Finding your mind Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Finding your mind Friday

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Good morning everyone! DD16 and I went shopping for her birthday presents: a desk from me and the chair for it from my parents. Of course, there was not time to assemble them, but they are out of the way and, best of all, out of my car! We were also both craving a stop at the ice cream place for sherbet. Very weird, because neither of us has many cravings and we aren't big dessert eaters. That made us a little late getting her back to her dad's, but there is no school today, so not a problem. She just called him to give him a heads up.

After she left, there was not enough time to do much, but I did shift money around to cover the furniture purchase. Stayed up too late on computer jigsaws, stupid stupid stupid.

At payroll, I am going to lunch with my coworkers. Daily loads are running and my course is clear for the queries.

For TCF (traveling companion friend), I will look into lynlee's suggestion of an American equivalent to a public trustee or a solicitor.

Harriet: Hades will freeze before TCF chooses to rely on xBFF for anything financial, legal, or health care related. The current person designated to handle her affairs if she can't is a nephew. The problem: he is in his 70s and his health is failing. TCF is taking active steps to prevent xBFF from ever taking over. I doubt xBFF would ever deliberately do anything legally or morally questionable. I have no idea about the boyfriend. I know of a situation where xBFF did something illegal out of ignorance in her house financing. (I found out many years after the fact). She also has a long track record of dumb financial choices and would rather use alternative treatments than standard medical care. As an example, she had a "healing" for TCF that consisted of the practitioner singing over bowls of water. Not an approved treatment for diabetes and the practitioner had no license to practice medicine, alternative or otherwise.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:43 pm

Waiting for the orchestra to begin. We got here early so we could get seats with no one setting behind DS10. He stresses over doing tics in front of people. Clueless kids can be cruel.
Now he is okay with being here. Hopefully the music will inspire them and show them possibilities.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:28 pm

LadyM: I hope the children enjoy the concert. It is a favourite of mine. I had an LP of it that I would play over and over as a youngun.

Twins: I often see you taking time to stamp a card as a way to recharge your batteries or after a stressful experience. If you still see yourself doing that going forward, I suggest you don't stress over the quantity of items you have for that but focus on making sure they are current and stored in such a way that you can pull them out and get to the fun part immediately, instead of having to organize and find things each time you want to stamp. That might mean letting go of some things or might mean buying a better storage solution.

The same goes for Harriet and her gift wrapping. Not my choice of artistic expression but I see the joy it gives her.

I ran out of time. The non-craft items are done but the craft stuff had to be packed up and tucked away in order for the office to be less messy when the guest arrived.

I have put my SHE cards into the recycle bin. I have saved some of my household hints and inspirations and put them in the sentimental pile to be dealt with later. HGP went there as well, since the cards were pretty (I had decorated them when I made up the system.) I may toss, I may keep, I don't know. I do know I was ready to let go of the other system(s) (there were at least 2 sets of cards) and don't regret it at all. There is no way I'd go back to cards in the future. Keeping them around was even a bit negative since one of the cards I saw was "visit mom". That made me sad.

Dh vacuumed for me, I gave up on mopping and focused on tidying instead. I'm currently working in the kitchen but the roar of the wind is too much for me. I will go get my headphones.

Edited add: my headphones are in my desk which is closed because of a stash and dash. I'll find another room to work in.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:31 pm

I have walked the dog to the corner and fetched the mail.
H is working.
Glad I got chores done this morning.
Lunch is over.
Yarn crafting next / underway did several rows.
Doing some research on farm management for attracting deer very interesting.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:03 pm

Home from our outing. The orchestra was a big hit with DGD7. She liked that the music made her feel different emotions. She whispered to me throughout the music that it made her feel happy, scared, excited, etc. There was a group of deaf children and their Interpreter that sat in front of us. I found it interesting to watch how those deaf children reacted to music.

DGS21 meet us for lunch at a local tourist place. Overpriced hamburgers because of the atmosphere and decorations. I knew this before we went but I selected it because none of the grandkids had eaten there. Now they can say they have BTDT.

I went to the Y to get my steps in for the day. DS10 and DGD7 played basketball while I walked the indoor track. I like this location because the walking track is over the basketball court so I can keep them in sight at all times. I am not concerned about keeping DS10 in my sight at all times, but DGD7 needs more observation.

I stopped on the way home to wash the SUV. It is 37 degrees and bright sunshine. The automatic wash was still closed due to freezing weather. With over a decade of owning/caring for a car wash i am well experienced with freezing weather so I selected a wash stall that was in bright sunshine and appeared to be ice-free. DRAT! The moment I stepped out of the vehicle, my feet went flying up and I hit the concrete hard. My head hit hard on the SUV running board. I didn't hurt anything but I was immediately concerned that I gave myself a concussion because my head hit so hard. I could feel some swelling where I hit on my head. I came home and have an ice pack on my head. I looked up the symptoms to be concerned about from hitting the head and I don't have any of them. I will continue to monitor but I think I am fine.
1. Know what you want.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:23 pm

Unloaded the dishwasher from last night's load and refilled with glass and crystal serving dishes. There was only one huge serving plate that didn't fit. I will put the china and other pieces in the next time I have a night where there isn't a large enough load.

There had been a cast iron frying pan sitting on the counter for a few days. Dh always cleans them. I guess when he came out and saw that was the only thing on the "dirty" side of the counter, he felt obligated to clean it before he went to work!

I went and did all the banking for the month except the internet bill which I couldn't find. I had paid ahead on that one, so there shouldn't be any problem for this month.

LadyM I hope you are okay.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:05 pm

I have seen they asked for emergency declaration for snow storm stuff for our state, West side got hit really hard, we had some sun today 34* this afternoon on the East side.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:53 pm

I am greatly relieved and thankful to be getting off without any problems (other than initial swelling) from falling. I don't even have a headache so I am declaring myself a-okay.
1. Know what you want.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:16 pm

LadyM, hope your head is ok. Oh I see you think you are ok. Great!

Corner cabinets: in our old house we had 2 of those. Our kitchen was U shaped and down at the corners of the U were 2 cabinets and of course they went very deep back into the corner, also the counter above went very deep back there. Both cabinets had hinged doors (2 doors hinged together in the middle). Inside we had built-in lazy susans, 2-shelf round trays that spun on a pole. There was a pie-shaped piece out of each circle so the doors would close properly.

I had no pantry in that kitchen, so in these corner cabinets was where I kept all my food stuffs. The left one had all my baking things, the right was cereals and canned goods. The problem was that my stove was at the very middle of the end of the U between the corner cabinets. It made those cabinets warm. Sometimes my foods would go bad. But anyway, with the lazy susan, all the space was usable. One thing I learned: do not design a kitchen like this!

I had basically no energy today, so not a lot got done. Just the usual morning chores. I guess I was tired from yesterday. Last evening I helped put all those containers together in the holder and we installed on the inside wall of the big truck. Some cleaning out of that spot and screwing up on the wall. 2 big tall steps to get up into the truck, over and over up and down. I will get back to work tomorrow!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:27 pm

Harmony - you described my kitchen, except for no lazy susans in my corners.

Friday - I stayed up late again, though not as late as the night before.
I went in to the library yesterday afternoon, then walked home so I could skip going out to walk again. Also, I'd just missed a bus and i was home before the next bus could get there.

Saturday support group online.
tmeds dress bedmade, rdgs and response and bfst done before that.

Kitchen cleanup is next.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”