Weird or Wonderful Wednesday Thoughts

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Weird or Wonderful Wednesday Thoughts

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:51 am

What weird or wonderful thoughts have you today?

It isn't as if our brains are wired to work the way most people's brains work so we see, think, feel, things differently than others.

For example, this morning, as I inspected my sweater from yesterday before hanging it up in the "worn once but can be worn again" section of my closet, I was excited to notice a bit of baby drool that needed wiping off before I can wear the top again!

Having a "worn once but can be worn again" section of my closet may be weird. It is for me but then again, maybe that's what regular people have.

On the other hand, I'm sure we'll all agree being excited about baby drool is an odd thing to give thanks for, especially first thing in the morning!

Have you had a similar experience today?

In case it is just me.... you could just post wonderful thoughts you have!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Weird or Wonderful Wednesday Thoughts

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:02 am

I'm up and at it.

We were to bed at a reasonable hour and I woke up just after 6 and promptly fell asleep cuddling with dh when he turned on the radio. So I had about 8.5 hours sleep and only up once in the night.

The day is dawning brighter than recent days but it is also cold after the rains yesterday so apparently everything is icy. But schools are not cancelled. None of the drivers I talked to yesterday said the driving was bad so the cancellation of school buses yesterday seems to be overkill. It was no worse yesterday than it has been for weeks. Yes, it was very bad, but it has been that way for weeks.

Tonight is the dessert party so I should make something for that and I have to order and then pickup coffee and 'doughnut holes', unfortunately at an awkward hour of 5:30 because I want to get the car washed too and the two businesses are right next door to each other. I guess we'll be eating around 4:30. It is just leftovers to be zapped, so nice and easy.

I've already scanned and enlarged the funeral information card and I'll print several of those off to put around the room. John was interviewed for the Humans of Ottawa project and so we have, in his own words, his view of his history and his life. His sense of gratitude for his life comes through beautifully.

After posting last night, I spent some time with my journal, updating and making sure anything I wrote down has not been missed. I forgot to do the same with the online calendar so I'll do that now. My computer crashed 2 days ago, so I'm currently signed out of google and need to get signed in so I can check the calendar from the computer (my phone is on its charger at the moment.) That's 2-step verification so I've been putting that off.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:06 am

i Just saw lynlee's post from yesterday - stay safe in the floods. praying for everyone there.

Yay on up and at 'em d kathryn!!! thank you for starting us.

It isn't as if our brains are wired to work the way most people's brains work so we see, think, feel, things differently than others.
isn't that the truth for me. :D I finally really appreciate my brain (most times lol) because i find a lot of joy in a lot of places. (plus i have learned to let go of the craziness of ping pong creativity and thoughts, let's do it all thinking) - most time. 8-)

have a great day all.

how has sadie been. hope she is doing great

lucy hello from last night - wow your weather is all over the place too. stay safe yourself!
hello lilac from last night too.
hello to everyone!!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:10 am

Hi!

Everything is closed here! All schools and school buses. Numerous businesses have posted on FB that they are closed today and will be re-opened tomorrow.

The wonderful thing is that dh called me at 8 and told me to stay home from knitting today. Awww... he wants me to be safe and stay home. He's a good man.

Supper tonight is sausages and onions and peppers and potatoes. (It's an Italian dish, but I'm not using Italian sausages.)

Kathryn from all the weather reports I'm seeing and hearing, the storm is headed your way.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:24 am

Last night was one of those terrible sleeping nights. Woke up before midnight and didn't go back to sleep until after 6 this morning. That's about the time dh left to go to school with dd. They have a hockey game in Orlando tonight so won't see either of them till tomorrow.

Dsonil has launched to his new job and I expect he won't be home till maybe 4 or 5.

I need to go back to P ublix this morning and check out a price. I was sure cole slaw mix said buy one/get one (at $1.99 apiece). So I got four to make the cabbage soup. My receipt shows I was billed full price for all four so I'll head back there in a little while. Need to go to Aldi's too, so will make a loop.

Today will be a good test for me. I'm home alone with the puppy and dBailey. Test will be whether I can get pup hooked up to go outside. I've tried before and don't do very well. I can tell you she won't be going in/out, in/out. Dh told me his db may be calling me to pick him up at the car shop. I can hope NOT.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:16 am

Off to get dressed now.

