Thursday by the TOTHs

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Thursday by the TOTHs

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:36 pm

I did a 10 min kitchen spiff after dinner it looks better yea.

A bad wreck with a fatality 31 yo male died closed a main road for several hours this afternoon causing congestion.

Snowmagedden predicted for Seattle the next few days winter weather advisory are up. 1-2" for the valley in our area could increase but areas higher in elevation have 3-6 " forecast or more the weather folks do not really know how much snow will come. More soup and sandwiches in our future.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:26 am

((BookSaver)) although I don't want to think of you feeling bad because of having to eat that food, I think it's wonderful that your dh offered you such confident trips today. Whew.

Neglected to tell Kathryn I enjoyed looking her up and remember that photo.

I totally understand about a bathroom being used and therefore blocking what the other person needs to get ready. This is common for us. Our master closet is our household's largest, most-used closet and it is part and parcel of the master bath. If you need an item from there, you wait until the bathroom is freed up. (Just charming when everyone is supposed to go to the same event, lol!) I noticed ds and ddil's is the same, and their house is a new plan. I would have thought that smart new houseplans would try to avoid that. But they have a "suite of master-everything" as well!

We are strangely warm here, but just temporarily. Trying to figure out widely swinging temps, which I think Nancy mentioned were happening to her sister. Pollen and influenza both are common topics of conversation at the same time. Falling back down to 20s at night in a couple days, with rains and potential ice, so this is the kind of rapid change that will make people get (or at least feel) sick.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:00 am

Oh, that is so sad about the young man in the wreck, Nancy...
And I’m sorry your ddil had such a rough day, Harriet.

Dh has the computer right now and I’m having trouble reviewing posts to reply — but y’all, weird thoughts...
Dh asked what I was doing — at the computer -/ and I said: “Transposing stuff from my gratitude journal so if I die ds won’t think I’m crazy.”
Dh looked at me like I had lost my mind and said, “You waste a lot of time, don’t you?”

And then Harriet, you mentioned being reluctant to part with your own written words...
and NOW ... y’all, I’m thinking..,
Is it even CRAZIER to re-type all this c-r-a-p???
And I’m kinda in a panic because I already tossed (the handwritten) 2010-2012.

But maybe it’s not crazy bc it’s a way of recording my memories and my life, which includes sooo much of ds’s life (and the dgrands’ lives) in a more manageable way. Rather than a dozen or more messy notebooks. I may never write the next great American novel, but I can preserve the special parts of our lives for them, right?

It’s official. I have totally lost my mind.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”