Thursday by the TOTHs

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Thursday by the TOTHs

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:19 pm

By TOTH did Harriet mean to get out of pajamas by 11 a.m.? :lol: That's an improvement over some days....

I am bargaining with myself, I'm doing just some random genealogy - whatever strikes me, not what I "need" to do. How late can I play before stopping, and then I'll need to fold some laundry, wrap up some other things here at home, and run to the drugstore?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:10 pm

home.
still have to empty groceries
forgot to get photos printed
I have to get a pen refill
see what i spent lol

hello everyone!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:12 pm

P J day here for me today.
H got our tax apt scheduled.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:32 pm

I was awake really early and didn't get up right away but read some in my book first. That was pleasant.

Dailies
1 LOL washed and hung up

I watched an episode of Hoar ders on TV. Always motivating.

2 LOL folded and put away.

In an effort to find something for D-Bored-to-death-H to do, I suggested he go clean up his shop. I suggest this often. He was puttering around out there when I went out and said, hey why don't you sort out all that stuff you brought back here from your truck when it caught on fire. Oh, good idea, wanna help me?

I hadn't planned on being part of that plan. But we worked together on a 6' table for 3 hours. Lots accomplished.

While we were there I heard noise out in the driveway, like woosh sound. Went out there and found air blowing out of one of his truck tires at a bad valve. He couldn't hear it, so I'm glad I did. He's off now with the tire to get the valve stem replaced. Air was coming out of it quite strongly. Since he couldn't hear it, he thought I was nuts until I put his hand in the air stream!

At the next TOTH I need to start dinner.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:35 pm

Waiting at the doctor’s office... dh nervous as a cat
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:48 pm

Dh also aggravated at me bc I talk too much (at tax man) (and everywhere, LOL). Dh says I over-explain things and bring up things that don’t even need to be said. That is why I am playing on my phone.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:59 pm

hi d lucy!!! sounds like your sweet dh is so nervous that anything will bother him. praying for a good visit.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:15 pm

before I fall into a rabbit hole - i need to do the morning routine I didn't do this morning. groceries put away, menu planned.

wrote down on my calendar things for errands day next week that I missed today.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:28 pm

I took everything out of the dreaded corner-cupboard-of-doom in my kitchen and put it all back in. Question for all of you... IF you had numerous serving pieces that rarely get used would you wash them as needed or wash and then store possibly with plastic wrap covering them to keep them clean? Sorry that was a long weird question.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:37 pm

Twins' Mom wrote:By TOTH did Harriet mean to get out of pajamas by 11 a.m.? :lol: That's an improvement over some days....

I resemble that post! It was 11:02 for me when I dressed and finished breakfast. But I didn't get my hair styled until about 2.

I cooked my lunch and tidied up. I believe that is my only accomplishment since getting dressed.

My sister called and talked for a bit. She thought the cryptocurrency exchange bankruptcy would negatively affect dh. In fact, he works on block chain stuff and the block chain foundation of crypto is helping show the fraud that was committed. Now he can say for businesses using the block chain for business documents shared between companies (which is what dh is working on), it helps add a layer of security since you can't 'cook the books' easily with block chain. Which is useful when dealing with a company you don't trust.

You can still run scams (there have been dozens and dozens involving cryptocurrency) but the underlying block chain isn't the problem, it is the unsavoury people who are attracted to cryptocurrency (which is why I figure crypto will never become a form of currency, it is currently a big scam.)

Dh finally pulled up his personal notes on our 'wallet' which has probably been stolen in the Quadriga scam and he thought it had $500. It did as of 12 months ago but the value of cryptocurrencies dropped so much, that it is currently worth about $113.

Dh is making ribs for his dinner and I'm defrosting leftover pork stew for myself. I had grilled cheese and bacon for my lunch. Decided on that on my own, no prompting from here.

Cathy: I polish, wash and store my silver in plastic wrap to discourage tarnish. The rest just get washed and put away. The cupboard is fairly dust free and I wipe with a damp cloth or even wash if necessary when I set the table. Glasses are stored upside down so are only dusty on the outside, china is in a quilted case, silver in a silver chest so it is only the serving dishes that might get dusty.

There's an even longer answer than your question!

Return to “Post When You Can”