I've ordered the coffee for pickup at 5:30. They say it stays hot for 4 hous and we plan to be done at 8.

I've also done the weekly kitchen chores, minus the microwave which got cleaned yesterday when dd's oatmeal exploded!

Dh is on a conference call for most of the day.

Cathy: I did not need to know that weather is coming our way. But it did stir me to get that order in. I need soda as well so may pick that up on the way to get the coffee. And we went through 3 quarts of milk in the past 36 hours somehow. DgsM2 didn't drink any of it..... (baking took 3 cups.)

Ohhh, I just said the word baking. I guess I'll make rice krispy squares as well for tonight.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:23 am

I was surprised to see that I slept 7 hr 31 minutes last night because I was up/down several times during the night. Peabody (dog) and DGD7 both woke me up during the night (at different times). The second time that DGD7 woke me up I wimped out and just put her in bed with me. That's a bad thing to do because it leads to happening again and again until DGD7 is sleeping full time with me. BTDT. I'll have to be more aware of DGD7 nocturnal needs in the next couple of nights.

I really pushed myself yesterday and was happy with the results. Sometimes I just have to focus on what will feel good once it's done. That means I have to ignore the lazy side of me. That lazy side of me would be happy just to sit around and binge watch shows for hours.

Today is our last day of break from winter weather. Tomorrow it will be 30 degrees cooler and we will be dealing with moisture in some form (rain, sleet, snow).

This is a typical Wednesday schedule for us. I have the schedule memorized now.
** 7am DD here to get DGD7 ready for school
** 8am Homeschool start
** 11am OTD with DS10
** 11:30 YMCA to get my steps in
** 12:30 lunch with DS10. It's his week to decide where we eat. (we take turns)
** 2:15 Band class
** 3:45 DGD7 from school
** 4:00 DH leaves to cook for church family
** 6:00 Church meal
** 7:00 church service
** 8:00 DGD7 bedtime.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:33 pm

H called to check in for work no answer the is weird he said. Called again got an answer. Dispatch phone answer person was indisposed.
He has left for work. Sunny now 21* to 28* today'temps. Tomorrow 14 * to 31*.
Planning and journaling done. Letters are out in the mail box now.
Breakfast & exercise on stat bike over. I watched a knitting show.
The dog chewed through her harness yesterday. :roll:
Farm tax stuff came.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:44 pm

hello dear ones!

ice is still clinging heavily to my pine and birch trees. it is a beautiful light grey misty morning.

so far... wrote out valentines day cards to dd's, d mom, d nieces and d nephews and their families.
filed paperwork from yesterday
figured out today
still need to make appointments

today is anti procrastination day for me. 8-) :D which means everything :lol:

joyous day to all of you!!!

hi d nancy hope your dh gets ahold of them. yay on your workout. dogs... lol ... re: harness.

hi d lady oh my goodness... you did get up quite a bit. hope your sweet children have a good consistent night sleep! so happy you were thrilled about our work yesterday! stay safe tomorrow in the weather.

hi d kathryn, yay on your work! enjoy those rice crispie's

hi d dee - I hope you sleep so much better tonight!!! hope your dh has fun with the hockey game in Orlando

hi d cathy stay safe too!! wishing you a great day.

happy day everyone.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:09 pm

I sat and watched TWO movies and closed my eyes a lot! Feel better now and managed to accomplish 9 things in the 12 o'clock hour. Granted many of them are simple little steps but it has motivated to go on to the next hour and do at least 4 things in that slot.

Forgot to mention that dh was doing a power point presentation today for dd's classes. All focusing on his career (at least as much as he can say) and the many places he's been and seen during his tenure with E astman K odak. Main point was to encourage the kids to be what they want to be -to make something out of their lives. Dh met a lot of interesting people in his travels to over 26 countries and saw lots of things we can only dream of. Then there were some not so good -like his trip to El Salvador. He couldn't wait to get out of there -wearing a flack jacket all the time. Of course we never knew what he did -other than the Corona Project (Spy in the Sky). That was declassified in late 90's. Talked to him earlier and he said the day had gone well. Today is early dismissal and the students were to be dismissed at 12:30. DD has professional development this afternoon -then on to Orlando. A very long day for dh!

Think I'll do up what few dishes there are. Seems strange to be here by myself all day.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”