Simple Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Simple Sunday

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:46 am

We were a quiet group yesterday and it's also a quiet morning here in our little village.

What are your plans for a simple Sunday? One where you rest a little, enjoy family a little, plan a little, and do the things that recharge you for the week ahead?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: Simple Sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:06 pm

Happy Sunday dear Twins!!!

hello everyone! happy Wednesday.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:08 pm

Twins' Mom wrote:What are your plans for a simple Sunday? One where you rest a little, enjoy family a little, plan a little, and do the things that recharge you for the week ahead?

That's sounds close.

I'm just about finished Konmari-ing the outerwear. Some duplicates didn't pass the 'joy' test so are in a smallish (under one green garbage bag) pile of donations. I took dh's scarf in his university's colours in to put on him for a minute and he went, "I'm not getting rid of this." Of course not, but he had no idea where it was and so it never gives him joy. I was just putting it on him for a minute. Eventually, I made room for it in his regular gloves/hats drawer. He won't wear it but now when he opens the drawer he'll see it and get that spark of joy.

In the meantime, 2 unloved scarves were put in the other pile, along with some boots of mine (whenever I buy a new pair, I keep the old for some weird reason) and a jacket that I love but is the wrong colour.

I kept another jacket that is too small but brilliantly designed (and doesn't take much room) so I can use it as a goal to fit into. I have no idea how much weight I have to lose to wear it though, it is tight through my hips and they are one of the last things to get small. Probably 30+ pounds.

Somehow I've forgotten how the boot trays fit together in the closet and dh can't remember so the closet won't be done until he cuts them down to fit. He cut one earlier this winter and commented that it was easy, so I'm hoping these new cuts are easy too.

The rest of my day will be at the computer but I'll try and break it up with some vacuuming and maybe a walk outside.

We now have a winter storm advisory for Tuesday but it says it will start later in the day, so that means I could do the activity with dgsM2 but dd doesn't want him around other children due to germs. There's another 2 weeks of this and by then she figures dgdJ0 will have more of an immune system. In the meantime she complains about dgs being difficult but the poor kid must be bored out of his skull. He's used to library time and playgroup or a museum trip at least once a week. Dd was shocked to find out there was a play area at the aviation museum and we let him play there with the toys. Germs, you know. I did have him wash his hands before we left and he's great about not touching his face, plus he isn't sick, so he survived being with me just fine.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:21 pm

Snowy Sunday here today. It started at 4 according to the forecast 1- 2" already up to 6" possible. I took meds. Had coffee and breakfast.
Watching a how to planner video. I need to exercise.
I have a meal plan.
Dailies up next.
2 rounds of snow removal done, more to do this is my exercise.
h is cooking omlettes for brunch.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:34 pm

HI!

Roomba is in charge of getting as much dirt out of the back hall as possible today. Now that all of the ice and snow is gone, the carpet is dry and there is a lot of gritty stuff on the carpet. We don't use salt but we do use kitty litter when needed. Plus our driveway is not really paved. It was paved once upon a time, but now it's mostly dirt/gravel.

Tonight we are having a salmon casserole. (Canned salmon replacing the canned tuna.) The past will be baby shells, because we like how they trap the salmon a bit. I would prefer the next size up of shells, but we have used all the bags I had and I am trying to use up stuff from the pantry.

No wind here today probably for the first time in a few weeks. It just seems to be windy here most of the time. Partly because we are between the escarpment and the lake.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:43 pm

Nancy, I would enjoy being snowed in. Instead, it's raining here. Dh is not likely to be home until late - he said he doesn't start bowling until 1 and then bowls 6 games, so he's thinking he's done at 7ish. And that's in a time zone west of us so the two hours home become three.

So I have another "free" day with him out. I got up at 7:30 as requested by the dog and let her out to potty. She was quite confused when I made her come back in and went back to bed. I slept until 10. I know the meds are making me sleepy and I'm trying to cut down. The pain isn't so bad most of the time.

I had a thought yesterday about a genealogy case study and went down the rabbit hole. I'm trying to find a good case study for the portfolio and worrying myself over it. I can't use anything that names another person included in the portfolio so I'm having troubles.

This has sat here on the computer off and on for two hours. I'm going down another rabbit hole...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:54 pm

oh being a young mom. Sweet dd, kathryn, will find out when they get into kindergarten.
i know your grandson had a ball with you there at the play area!!!
stay safe on tuesday with the weather!

hi d nancy... stay safe in the snow which was supposed to be 2" but is now 6" :D

hi d cathy!

hi d twins! waving too at everyone

I got rid of all d kids binder separators, files, zip zapped old checking info
and zip zapped misc. papers.
dh donated a large amounts of cloths - he is depressed about when work cancelled the wearing of suits. He said it used to make him feel good being in a suit and in 1996 the company cancelled this practice. I don't know. I wish i could get him interested in something to help him have purpose and have a new joy in life.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:55 pm

Twins or whomever what geology dna test is good.

Snow has nearly stopped for now.
No journaling done yet. Planning done.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:54 pm

Blessed: Almost every time he goes to playgroup he gets sick. It will be a huge issue for the first few years of school. On the plus side, he's acting up enough now that she isn't as heartbroken that he goes off to school in 18 months!

I think I'll go out for a walk. It isn't too cold and I know the roads as good as they can be. It is sunny and I'm in the mood for sun. It is too late to go out for lunch so I guess I'll eat up the pub leftovers in case I go out for lunch tomorrow.

I'm s2s - just managed that 50 minutes ago. The delay was due to finishing the outerwear declutter. It totaled a green garbage bag full after all. At the last minute I tossed my two fancy hats. They don't give me joy any more and I don't think I've worn them since we moved. I kept one dressy summer hat and one dressy winter hat, plus all my Tilley hats, of course. The thing about dress hats is they are tricky to wear in the wind. Neither of these have anything to adjust to make the hat tighter, unlike my Tilleys.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:56 pm

Nancy, for most people the Ancestry test is best. Of course, it depends on why you're testing but Ancestry is easy to interpret and the largest DNA testing company. There are Valentines sales right now for $59, I think.

Return to “Post When You Can”