Weird or Wonderful Wednesday Thoughts

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Weird or Wonderful Wednesday Thoughts

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:31 pm

Got the potluck contribution made.

Tried to book Winnipeg. I can't. Flights should be 15K points. On my account the flights are terrible, one direct 2.5 hour flight but at 7 in the morning so we'll arrive 1 day plus 10 hours early. The return is 6.5 hours, non-direct, leaving at 7 in the morning the day after we want to leave (which is also dd's birthday so we will likely miss a birthday dinner with her.) All for 50K points, not 30.

So I signed in with dh's account. Perfect flights. He has 57K points. But on his account that shows as 60K points so he'd have to buy some or have me transfer some to him at a lessor cost. I'd do that but this is supposed to cost 30K points so he phones in. The whole system is down, if we tried to book it wouldn't work and she could not book for us and the fact that it shows 60K points shows us it is broken. Keep trying every hour or so.

Sigh...

I will be so glad when all my points are gone. I currently have 113K. I want to use up what's in dh's account because next year he'll want to go back to Africa and he needs 100K miles for that. He only has 57K and is unlikely to earn 43K this year. He only earned that much last year because of some of winter holiday flying plus his free flights on American Airlines ended up earning him points when he was shunted over to fly on Air Canada. That's not likely to happen twice in a lifetime, let alone year, so we need to keep my 100K in my account for 2020's flight to Africa.

Anyway, I'll keep signing in and seeing if there's any sign of things getting better.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:32 pm

I am in the waiting room at DS10 band class.

We went out to eat today at chain BBQ place. It is much easier to eat Keto than the WOE that I have done over the past couple of years.

I spent time at the y to get the bulk of my steps done for the day.

I am over the top thrilled because DS10 can now wear normal pants found in men's department. Finally!!! Now I can go into almost any store and buy him clothes. It has been very stressful to find clothes to fit him over the past several years. He is about 5'3" tall now. At his current rate of growth he will be tall as I am (5'7") before he is a 12years old.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:46 pm

Hello everyone! The past several days have been spent in trying to catch up on everything, including cuop here. So I think my Wednesday Thoughts are kind of wonderful.

Ds#2 took three days off his work to come and work on the repairs to our family room wall outside. He pulled off the siding and boards underneath that were in bad shape and installed new pressure treated wood and made new siding that is a pretty good match for the original siding. After caulking and painting the outside walls look really good. He came on Sunday as well so he could finish up that job.

Monday I decided our pantry was bare enough to make a shopping trip to stock up on groceries. We are good again for a couple of weeks. Yesterday ds#1 came to help move the boxes we packed from the one bedroom back to the closet in the family room. Dgd21-K came with ds and later on ddil and her dmom came. While they were here they helped me pack up several more boxes. We were able to go through a lot of extra stuff and throw out a lot. I sent them home with a VCR/DVD player. Today I was able to get the smallest bedroom cleaned and neat again. I stripped the bed; sheets and mattress pad are in the dryer now. There are several piles of office stuff on my desk, but that will be easy to deal with.

A strange thing happened...On Friday night I sat my phone down on the nightstand as I was settling in to go to sleep. I took my glasses off and set them down beside the phone. I must have brushed the screen and the phone called my ds#3. This was at 1:30 a.m. so I hung up right away, not wanting to disturb him so late. Well the call showed up and he texted me to make sure we were all right. He called on Saturday afternoon and I found out that it was his work phone that was called. I never call that number! Anyway, I found out that he will be coming next week to help finish up any needed jobs that need done. We have the most wonderful dsons anyone could ever want!

Harmony, I saw your comment about fixing your dh's medicine. I have been fixing my dh's pill container for well over a year now. He has enough to fill a plastic "shoe box" now and some are twice a day, some just once a day, some just in the morning and some just at night. So he gets really confused. I have also caught him confused enough to be taking his morning pills with breakfast, then taking his suppertime pills at lunchtime. Sometimes if he naps a short time he wakes confused. He does call in his refills when they are due. I order the ones from the VA online.

I heard a clattering noise a little while ago and went to see. Dh had fallen, but was close enough to the sofa to catch himself on it. We got him straightened up, but I had to mop the floor because his cup of tea had fallen. Sometimes it's all chaos here!

Time to go get the mail and get that laundry out of the dryer....
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:35 pm

It is nice and snow melted in the sun for the most part. Have taken advantage of the day with some me time.
My crochet project is progressing along well. I have not done much today.
H is on his way, fresh coffee brewing.
Dgd is going to a friend's.
Took off pj s they were warm. It did get up to 27* or 29 * here today.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:37 pm

I don't feel great today. I don't know whether this is the beginning of a cold or allergy. I was up twice in the night coughing. Just now walked lap with ddog and had a spell of sneezing, then coughing. I don't know if I'm going to keep trying to 8K steps today.

I'm going to sit outside with ddog for awhile, then I need to do some clean up and start supper here...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:46 pm

Hi everyone! My weird and wonderful thought came while I was dressing the doll on my filing cabinet at payroll. She had a red dress and I wanted to have something that was clearly NOT valentines related. She is now in a light blue roaring 20s outfit. That thought was, "Never again will I have to deal with the stress of valentines day!" That's right! No one will ever complain about what I did/did not get for them. I never have to deal with all that "romantic" carp again!

I got all the essentials done: thank you note, bills and budget, and LOLs almost completely put away. This morning, the person came to fix the peephole in my door. I was still herding cats when he arrived. Poor Pokey was very traumatized, he was being pursued by me and there was a stranger in the house. Finally found the last one hiding in a closet in the room I wanted him to be in.

It's snowing right now, very fine and not sticking. At payroll, I have the changelog blues. I have found yet more problems. My friend reminded me about dinner tonight thank goodness! I had not put it in the DayRunner. Not sure what I will do when I get home.

LadyMaverick: What is WOE?

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:42 pm

Way of Eating, Elizabeth.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:18 pm

Thanks, Twins!

The repair part for DMom's heater was delivered this afternoon. So that required another trip to DMom's home so DBro and DNephew can finish the installation.

DS10 asked if he could stay home from church tonight. I think he is peopled out. So we are going to have a quiet night at home.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:33 pm

Speaking about diets, for me woe is woe is me why can't I stick to a diet...any diet...sigh....

Don't know what weird or wonderful thoughts I've had today. Angry, frustrated, confused, impatient maybe...

After my usual things done every day, I tackled a file that was seriously messed up. Not because of anything I did, but that particular job was all broken up, went way too long, spanned some of 2 years, changed a lot from the original plan and added to a bunch. I did what I could & then I sat with DH and we straightened it out together. Had me looking through last years receipts, last year spreadsheets, and both years of charge card bills.

It's a good thing I remember what DH tells me when I ask questions about the paperwork almost every day. Otherwise some things would have made no sense at all. I ended up with a 3-page spreadsheet and 29 pages of backup information. This was the last big project we did, finished and finaled today.

Need to find something to eat. Didn't have time to cook. DH ate all the leftovers in the refrigerator.

Sunny, I'm glad to see you're getting some things fixed up. Also glad your DH didn't hurt himself falling.

I should go do something besides sitting here in this chair.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:46 pm

sweet dreams all
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”