from that point when no-one was holding her. Dgs helped me put in the baby crib play centre and she seemed to really like that so dd relaxed a bit for a few minutes. This only works until dgs gets big enough to try and climb in as well, but for now it is a solution. Dd is so tired, she didn't even think there was a solution!

My childhood best friend enjoyed meeting my grandkids and and a bit of a cuddle with dgd.

Dh was very helpful in the morning so I got my shower in while the cornbread was in the oven before breakfast.

Dgs helped make the cornbread and the quiche. So he had lots of time cooking with Nana.

So it was a good day.

But I'm exhausted! My dinner tonight will likely be dgs' leftover dinner from last night.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:58 pm

quick hi.. hi everyone.

I spent the rest of the day doing bills, balancing check book and figuring out what I spent in January. :shock: and that's with a budget. 8-) ;)

we are supposed to have an ice storm tomorrow so I am heading out to target

talk to you soon.
waving hello
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:56 pm

Back from the library, I typed up a letter for hubby. He has been working on paperwork for a few hours happy to have this part done. Had to get copies for subs, and stamps, round up envelopes.
Lunch was good. Snow is still here, a few flakes fell a bit ago.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”